Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 2, 2013
Alright, so after having the opportunity to own both Quiet comfort 3 and 15 headphones, I thought I'd give my opinion on each to help those deciding between the two.

Size: The QC3s are an entire size smaller than the QC15s. QC3 wins in terms of portability, but both headphones come with a carrying case and I don't think the QC15s are more of a burden to carry around. The smaller QC3 is an on ear design compared to the QC15 which is an over the ear design.

Battery: QC3 comes with one rechargeable battery that lasts maybe 25 hours or so. I recommend buying another battery from amazon or ebay so that you can have one to use when the other battery dies. QC15 runs on AAA batteries and should last for 35 hours. I recommend buying eneloop rechargeable batteries and a charger so you're not buying batteries every two weeks. Buying an additional battery for the QC3 can be relatively cheap if you get an off-brand battery or buy it used (~$10-$20). 4 eneloop batteries and a charger to use with the QC15 is around $20.

Design: Major design difference is that the QC3 is on ear and the QC15 is over the ear. Both are very comfortable, but I personally thought the QC3 felt better on my head, maybe because it's lighter. The audio cable is also designed differently on both. QC15 has a volume control switch on the cable that you can change to high or low. This part goes inside the earpiece, so you'd have to remove the cable to adjust it. QC15 and QC3 also come with a cable that has a remote and microphone that you can use to take phone calls.

Noise Cancellation: I'll probably be in a minority when I say this, but I didn't notice a difference in noise cancellation between the two headphones. QC15 allegedly has the best noise cancellation, but it didn't block out the sound of people talking or even birds chirping outside without music playing. QC15 is supposedly great at blocking out airplane engine noise, so maybe you'll get the most benefit from these if you're a frequent flier. Both these headphones are great at reducing sound, but you'll still be able to hear outside noise. Also, the QC15 gave me a major headache within ten minutes of usage due to the noise cancellation technology. You may want to consider trying these out before you buy because the noise cancellation in the QC15 can cause dizziness and headaches in some people. I didn't encounter this problem with the QC3 though.

Sound Quality: This was the deciding factor for me in choosing which headphones to keep. The QC3 sounds so, so, so much better. I'm not an audiophile, but the difference between the two was night and day to me. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD202 headphones that cost me $20 and sound better than the QC15. If you have never owned high end headphones before, you might be satisfied with the QC15, but it's seriously lacking in bass and treble. I thought I was listening to a $10 pair of headphones and not a $300 pair. On ear headphones do tend to sound better because the speakers are closer to your ear, but over the ear headphones shouldn't be so lacking in sound quality if you're paying $300 for them.

Pricing: Would I personally pay $300 for the QC15 or $350 for the QC3? Absolutely not. I had the opportunity to own either set at a discount (~$120) which is the only reason I currently own the QC3. I'd pay $150 max for the QC3 and I wouldn't buy the QC15 at all. I'm not the kind of person who wants to spend a whole lot on headphones, so this is just a reflection of how much I would pay and not how much I think they're actually worth. I honestly haven't tried any other brand of high end headphones, so I can't objectively say if the retail price fits the quality on the QC3.

Bottom line: QC3 is the better set in my books due to the QC15s so-so audio quality. The only reason the QC15 is $300 is because of the noise cancellation. I bet the QC15 wouldn't even sell for $30 if it didn't have noise cancellation. Bose may tell you that the QC15 are the best headphones they have to offer, but I found the QC3 to be superior. I can't recommend the QC15, but I think the QC3 are the best sounding headphones I've owned and they do a decent job at reducing noise. I highly recommend trying out several pairs of headphones that are comparably priced before settling on Bose though. $300 isn't really chump change (for the average person anyway), so you want to make sure you get the best for your money.
1212 comments| 699 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2014
I love love love these! I was torn between buying the bigger pair, the QuietComfort 15, like my husband has, but I am so pleased I didn't. These fit my head better, although the top part is still too tall to touch my head while wearing the ear parts. I love that all I have to do is plug in the rechargeable battery for an hour or two the night before a flight. They have lasted plenty long for our domestic flights as well as to the Caribbean. Comfy and not too bulky or heavy like the 15s. I travel in comfort! Not to mention the iPod/iPhone cord works really well and is very handy.
on December 30, 2015
Love these guys.

They charge pretty quickly, and last for very long flights (didn't charge it fully and it lasts for a 14 hour flight from Japan).
Cancels general annoying noise, like all airplane background noise the actual plane makes.

Generally comfortable for a few hours, but if you wear a very long time they start to ge that around the ears and make you sweat.
I suspect most noise canceling headphones are like this however due to the need for a secure connection.

I also love BOSE customer support. I have never had an issue with these, but my in-ear BOSE have broken a few times and they replace them no questions asked.
on May 8, 2013
The Bose QC3 are a fantastic pair of head phones. I purchased a used pair because the price for new was a bit high but got lucky with an honest used seller on Amazon with a pair in virtually new condition.

PROS:
+ Sound. Good highs, good base. Everything sounds fresh and balanced.
+ Temperature. I know, sounds odd- but the fact is if you are wearing headphones for a long period of time they trap your ears and they get uncomfortably warm. The way these are that doesn't seem to happen. They stay nice and cool.
+ Noise Canceling. What else is there to say? It just works. Saves your ears in the long run and makes it easy to relax.
+ Comfort. Overall, more comfortable than other on-ear headphones. That being said with any on-ear I find they can push a bit on the cartilage in the ear which can be unpleasant for long durations. IE, 9-5 work. Still these are superior in comfort to other on-ears.

CONS
- Price. Very high for a new model. Discouragingly high. Though to be fair, I still would have gotten a new pair if I couldn't find a used for less like I did.
- Battery. The batter life is great- the problem isn't the battery itself, it's that you for them to work at all, the battery must be on. There is no option to turn off the noise-canceling so the Q3C can run without battery power. That's a bit aggravating especially if I want to listen to music without noise-canceling (such as work where I only want to pay half attention) or if I want to conserve energy.

Anyway, still a solid product and I'm very happy with it. As others have said, life-saver on airplanes.
on July 22, 2017
I just love my Bose headphone! The vendor was very courteous and even sent me an extra battery at no charge. I am extremely happy with my purchase and would recommend this vendor to all my friends and family!
on May 1, 2014
I ordered the headphones with trepidation as I had not ordered anything like this before. They arrived in 48 hours just a week before I was due to fly.
They were in perfect condition but what I did not realize was that the component that needed charging was in the headphones itself (it pays to read the instructions) so I ordered another part. As it turned out that was a wise move to have a spare ready charged.
I tested the headphones while in bed and was really pleased with how they minimized room noise. While flying there were excellent for watching and listening to the airlines entertainment system. The headphones do not cancel out all background noise but they certainly reduce it to an acceptable level.
I am hooked
on November 15, 2014
These headphones are amazing. I had a pair of beats headphones before this but man am I glad I upgraded. These headphones are lighter than the beats and do not give you the headaches and fatigue from wearing them. I will say that after wearing for several hours I had to remove them to let my ears breathe a little (they can make your ears a bit hot after long periods), but the sound proofing is great and I can wear them for over 10 hours without having to recharge the batteries. They aren't quite as loud as the beats I owned previously but because of the noise cancellation the sound was better.
on July 22, 2014
Love these. Made the child screaming all of the way cross country from Atlanta almost bearable. I am sure I will be disappointed like others when the ear pieces start to deteriorate as the coverings seem paper thin. In addition, some design work on the case to better manage cords seems a no brainer.
on April 26, 2014
Purchased the to use for better concentration at work. I have three people near me that are on conference calls 80% of the day, put these on set the volume to 5 of 16 on my iPhone and I'm transported to my own world. (Using ear buds I used to turn volume to max and could see hear the coworkers' conversations.). I wear these about 8 hours a day I can get 4-5 days on one charge and very comfortable to wear, ear buds are now uncomfortable to me. Bought a spare battery so I wouldn't have to wait the 2 hours for full charge.
on August 15, 2014
The Headphones are very nice. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a good noise cancellation headphone. Here are some of the good and bad points that i liked about the headphones. Hope this will be helpful for you to make the buying decision

Good Points:
1. Comfortable on ears as compared to around the ear model ( QC 15 )
2. Sound Quality Good
3. Light Weight
4. Noise Cancellation works for a office / home very well

Bad Points ( I wish there was a better solution for these ):
1. Expensive Rechargeable Battery ( only one comes in the package )
2. Not a very big concern but high Bass Music is better on beats as compared to Bose. In my opinion If you like Hip Hop Music you should look at Beats.