Bose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$268.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- The best around-ear Bose headphones reduce noise across a wide range of frequencies
- Enjoy music and movies with clear and lifelike sound
- Comfortable, around-the-ear fit; ideal for frequent flyers
- Includes airline adapter, carrying case, and two audio cables - one with mic/remote for iPhone/iPod control and hands-free iPhone calling
- AAA battery included: 35 hours average life
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Bose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||ROSE deals||Amazon.com||POCKET-GEAR||Amazon.com|
|Color||Silver||Black||Black, Silver||Fully integrated electronics-no external modules needed|
|Headphones Form Factor||closed-back||closed-back||closed-back||closed-back|
|Dimensions||2.75 inches x 8.5 inches x 8.75 inches||9.38 inches x 2.5 inches x 5.88 inches||2.75 inches x 8.5 inches x 8.75 inches||11 inches x 8.2 inches x 2.5 inches|
|Item Weight||0.46 pounds||0.43 pounds||0.46 pounds||1.05 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Bose® QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® Headphones
Full Spectrum Noise Reduction
They're the best Bose around-ear headphones, period. QuietComfort 15 headphones feature exclusive Bose advancements in noise reduction technology. You hear less noise and more of your music and movies-with quality sound and a long-lasting comfortable fit. You won't find this combination of benefits in any other around-ear headphone.
Bose technology at work
Within every pair of QC®15 headphones, advanced electronics use microphones inside and outside each earcup to sense the sounds around you-and reduce the noise. Proprietary ear cushion technology blocks some of the noise before it even reaches your ears. Together, these Bose innovations add up to a more enjoyable listening experience.
Relax with music - or without it
QC15 headphones also feature proprietary signal processing and TriPort® acoustic headphone structure for more lifelike sound-including deep low notes-from small, lightweight earcups. And when you'd rather relax without music, switch on QC headphones to simply reduce the noise around you, wherever you are.
Take calls. Take control
QC15 headphones come with a cable customized for select Apple® products. A three-button remote and microphone let you take calls on your iPhone and control music functions on other Apple devices. You can also purchase a mobile kit that lets your QC headphones work with other cell phones, too.
Welcome to a better-sounding world
When you fly with QC15 headphones, engine roar fades to a whisper. When you listen at home or at work, fewer distractions get in the way of your music. And when you want to stay connected, calls are just a button-press away. QC15 headphones continue to give you more of what you want to hear, and less of what you don't.
QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones Highlights
- Significant noise reduction across a wider range of frequencies. Proprietary Bose innovations use microphones both inside and outside each earcup to sense and reduce the sounds around you.
- TriPort acoustic headphone structure, another Bose exclusive, features tiny vents in the earcups to enable a tonally-balanced audio performance-including reproduction of deep, low notes-from relatively small and lightweight headphones.
- Active equalization electronically tunes the headphones' frequency response, enabling outstanding audio performance.
- Interchangeable audio cables, one for general use, and one just for select Apple products, offer greater convenience than permanently connected Y-cables.
- Inline microphone allows for hands-free iPhone conversation and access to certain voice applications, such as VoiceOver and Voice Control, in other Apple products.
- Inline three-button remote switches between calls and music, and controls volume, track selection and voice applications on select Apple products.
- Advanced ear cushions use new materials in a proprietary design to establish a critical acoustical seal-helping to further reduce noise while providing a comfortable fit.
- Fold-flat earcups rotate 90 degrees for easy storage and portability in the included case.
- Slim carrying case helps protect headphones and accessories during travel.
Apple cable compatibility
The QuietComfort 15 inline remote and microphone cable is compatible with iPod nano (4th, 5th and 6th generation), iPod classic (120GB, 160GB only), iPod touch (2nd, 3rd and 4th generation), iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad and iPad 2, and Macbook (unibody) and Macbook Pro. The remote is supported by iPod shuffle (3rd generation). Audio is supported by all iPod models. Requires latest iPod software.
|Overall headphone dimensions||7.5"H x 6"W x 1.5"D ( 19.1 cm x 15.2 cm x 3.8 cm )|
|Ear cushion outside dimensions||3.8"H x 2.9"W ( 9.6 cm x 7.4 cm )|
|Weight with cables||4.9 oz (140 g)|
What's in the box
- QuietComfort 15 headphones
- QuietComfort 15 inline remote and microphone cable (detachable)
- Standard audio cable (detachable)
- AAA battery
- Carrying case
- Airline adapter
Similar Bose Products to Consider
Top Customer Reviews
Disclosure: I have tried all these on an airplane. I am not an audiophile. Noise Cancelation is the most important attribute to me.
The Carrying Case: All four are quite durable and stiff.
1.) Bose QC25- Very small, compact, and just big enough. Does not really have room for anything else. Could fit in a briefcase.
2.) Bose- QC15- This case is bigger than the QC25 (Which could be a good thing. Doesn't feel much bigger, and still has room for ipod, Gameboy, batteries, whatever).
3.) Sennheiser- Square shape, low profile, however not a lot of room for anything else in case.
4.) Audio Technica- Nice big case if you want to carry extra stuff (Nintendo DS, ipod, etc).
5.) Beat case is very elegant and hip, but very wide and skinny. Maybe room for an ipod and that's about it. Caribbeaner Clasp.
1.) Sennheiser- you can tell this is built VERY well. Strong plastics, good components, thick cord. Top notch. You feel like you are getting something really high quality.
2.) Beats appears to be extremely well made. Heavy duty industrial plastics, metal fasteners. High end box, thick cord, great packaging, solid construction. Only concern of mine is that the battery compartment seems a little fragile.
3.) Bose25 is a step up here from the 15. Detachable cord. A little more substantial feeling. Touches of aluminum on the headphones, and some nicer quality padding. While not as substantial at the Sennheiser, they do feel more luxurious and a little more solidly built than the QC15.
4.) Audio Technica- Nice solid construction, appears durable. Mostly heavy duty plastic.
5.Read more ›
Since I'm a tech and music geek, I was longly agonizing about the type of headphones to buy, and the process included extensively researching (including reading Amazon reviews) and making live in-store confrontations when possibilities of choice started to narrow down. With respect of my decision, budget was not a limiting factor, since I was determinated to treat myself with a top-quality product.
Final choice narrowed down to Bose Quiet Comfort 15 and Monster Beats by Dr. Dre. I eventually decided for the first ones, and I bought them while in New York for a business trip about one month ago. Since then, I tested them in different noise conditions, so I feel I can give quite a rounded review. Impressions are written on the basis of their use in combination with a Sony Walkman NWZ-E465 digital player; or airplane internal movie system on a transcontinental flight.
House: When I first experimented them, alone at home, noise reduction was stunning. Turning the noise-canceling switch on, cut away any external noise (air-conditioning humming, fingers snapping in front of my face), music was clear and well rounded.
Traffic: I wore them while walking from home to work in NYC (Fifth Avenue to Madison Avenue) in the morning and afternoon, therefore with significant car-related humming noise. Performance was great, music clear and vibrant, overall a very exciting experience.
Flight: On my way back from NYC to Italy, I wore them and could have a very quiet vision of a movie.Read more ›
With the Bose headsets, NR means NR, they ain't kidding about when they say NR, absolutely no background noise on the flight. My quick thoughts on this so far:
- You haven't heard true HD sound if you haven't heard it on this headset. And the sound is not like bass or treble heavy, it's just crisp and you can hear every water drop and every single instrument being played. And NR works great both ways on this headset - the surrounding noise is almost cancelled out completely for you when you're using the headsets, and the sound of the sound from the headset doesn't carry out of the headsets either. I can listen to music or movies at a fairly high volume and the person sitting next to me won't hear a thing.
- The leather trim around the headsets makes them extremely comfortable to wear. I wear them on 15-hour flights and don't feel any strain by the end of the flight. My ears or head don't hurt because of the headsets and the plastic strap. They truly are made for comfort.
- It comes with airplane adapter so you can turn it from a single 3.5mm audio cable into one that fits in the airplane sockets. The cable is also detachable completely from the headset, which I actually find very useful when I want to doze off and not be bothered by surrounding noise. You don't realize how effective the headsets are till you take them off and realize how much of background noise they were eliminating!
- The only one downside of this headset is that it runs on a AAA battery.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Outstanding noise cancelling and very good all-round sound performance.Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
The sound is pretty good but I expected much more for the price. I have to change the battery after every 4 to 6 hours of use or I start to hear the difference... Read morePublished 4 days ago by lola
5-star sound quality and comfort but gets demerits for
- Requires an AAA battery every 35 hours for noise cancellation to work
- Wired. Read more
Don't get me wrong, I adore these headphones. The sound quality is amazing and are comfortable to wear, and they're overall a great product. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Erin
These headphones are excellent during flight, comfortable to wear and look nice.Published 15 days ago by Katri
Thank you Bose - These are magical for a long flight and have used them for cross world trips to Australia. Read morePublished 16 days ago by randumtasx
I purchased these in 2013 for my husband that flies abroad more than the average businessman. He was impressed with the noise cancelling mode on the headset, but says that the... Read morePublished 19 days ago by RK
These are great!. My wife and I fly fairly often together and separately for work. My wife was coming back and sat next to someone that was using these. Read morePublished 20 days ago by J Manson
Our son gave me this as a gift some years ago (I don't think he bought it thru Amazon.) Since then I've used it half a dozen times. Read morePublished 23 days ago by A. Gutierrez