Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Bose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Hea..." and save 71% off the $269.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Bose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- The best around-ear Bose headphones reduce noise across a wide range of frequencies. Connectivity Technology: Wired/Wireless
- Enjoy music and movies with clear and lifelike sound
- Comfortable, around-the-ear fit; ideal for frequent flyers
- Includes airline adapter, carrying case, and two audio cables-one with mic/remote for iPhone/iPod control and hands-free iPhone calling
- AAA battery included: 35 hours average life
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones for Samsung and Android devices, Black (wired, 3.5mm)
Bose SoundTrue around-ear headphones II - Apple devices, Charcoal
Audio Technica AUD ATH-ANC7B Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B QuietPoint Active Noise-Cancelling Closed-Back Headphones - Wired
Bose SoundLink around-ear wireless headphones II Black
Sennheiser HD 4.50 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation (HD 4.50 BTNC)
|Price||From $75.95||$199.00||$165.48||$99.95||$229.00||See price in cart|
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Adorama Camera||Portable World||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||Silver||Black||Charcoal Black||Fully integrated electronics-no external modules needed||Black||Black|
|Item Dimensions||8.75 x 8.5 x 2.75 in||6 x 1.75 x 7.5 in||6.5 x 1.5 x 7.75 in||2.5 x 8.2 x 11 in||6.5 x 1.77 x 7.87 in||3.94 x 7.08 x 10.25 in|
|Item Weight||7.4 ounces||6.88 ounces||1.2 lbs||1.05 lbs||6.88 ounces||7.84 ounces|
|Additional Features||ios-phone-control||android-phone-control, foldable, ios-phone-control, lightweight, volume-control, noise-cancellation||microphone-feature||foldable, lightweight, noise-cancellation||wireless||Wireless, Noise-Cancellation, Microphone-Feature|
QuietComfort 15 headphones feature exclusive Bose advancements in noise reduction technology. You hear less noise and more of your music and movies-with quality sound and a long-lasting comfortable fit. You won't find this combination of benefits in any other headphone.Connectivity Technology: Wired,Jack Type: Angled(3.5 mm) and One (1) Year Warranty.
From the Manufacturer
Bose® QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® Headphones
Full Spectrum Noise Reduction
They're the best Bose around-ear headphones, period. QuietComfort 15 headphones feature exclusive Bose advancements in noise reduction technology. You hear less noise and more of your music and movies-with quality sound and a long-lasting comfortable fit. You won't find this combination of benefits in any other around-ear headphone.
Bose technology at work
Within every pair of QC®15 headphones, advanced electronics use microphones inside and outside each earcup to sense the sounds around you-and reduce the noise. Proprietary ear cushion technology blocks some of the noise before it even reaches your ears. Together, these Bose innovations add up to a more enjoyable listening experience.
Relax with music - or without it
QC15 headphones also feature proprietary signal processing and TriPort® acoustic headphone structure for more lifelike sound-including deep low notes-from small, lightweight earcups. And when you'd rather relax without music, switch on QC headphones to simply reduce the noise around you, wherever you are.
Take calls. Take control
QC15 headphones come with a cable customized for select Apple® products. A three-button remote and microphone let you take calls on your iPhone and control music functions on other Apple devices. You can also purchase a mobile kit that lets your QC headphones work with other cell phones, too.
Welcome to a better-sounding world
When you fly with QC15 headphones, engine roar fades to a whisper. When you listen at home or at work, fewer distractions get in the way of your music. And when you want to stay connected, calls are just a button-press away. QC15 headphones continue to give you more of what you want to hear, and less of what you don't.
QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones Highlights
- Significant noise reduction across a wider range of frequencies. Proprietary Bose innovations use microphones both inside and outside each earcup to sense and reduce the sounds around you.
- TriPort acoustic headphone structure, another Bose exclusive, features tiny vents in the earcups to enable a tonally-balanced audio performance-including reproduction of deep, low notes-from relatively small and lightweight headphones.
- Active equalization electronically tunes the headphones' frequency response, enabling outstanding audio performance.
- Interchangeable audio cables, one for general use, and one just for select Apple products, offer greater convenience than permanently connected Y-cables.
- Inline microphone allows for hands-free iPhone conversation and access to certain voice applications, such as VoiceOver and Voice Control, in other Apple products.
- Inline three-button remote switches between calls and music, and controls volume, track selection and voice applications on select Apple products.
- Advanced ear cushions use new materials in a proprietary design to establish a critical acoustical seal-helping to further reduce noise while providing a comfortable fit.
- Fold-flat earcups rotate 90 degrees for easy storage and portability in the included case.
- Slim carrying case helps protect headphones and accessories during travel.
Apple cable compatibility
The QuietComfort 15 inline remote and microphone cable is compatible with iPod nano (4th, 5th and 6th generation), iPod classic (120GB, 160GB only), iPod touch (2nd, 3rd and 4th generation), iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad and iPad 2, and Macbook (unibody) and Macbook Pro. The remote is supported by iPod shuffle (3rd generation). Audio is supported by all iPod models. Requires latest iPod software.
|Overall headphone dimensions||7.5"H x 6"W x 1.5"D ( 19.1 cm x 15.2 cm x 3.8 cm )|
|Ear cushion outside dimensions||3.8"H x 2.9"W ( 9.6 cm x 7.4 cm )|
|Weight with cables||4.9 oz (140 g)|
What's in the box
- QuietComfort 15 headphones
- QuietComfort 15 inline remote and microphone cable (detachable)
- Standard audio cable (detachable)
- AAA battery
- Carrying case
- Airline adapter
Similar Bose Products to Consider
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Since I'm a tech and music geek, I was longly agonizing about the type of headphones to buy, and the process included extensively researching (including reading Amazon reviews) and making live in-store confrontations when possibilities of choice started to narrow down. With respect of my decision, budget was not a limiting factor, since I was determinated to treat myself with a top-quality product.
Final choice narrowed down to Bose Quiet Comfort 15 and Monster Beats by Dr. Dre. I eventually decided for the first ones, and I bought them while in New York for a business trip about one month ago. Since then, I tested them in different noise conditions, so I feel I can give quite a rounded review. Impressions are written on the basis of their use in combination with a Sony Walkman NWZ-E465 digital player; or airplane internal movie system on a transcontinental flight.
House: When I first experimented them, alone at home, noise reduction was stunning. Turning the noise-canceling switch on, cut away any external noise (air-conditioning humming, fingers snapping in front of my face), music was clear and well rounded.
Traffic: I wore them while walking from home to work in NYC (Fifth Avenue to Madison Avenue) in the morning and afternoon, therefore with significant car-related humming noise. Performance was great, music clear and vibrant, overall a very exciting experience.
Flight: On my way back from NYC to Italy, I wore them and could have a very quiet vision of a movie. Engines' droning was reduced to silence, thus showing this to be the best occasion of use for these headphones. After the movies, I fell asleep over Canada and woke up over Pisa (Italy) with headphones nicely protecting me. Further use in other flights confirmed the very same experience.
In-office use: this is where these headphones tear off a good deal. If your scope is protecting yourself from the voices of your colleagues, forget it. There is a noise reduction, but "noise cancelling" simply will not happen. You can write on the computer's keyboard and not hear any clicking noise (when you have music on); but you will clearly hear conversations if you have no music. Performance against conversations with music on is very ok, but claiming noise canceling without music on is IMHO a marketing myth.
Music: Noise reduction is particularly good in combination with bass-rich music like blues, R&B etc (say Amy Winehouse, Joss Stone and the like). It is perhaps not a case that in-store Bose's simulations are based on this type of music assets (Jason Mraz etc.). Orchestral music is an occasion for quality to get down a bit.
Ear temperature: A big counterindication about these headphones is ears heating. The nature of passive insulation systems is such that headphones are (obviously) banning fresh air together with sound. If you are planning to use them in hot weather (which is my experience of use up to this moment) you will experience discomfort and even, in extreme cases, find hair around your ears wet when taking headphones off. If you are normally in such climatic conditions, it is IMHO better to use a pair of in-ear headphones, which nicely compromise between music quality and comfort.
In summary: a good product, with some notable limitations of use. At 299 USD it is not cheap, and buying should have to be attentively considered in relationship with the personal expected profile of use.
USE UPDATE, DECEMBER 31, 2013
I will write some additional notes after one year and half of use. In my personal experience with this pair of headphones, some limitations in the building materials showed.
First, the metal segment by mean of which headphones are adjusted on the head, loses elasticity with time. This means that after some use, headphones are not anymore strictly placed on the ears, thus resulting in a loss of insulation from external noise.
Second, and more important, the "skin" covering the ear pads, the one which is in direct contact with ears, started to crack first, and then to tear off like it could happen with a pair of cheap headphones whatsoever. I found this particularly annoying, since I was not expecting that from a pair of Bose headphones, whose product communications and brand messaging (not to mention the cost) all speak about a product of excellence.
These considerations somewhat lower my overall assessment of this product, to which I would now give two stars only.
With the Bose headsets, NR means NR, they ain't kidding about when they say NR, absolutely no background noise on the flight. My quick thoughts on this so far:
- You haven't heard true HD sound if you haven't heard it on this headset. And the sound is not like bass or treble heavy, it's just crisp and you can hear every water drop and every single instrument being played. And NR works great both ways on this headset - the surrounding noise is almost cancelled out completely for you when you're using the headsets, and the sound of the sound from the headset doesn't carry out of the headsets either. I can listen to music or movies at a fairly high volume and the person sitting next to me won't hear a thing.
- The leather trim around the headsets makes them extremely comfortable to wear. I wear them on 15-hour flights and don't feel any strain by the end of the flight. My ears or head don't hurt because of the headsets and the plastic strap. They truly are made for comfort.
- It comes with airplane adapter so you can turn it from a single 3.5mm audio cable into one that fits in the airplane sockets. The cable is also detachable completely from the headset, which I actually find very useful when I want to doze off and not be bothered by surrounding noise. You don't realize how effective the headsets are till you take them off and realize how much of background noise they were eliminating!
- The only one downside of this headset is that it runs on a AAA battery. So I always need to make sure I have fully charged batteries with me at all times. I carry rechargeable batteries (Sanyo Eneloop are the BEST) with a charger. So if I do run out of battery, I can always charge it on the flight itself. ON a full charge of the Eneloop AAA, I am yet to run out of battery on a 15-hour flight.
Yes, these headsets aren't cheap but they are worth every penny. Bose puts so much research and effort into developing their products, I have absolutely no reason to complain!
Most recent customer reviews
They're still kicking, I use them everyday.
I've replaced the cable twice with options that are available cheaply online, an also...Read more