- Auxillary Port
- iPod Charging
- Ramping Volume
- Playlist Navigation
Bose SoundDock Series II 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock (Silver)
- Proprietary Bose technology livens up your kitchen, bedroom or living room with quality sound.
- Updated with new, sleeker styling.
- Works with many iPhone and iPod models. Requires an Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter for use with iPhone 5 and other iPod and iPhone models with an Apple Lightning connector.
- Remote operates SoundDock system functions and iPod playlist navigation.
- Auxiliary input lets you play an additional sound source, such as a portable DVD, CD or other MP3 player.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Bose® SoundDock Series II Digital Music System for iPod - Silver
Classic Bose Performance with a Sleek New Look
Dedication to research and excellence: It's been the Bose approach to better sound since Dr. Amar G. Bose founded the company in 1964. Ever since then, Bose engineers have focused on creating better technology. You'll find that focus exemplified in the SoundDock Series II digital music system, with advances that ensure premium performance and convenience.
The SoundDock Series II digital music system inherits all the award-winning traits of its predecessor, plus sleeker styling and additional features. If you want a proven performer for at-home iPod listening, the classic speaker system for iPod now has even more to offer.
Just slip your iPod or iPhone into the iPod docking station and bring your favorite songs to life. Hear subtleties you may never have noticed from tunes you thought you knew by heart. Bose proprietary acoustic design delivers performance greater than you'd expect from a speaker system for iPod this small.
Proven Performer for At-Home iPod Listening
Enjoy Added Versatility
The iPod charges as it plays, so you can enjoy your music without interruption. The improved remote control operates system power and volume, and now lets you navigate tunes within your iPod playlists. There's also an auxiliary jack for bringing Bose sound to your DVD/CD player, MP3 players, or other portable devices.
The system's classic, sophisticated look hasn't gone away--just softened with smoother lines and a sleeker profile. It fits in beautifully just about anywhere in your home.
The SoundDock Series II digital music system. A fresh look for a classic performer. Only from Bose.
The SoundDock Series II digital music system is Apple-certified and compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and any iPod featuring a click wheel, including all nano, mini, photo, video, and classic models.
- Remote control handles power, volume, track seek, and iPod playlist navigation from almost anywhere in the room.
- Auxiliary input lets you play other audio sources such as a portable DVD player, CD player, or other MP3 player.
- Proprietary acoustic design provides efficient, high-quality audio reproduction from a very small system.
- iPod charger charges docked iPod/iPhone whenever system is plugged in, even while playing.
- Volume control buttons located directly on system for when remote control is not readily available.
- Bose digital signal processing circuitry enables finer control over the sound for more consistent, lifelike music reproduction even at low volume levels.
- Works with many iPhone and iPod models. It requires an Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter for use with iPhone 5 and other iPod and iPhone models with an Apple Lightning connector.
|Product Dimensions:||6.5 x 11.9 x 6.6 inches ; 4.7 pounds|
|Shipping Weight:||7.8 pounds|
What's in the box
- SoundDock® Series II digital music system
- Power cord
- Power supply
- Remote control
SoundDock Series II Digital Music System Accessories
Similar Bose Products to Consider
Top Customer Reviews
I read some reviews online written by "audiophiles" and supposed "sound experts" bashing Bose for selling overpriced and underpowered equipment. These people just don't get it. I won't go on to bore you in detail about the ridiculous things that were said but I will mention that these people are comparing the SoundDock to a home stereo setup that entails having a receiver with two separate wired speakers. Is this a fair comparison? I beg to differ.
To summarize this product it's a compact unit you can have in virtually any room in the house minus a bathroom (for safety purposes) and its sound can be described as warm and beautiful with deep enough bass to make your sound come alive but not wake the neighbors. Clear, never distorted at any volume. You get what you pay for.
The volume goes louder than I expected and I never have turned it up all the way, even when the kids are playing their IPODs.
There are a few things they could have improved......The power cord has the transformer built into the middle of the cord, it should have been built into the unit. The power cord plugs straight into the back of the SoundDock with a small round plug and it will come out easily if the unit is moved. The docking station is a seperate piece that is attached and it moves around a little which makes it feel loose. There isn't an on/off switch on the unit, just the remote, so you have to turn the IPOD off or use the remote to turn them both off, or just pull the IPOD out. My SoundDock was missing one of the stick on rubber feet on the bottom. I called Bose support and they mailed me one free.
Overall it's a great quality unit where it counts but Bose cut corners where they could on the rest of it.
We do love it and use it almost everyday.
It comes with an auxiliary input for other audio devices, a DC power adapter and a remote control. The remote controls the system and the basic iPod/iPhone functions. You can even skip between playlists to get to the music you want to hear. One drawback is that my iPhone will not dock with the Bose unit with its protective carrying case on. This is an annoyance as it is a pain to take my iPhone out of the case every time but then I always get a smile on my face as the sound it worth it.
This unit is sleek looking with outstanding sound quality and people will just gasp when they hear the quality of the music coming out of this system. I highly recommend it to you as a good piece of entertainment equipment.
I have attached a photo of the unit so you can get a feel for the size of the system.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I really wanted to love this product, and I did, as long as it worked, which turned out to be less than one year, after which the connector was worn away from normal docking. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Philip I.
Bought for daughter who loves it. She lives in an apt in NY with two other people including a cellist, and they consider the sound quality wonderful. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Review Maven
since this item was used, I wasn't sure what to expect; but it was as advertised...in perfect condition. the only negative was there was no instruction sheet for the remote. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Amazon Customer
Sounds great! Looks great!
- Adapter is a little difficult to plug into phone or iPad
- Power plug easily falls our of back of unit.. Read more
Sound quality is good, however after only a few months of use the connection to iphone has damaged the phone input making it no longer able to charge or connect, resulting in... Read morePublished 27 days ago by Kenneth I.
Awesome sound. I have this in my great room and love listening to music with it.Published 28 days ago by RMS