Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Bose SoundSport Free Truly Wireless Sport Headphon..." and save 23% off the $249.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Bose SoundSport Free Truly Wireless Sport Headphones - Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Truly wireless sport headphones for total freedom of movement, packed full of technology that makes music sound clear and powerful
- Earbuds are sweat and weather resistant (with an IPX4 rating) and come with 3 different pairs of StayHear+ Sport tips (in sizes S/M/L) that provide a comfortable and secure fit
- Up to 5 hours of play time with each charge and an additional 10 hours with the included charging case
- Track lost earbuds with the Bose Connect App's "Find My Buds" feature
- Firmware update to improve audio video synchronization for customers using iPhones, iPads and other Bluetooth devices that support AVDTP version 1.3 or later, available via Connect app or btu.bose.com
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
SoundSport Free wireless headphones
No wires. No stopping you.
Meet SoundSport Free headphones, the first truly wireless in-ear headphones from Bose, made for the toughest workouts. They are engineered to deliver clear, powerful sound with nothing—not even a single wire—in your way. So you can run, jump, dance, lift, twist, turn and achieve your personal best every time you use them.
Secure and comfortable fit.
StayHear+ Sport tips provide a secure and comfortable fit, so your headphones won’t fall out when you put your body to the test.
Don’t sweat your sweat (or the rain).
Sweat-and-weather resistant earbuds (with an IPX4 rating) are made with water-repellent mesh to make sure you can push your workout to its max without sacrificing performance.
Sound that’s as powerful as your workout.
Custom digital signal processing and a proprietary acoustic design deliver sound—free of pops, cracks and hisses—that brings your music to life.
Calls, commands and easy control.
Take a call, play or pause tracks, change the volume or access your phone’s Siri or your Google Assistant right from the earbud.
Track lost earbuds and more.
Worried about losing an earbud? Don’t be. The Bose Connect app has a “Find My Buds” feature that tracks when and where your headphones were last connected to your phone. Still having trouble finding your earbuds? Don’t worry, an audio signal from the headphones can alert you to their location. Plus, you can manage all your Bluetooth connections, switch between devices, personalize settings and receive software updates.
Much more than a case.
This charging case protects and recharges your earbuds while you recover from your workout. It’s magnetized, so it keeps them in place while they charge. It also provides two additional full charges—or up to 10 hours of battery life. So when you’re ready to go, your headphones are, too.
No wires mean no limits. And Bose sound sport free headphones are completely wireless, so you can enjoy total freedom of movement with nothing-not even a single cord-in your way. The acoustic package is designed to deliver sound so clear and powerful it will motivate you to go faster, lift heavier and train longer. Bluetooth technology transmits music from your phone to the headphones, so music plays reliably and consistently whether your phone is in your nearby gym bag, pocket or strapped to your arm. Worried your earbuds will fall out during your workout? don't be. Stay hear+ sport tips are built to stay comfortably in place, even when you're training hard. And if you can't find an earbud, all hope is not lost. You can track down lost earbuds using the Bose connect app's “find my buds” feature. It shows when and where the earbuds were last connected to your phone. Still having trouble finding your earbuds? don't worry, an audio signal from the headphones can Alert you to their location. Don't sweat your sweat (or the weather) either, because water-repellent materials Inside the earbuds help keep moisture out. Off a single charge, the earbuds play for up to five hours, and the fully charged case gives you an additional 10 hours of music, ready to play when you are. When not in use, the charging case is designed with built-in magnets to keep the earbuds securely in place. Play or pause tracks and access your phone's Siri or your Google assistant right from the earbud. You can even take phone calls, through the right earbud only.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
2. Connectivity: This is the most significant issue now. It occasionally drops the connectivity between the left and right earbuds without apparent reason. This is extremely annoying as you imagine. It does not matter how good the sound quality is if you cannot reliably listen to music. I am continually monitoring this issue, and if they cannot fix it within the next 30 days, I have no choice but return this earphone.
3. Battery charging: It has been a couple of weeks since I first used this earphone. Besides the major issue of dropping the connectivity between the left and right earbuds, I noticed another issue regarding charging. I found that occasionally even though you leave both not-fully-charged-earbuds in the case that supposedly charges your Bose earbuds, it actually does not. Even after sufficient time (several hours), your earbud remains not fully charged. For example, today after I came to work, I found that my earbuds' battery remaining was 80%. I put it in the charging case (fully charged; 5 lights on) hoping that by the time I need them again for going home, it would be fully charged. It turned out they were not. When I put on the right earbud, the voice prompt told me that the battery is still 80%. Again, I left those earbuds for plenty of time (7+ hours). And I am telling you today was not the only incidence of charging failure I had during the past two weeks. Until today, I was not sure what is exactly going on, but today I am certain that this earphone has a major charging issue as of now. Please let me know any of you have also experienced this problem.
Left ear sound cutout--this happens when there is electronic interference; walls/floors with certain materials in between you and the bluetooth source; too much distance between you and the bluetooth source; or sometimes outside when there is not sufficient reflecting surfaces to bounce the bluetooth signal back to the earbuds. I tested the SSF against the AirPods and X3's in identical and varied conditions. The SSF perform the same as the AirPods. The X3's are worse. ALL bluetooth earbuds will cutout under certain conditions. The SSF's are no worse than the others. I am OK with this cutout issue given my use cases and am used to it from the other
Video Syncing--This is only an issue for me viewing Youtube on an iPhone 7+ or iPhone X. Other video sources do not have a syncing issue.
AirPods are better with the syncing. This is not an issue for me.
Noise Cancelling--As far as I am aware there are NO noise cancelling bluetooth earbuds. To do proper noise cancelling you need a signal processing module that in the QC20's is in the external controller and in the QC 25's is in the ear cans. There are bluetooth noise cancelling cans but I haven't found any that both have good noise cancelling and excellent music quality. For example, the Bose bluetooth QC35 music quality is inferior to the wired QC25's and the Sennheiser Momentum's have good music quality but inferior noise cancelling.
Size, Fit, Comfort and Look --- much better and secure fit for me than the AirPods which fall out from my ears and are worthless for working out. My QC20's are slightly more comfortable for extended use. X3's and AirPods are also more comfortable for extended use but only slightly. As to the size and look this is not that important to me. I think they look cool and better than AirPods but this is a very subjective point.
Phone call quality and phone only through right earbud--I find the call quality, both microphone and listening to be better than the AirPods and I use the SSF's for an hour or so of calls per day. As to not having calls out of both buds, I normally just use 1 AirPod at a time when on calls as I find this to be better for mental processing. Same with the SSF's but you are limited to right as opposed to right or left. I like to switch between ears so this is a slight negative.
Music Quality--Far superior to any other bluetooth earbuds, rival my wired QC20 wired buds and are better than my QC25 cans. I listen exclusively via Spotify with songs that have been downloaded to my phone at the extreme highest bitrates. This why I use earphones and I just cannot tolerate poor music quality for an extended period of time. The SSF's are great for this reason and why they get 4 stars. Nothing else compares in a wireless bud form.
11/14 Updated to 2 stars:--the bluetooth connectivity issue (i.e. frequent cutting out in left earbud) has become more bothersome. Called Bose product support. they said that their engineers are working on a fix for this and the video sync issue (which I can live with). However, they were unable to extend my 30 day free return period until the fix is delivered. Therefore am returning buds to Amazon today. I would recommend that new purchasers wait until this fix is out since we don't know if the fix will be able to be applied to the first generation hardware which is now being sold, or if a hardware modification is required.