Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Bose SoundSport Pulse Wireless Headphones, Power R..." and save 15% off the $199.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Bose SoundSport Pulse Wireless Headphones, Power Red (With Heartrate Monitor)
- Built-in heart rate sensor makes it easy to track your performance
- Bluetooth and NFC pairing so you can connect to your devices wirelessly
- StayHear+ Pulse tips provide a secure and stable fit for your most intense workouts
- The Bose Connect app gives you real-time heart rate readings, and continually adds more functionality to your headphones
- Works with popular fitness apps like MapMyRun, RunKeeper, Endomondo and Runtastic
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
SOUNDSPORT PULSE WIRELESS HEADPHONES
ADD A PULSE TO YOUR WORKOUTS
Bose obsessively engineered these sweat- and weather-resistant headphones to include exercise-friendly features you need most: The heart rate sensor tracks your pulse. StayHear+ Pulse tips are designed to stay in place, even during intense workouts. All with powerful Bose sound.
STAYHEAR+ PULSE TIPS
Provide a secure, stable fit so you can focus on your workout, not adjusting your earbuds.
SWEAT- AND WEATHER-RESISTANT DESIGN
In the gym or the rain, sound keeps going, even during rigorous activity. Hydrophobic cloth keeps moisture out.
HEART RATE SENSOR
Built-in sensor makes it easy to track your performance using your favorite fitness apps.
INLINE MIC AND REMOTE
Easily control volume, skip tracks and take calls, without stopping your workout.
A better app makes the difference.
We designed our free Bose Connect app to make it easier than ever to connect and switch between devices. An intuitive interface and product tips let you personalize your settings, so you can power your workout quickly and easy.
Meet your new workout partner.
In the box
Push your workout to the next level with Bose Sound Sport Pulse wireless headphones. Designed with a built-in heart rate monitor with PerformTek sensor technology, these in-ear headphones let you track your performance without missing a beat of the music that motivates you. And while you're on the move, the StayHear+ Pulse tips stay put. They offer an unmatched combination of comfort and stability, and they create a gentle seal, which improves the audio performance of your workout soundtrack. Connect to your device easily with Bluetooth and NFC pairing, and use the inline mic and remote to control volume, skip tracks and take calls. Volume-optimized EQ gives you balanced audio performance at any volume. Sound Sport Pulse wireless headphones are sweat and weather resistant to hold up to rigorous activity. So go ahead-work up a sweat or run through the rain. These ear buds feature a hydrophobic cloth that resists moisture. The lithium-ion battery provides up to 5 hours per charge, so Sound Sport Pulse will stay with you through the marathon training runs or long hours at the gym. The Bose Connect app helps you manage your paired devices and gives you real-time heart rate readings. Sound Sport Pulse wireless headphones also can be used with many popular fitness apps. Available in Power Red. Included: Sound Sport Pulse wireless headphones; 3 sizes of StayHear+ Pulse tips; USB charging cable; carry case.
Top customer reviews
The app is nice and works perfectly. Also, I use Runkeeper and now I get heart rate data in that app. The sound is amazing just like all Bose products.
I have Bose noise canceling headphones, a mini wireless speaker, and a Bose system in my car.
- Bose: 10 of 10. Absolutely astounding sound quality. Simply the best I have ever heard at any price, wired or wireless, period.
- Jaybird: 8 of 10. Solid sounds, fine for podcasts or casual music listening. Bass response is nowhere close to Bose, but with some equalizer settings on your device you can come closer. Competitive with most other nice earbuds I have tried.
- Bose: 7 of 10. Surprisingly good fit considering how HUGE the buds are. Seriously, these things are big. They apparently house the battery and electronics that power these (since they are wireless). But for their size, they fit fine with the included inner-ear pieces (several sizes included).
- Jaybird: 9 of 10. Excellent fit. Tiny compared to the Bose product. These also include many options for earbud size and inner ear inserts that hold them in place, but they remain comfortable after several hours of constant use while running.
- Bose: 9 of 10. These have the charging port directly in one of the earbuds, which works well. You can download the Bose app, and amazingly you can even read your pulse from the buds! This is a fun and useful feature for various types of training.
- Jaybird: 7 of 10. Has a separate little "mini" dock needed for charging. You can download an app for the device to adjust the sound and perform a few other "minor" functions, but I wound up deleting the app and just connecting normally via Bluetooth.
So do I have a favorite? For daily exercise use I am gravitating to the Jaybird mostly because I prefer the fit and just do not care for the giant bud size on the Bose. But for travelling or listening when I'm not active, the Bose wins out with superior sound.
In summary, the Bose is a great product - recommended!
Well, first, I cannot believe there are so many raving reviews claiming these headphones to be the "best I have ever heard at any price, wired or wireless, period". Um. Ignore Vine reviews. And then one-star reviews complaining about defective units -- well, every electronics is prone to defective units, and Bose has some of the best warranty policies, so please.
So you're thinking about wireless in-ear headphones. As of 2017, your two best options are Bose Soundsport Wireless and Jaybird X3. Here's how they compare:
SOUND (Bose: 8/10)
-- Very good and fun sound. Warm and slightly bass-heavy, although the lowest bass rumbles as well as harsh trebles are cut off (like most bluetooth headphones). I wish mids had more clarity, but I'm nit-picking here. These aren't replacing my wired headphones, but if I'm traveling, I can definitely enjoy music with these.
-- Jaybird X3 (7/10): These are slightly brighter-sounding headphones, with less bass impact but clearer mids and trebles. Still pretty good. These are closer to neutral, but high trebles are still rolled off. So it's up to personal preferences. I also think it depends on your ear fit, and if you can get a better seal than I did, then your experiences may vary (bass is the first thing to go with a poor seal).
COMFORT (Bose: 10/10)
-- I generally don't like to give perfect score to anything, but Bose really deserves a perfect ten here. This is the selling point of Bose. Despite the ugly bulky looks, the headphones are incredibly comfortable, and wires don't distract.
-- Jaybird X3 (8/10): These have average comfort, like most other in-ear headphones. Wings help a bit. Wires are heavy and tug on the ear pieces when I move around a lot. Overall, significantly less comfortable than Bose.
PRICE (Bose: $149)
-- Bose is pricey. They're known to be pricey/over-priced, and discounts are hard to find.
-- Jaybird X3 ($99). These are definitely a great deal, and you can often find cheaper deals.
-- Bose remote buttons feel weird to press. Buttons are big, not very clicky, and generally unpleasant to work with. Jaybirds feel better.
-- Battery life is fairly advertised at 6 hours. I get around 7 hours. I wish it lasted longer. Jaybirds are advertised at 8 hours but I get around 7, same as Bose.
-- Bose looks ugly, if you care about these things. Jaybirds look nicer. I personally don't care.
-- Bose provides a more useful case. Jaybird case's opening is too small and frustrating to use on the daily basis.
Overall, Bose Soundsport Wireless is extremely comfortable and sounds great. I wish the battery lasted longer, but I don't think any competition (as of 2017) provides a significantly better battery life, yet. Until then, Bose is still the bluetooth in-ear headphones to beat.