Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 135 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 300 reviews
on June 12, 2014
I bought this because my area gets really poor FM reception. There is a large selection of Stations thru wi fi and this does it nicely. Add to that streaming your I Tunes library and airplay you have plenty of choices. The only negative is Pandora is only music service available but airplayhelps close the gap. I wish ItTunes radio could AirPlay.
As I said in headline tis is the best sound I have ever heard from a table "radio". Pricey but I believe you get what you pay for.
I followed their set up and had no problems. USB is only used to get you onto your network .
Air playing iTunes Radio does work if you open I Tunes radio on your mac then select airplay to the sound touch. It would be nicer if you could do this from the iPad app.
Using several weeks and the Soundtouch drops wifi connection every so often. This might be a software issue. I use Asus modem latest model. This problem is annoying.
on October 22, 2015
works great with apple products not androids. WiFi is choppy and weak. for the price its not worth it. Changing it again. Cause it software gets worse and worse. Don't know if I can even warranty this 600 dollar brick.

should have believed the users that have connection issues even when its wired its horrible.

but each series seems to have the same issue. connectivity is bad. why pay top dollar for a lemon. its like buying a bmw that cant pair bluetooth phones. when a scion can pair and stream flawlessly.
on January 2, 2014
I bought the Bose Soundtouch 30 as I wanted to play my primary collection on iTunes in rooms of my house other than where the computer is placed. I had to think long and hard whether I wanted to go with Bose or Sonos - I eventually decided to go with Bose because I didn't want to use another program to "manage" my music selection outside of iTunes or have to go through another app to play the music. Rather going through iTunes via airplay was a big selling point for me towards choosing Bose. Setup was quite easy and sound quality as always is excellent with Bose (this as you can tell is not my first Bose system). I liked the system so much that I bought another one - Soundtouch 20 for a separate room. I have other airplay systems too (Pioneer) in the rest of my house primarily as a cost effective solution for having music in each room of the house. I am giving Soundtouch 4 stars as I believe there is still room for improvement - more music and internet station choices, more preset buttons (this will be really great as the preset idea is excellent), better app, local (FM etc.) music availability are areas in which Bose can improve this product so that Soundtouch becomes a holistic music solution for the home. Since this is the first stage of the lifecycle for this product, I believe some of the features I mentioned will be further enhanced and I am awaiting enhancements in 2014 as promised by Bose. All in all, this is a great system, with excellent sound and I expect more enhancements in the years to come.
on November 16, 2014
I have always been very pleased with Bose products in general. I really like my Bose companion 5 which I bough for my computer and now connected with my flat TV. I cannot travel without my Bose Quiet Comfort 15, so I decided to purchase the new Bose SoundTouch and try it at home. I love it. The sound is clear and music is perfectly amplified by this new music system. I decided to buy a second one so I connected them under the same wifi network. In this way I can listen the same song in 4 rooms (kitchen, dining room, bed room and bathroom) at the same time, or play different songs from each device. I've also connected my favorite Spotify playlist to the Bose SoundTouch so I can launch it without using my iPhone. I strongly recommend this item !
on January 16, 2014
We mostly listen to music off our main computer in the living room, using iTunes and Pandora. We were tired of playing music loud enough to hear in the other parts of the house like the kitchen and dining room, so we decided to give this a shot. We are so happy with our decision for several reasons. Obviously its nice to have a direct music feed in those other rooms, it sounds much better, especially with the clarity and balance that you would expect from a Bose product.

I think what really sets this device apart though is the fact that you don't need to run the music from another device like a computer or tablet - thats huge! You can control it with your phone or computer, but when you're ready to turn off the computer or put the phone away, you can...no need to drain the battery or suck up unnecessary energy. The controls on the sound touch are very simple and the app and internet radio stations they offer are very good too. It was expensive and sometimes I wish they had a few more preset buttons, but other than that, I highly recommend it.
on March 24, 2014
This is top of the line in Bose Sound Touch. It has much deeper bass than the Bose Wave Radios, but both sound very good. Neither make you run screaming from the room in pain. Its required configuration app is easy to use ands the install parallels that of my Apple products - it is easy. Well, why did I give it only 4 stars? The display on the front of unit is too small to read unless you are six feet or less from the unit; There are only six presets, plus Apple's AirPlay; To access music on iTunes or a PC requires the use of one preset AND you must leave the computer on so that the Sound Touch unit can access your selected music playlist; When I am done with the computer, I turn it off. Now, I do have a few friends who leave theirs on all of the time. Also, you must set up a playlist of songs that the Sound Touch unit will use. While this could be your entire library, you are unable to pick the ones you want unless you want to constantly skip ahead or back - not my idea of a fun time. I use the other five presets for Pandora and other internet stations for example. I have whole house wifi, which this unit uses. My wifi is through an Apple Airport Extreme with a Cisco Docsis 3.0 router, which conforms to a higher speed. I like the AirPlay - but I have an iPad. I can keep it at arm's reach and select what I what to hear. None of the presets are used, as AirPlay overrides everything. I am unaware of any PC version of AirPlay, but then I try to avoid anything PC related. I like the Sound Touch 30, but do not use it that much. I have two Bose Companion 5 systems for the two Apple computers. These speakers (two satellites and a sub) easily equal or surpass the performance and sound quality of the Sound Touch 30, but the computer must be on, which of course it is, as I am sitting in front of it listening to the music. Also, I have two Apple TVs which will access music and video. So, I can also listen to music from them or steam my iTunes through them to one of the TVs and then through their speakers.

The remote is easy to use with soft buttons that actually provide a tactile feel. It has good range. While there are presets on the Sound Touch 30 also, if you are in front of the unit, I always use the remote. If the price is not too off putting this is an excellent and easy to use unit that sounds quite good.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 10, 2014
It's Saturday night and I am opening up my new toy - BUT the software setup simply does not work and I will have to wait until Monday to call a tech. Truly unacceptable in this day and age; especially for this amount of money. My critique is not unique out there - lots of complaints about the software setup.
on August 15, 2014
Just a quick review: I ordered the portable and received it yesterday. I had no problem setting through the wired setup process beyond it taking a while to update (around 15 minutes). All of the presets are working very well. Things actually seem pretty great. I am running the system off of my MacBook Pro, and it should be stated that the laptop has to be open for the portable to access my iTunes library. I would very much like to see a deal made with Spotify in the future, but this is a great little system for everything that I am going to use it for.
on March 20, 2015
Love the sound. This is my first Bose music system. Can't believe this small box can produce such great sound. I listen to classical music radio and my children saved a "Disney Frozen" theme radio station through Pandora. We all enjoy it a lot.
on January 1, 2014
BOSE never fails to satisfy me and make me very happy. I was hesitant to buy this Speaker system because of the price tag but... I am more than happy and completely satisfied with its performance. Let me tell you that the sound coming from this system is incredible!!. Powerfull, crisp, detailed and full of harmony!!. You can't be wrong with this speaker. If you can...... buy it. You will be as happy as I am right now. Thanks again BOSE.!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.