Bose SoundTrue Headphones Around-Ear Style, Mint
- Full and natural sound for all your music
- Softly padded headband and memory foam cushions
- Also available in an on-ear style
- SoundTrue headphones come with a carrying case that’s as rugged as it is stylish.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
SoundTrue headphones – Around-ear style – Mint
Fresh Designs to Fit Your Style
SoundTrue headphones are designed with you in mind. They’re engineered to make all your music sound better, delivering deep, clear audio for all your favorites. They’re so lightweight and comfortable, you might forget you’re wearing them. But they’re heavy-duty, too, built to survive your busy life. They’re available in an array of fresh new designs. So choose your color … and show your style.
You can choose from four colors of SoundTrue around-ear heapdhones: Black, White, Mint and Black/Mint.
SoundTrue around-ear headphones feature soft earcups that rest gently on your ears for hours of comfortable listening.
SoundTrue headphones come with a carrying case that’s as rugged as it is stylish.
You always look sharp. With fresh designs and bright colors, SoundTouch headphones are a perfect fit.
Powerful Sound, Lightweight Design
SoundTrue headphones feature an advanced acoustic design for clear, natural audio across the full spectrum—from vocalists who hit the high note, right down to a good bass line groove. Go ahead, lose yourself in music. A softly padded headband and memory foam ear cushions stay comfortable no matter how long your playlist is.
Convenience and Durability
More than a statement in style, SoundTrue headphones are designed to provide lasting quality. The audio cable attaches to a single earcup for greater freedom of movement and less tangling. It also detaches for convenient storage. The earcups conveniently fold flat and the headband is collapsible. And the included carrying case makes for easy transport while displaying your design choice.
In Tune and In Touch
SoundTrue headphones are designed specifically for use with your iPhone and other Apple products. The integrated inline remote, located on the back of the microphone, lets you control music functions—adjust volume, play/pause tracks, skip tracks forward/backward, fast forward/rewind and change playlists. You can also switch between calls and music with one-touch ease—all without reaching for your device. See which features are compatible with today’s most popular phones. Controls volume, track selection and voice applications on select Apple® products, and switches between calls and music. Select features also compatible with many popular smartphones." This item can be used on other smartphones as well.
What's in the Box
Top Customer Reviews
WEIGHT: Really lightweight. They are much much lighter than most of my other headphones. This means they are comfortable on your head for many hours, and don't add much weight to your bag when you're carrying them around. Cannot overemphasize how comfortable they are.
SOUND: Very full and rich sound. They are not officially "noise blocking" but the earcups are very solidly built and I can barely hear any ambient sound when they're on. They might not be as nuanced as some $300+ headphones but they are absolutely great.
COMFORT: Ear cup material is very soft and comfortable. They don't press into the side of your head, nor do they slip around. I cannot believe how comfortable they are.
USABILITY: I'm always forgetting to charge my noise-cancelling headphones and never seem to have enough batteries. It's such a pain to have one more thing to charge and maintain, and these do not require anything of the sort. You never have to wonder if your headphones will die in the middle of a flight or during a workday.
All in all: there are higher-end headphones out there, so if you're a huge audiophile geek, you might want to look around a bit. While I'm not an audiophile, I am very particular about sound and ambient noise, and these absolutely fit the bill. They are the most comfortable headphones I own and are -- HANDS DOWN -- my new favorites.
These would also make a great gift!
In the box you will find the SoundTrue headphones, a carrying case and the cord to connect the headphones to a device. I like that the cord can be completely removed from the headphones which makes the cord easy to replace. The carrying case is different than that for the Bose QuietComfort headphones in that it is rectangular and not as rigid.
The headphones are very subdued. Mine had a matte black finish. The Bose logo is also in black and barely noticeable.
Bose excels at making comfortable headphones to wear and these are no exception. The cushions on the headband and earcups are soft and comfortable. My Audio-Technica ATH-M50 feel tight on my head, but the Bose SoundTrue headphones are not. The earcups rotate and the length of the headband is adjustable, allowing the user to get a good fit. The SoundTrue headphones are extremely lightweight. So much so that I forget that they are on my head. I could easily wear these headphones all day.
I evaluated the SoundTrue headphones using my iPod, an Android phone and two computers, none of which were attached to an external amplifier.
The first time that I put on the SoundTrue headphones, I felt that they had a very flat, uninspired response. I normally use as pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50 which have a richer response. But, as I listened to a range of music including classical, pop, rock, ambient and dub step, I realized that I was hearing components of the music that I have never heard before with any of my headphones including my Bose AE2 headphones. The clarity of the music was astonishing. It is not a rich sound, but it is very clear. What I was hearing was surprising and I kept lifting the headphones off of my ears because I wanted to make certain I wasn't hearing environmental noises.
For example, when listening to Why So Serious? on the Dark Knight soundtrack, I was surprised by how much low frequency rumbling I was hearing. I had never heard this part of the song before. The guitar played in Sueño Con Mexico by Pat Metheny was amazing and I heard every note played and the fingers moving on strings.
The wide range of sounds produced by the headphones is also amazing. I listened to the new Lindsey Stirling album, Shatter Me and I found that the violin was sharp as were the sub bass components.
However, if you are looking for muddy, booming base then these are not the headphones for you. The flat response means that the low frequencies are not emphasized. Instead what you get is a very accurate reproduction of the music. Nor are these studio headphones. There is still some enhancing done by the headphones.
The controls and microphone are for use with Apple devices. I could use the controls to pause and start the music on my Android device, but that was the only functionality available.
Overall, these are amazing headphones. Music is reproduced with such clarity that I hear components to songs that I never knew were there. The sound reproduction and the comfort make this a recommended pair of headphones.
These headphones are:
1. Extremely light weight. Light enough to put in a purse, book-bag or briefcase, etc. without weighing you down.
2. Comfortable. The ear-covers and headband are padded and extremely comfortable when worn. They block out most if not all of the outside noise. Your ears are completely covered and the sound is crystal clear. **While the ears of the set remain secure or in place, I did notice that the headphone would fall down occasionally. To correct this, I would suggest that you adjust the headphones tighter than you normally would, especially if you have thick hair and this seems to correct the problem.
3. Functional. There is a long cord that attaches from your device to the headset. The long cord gives you some flexibility and mobility. But caution, you may want to secure some of the cord if you are using an armband type holder for your device. Otherwise the cord might get stuck on stuff while you are using it. You can operate various functions (volume, etc) from the back of the microphone. It is located on the cord near your mouth. However, I do wish that the microphone with the function button was lower on the cord, or could be adjusted because while it is comfortable when using the microphone, it isn't when you adjust the sound. If it was further down, you could adjust the sound easier and see the buttons clearly.
4. Can be used with multiple devices. I use mine with my IPOD, IPAD, computer and Android phone (Nexus 4, Google Phone).
5. Enclosed in a convenient carrying case. It fits well in most bags or luggage. They are easy to pack up and travel with.
6. Sound quality. While not bass heavy at all, I think these are perfect for all kinds of music. My playlist includes music from artists like Mree, Daley, Jhene Aiko, The Weekend, Diana Krall, Young Summer and Cary Brothers...and the sound is great. These headphones have a nice, kind of surround sound quality. These definitely complement all music types. But if you want deep bass, I wouldn't recommend these. But if you want clear sound, these are the headphones for you.
7. Kind of Expensive. These headphones cost about $180. And while that price is comparable to others (i.e., The V-Modas are around $200 and the Beats can range from $200 to $300.) on the market, are you getting the same features for the price? Probably. However, if you are a DJ or money is no object, you may not blink at the price, hence viewing it as an investment. But for the average consumer, you have to consider the features and decide if they are worth the money. So if you aren't looking for bass heavy or exaggerated sound, and you like the fact that these completely cover the entire ear, these are the perfect headphones for you. I give them 4 stars.