- Purchase two qualifying Bose SoundTouch products and receive 10% off the second product of equal or lesser value. Add both to cart and proceed to checkout to view discount. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Bose Wave SoundTouch Music System IV - Platinum Silver
- Enjoy all your music easily: Prime Music, online music services, Internet radio, your stored music library, CDs and AM/FM radio
- Exclusive Bose waveguide speaker technology delivers lifelike, room-filling sound
- Works with your home Wi-Fi network and Bluetooth devices so you can play almost anything you can imagine.
- Part of an entire family of Bose wireless products. Power supply: 120V 50/60Hz 60W max
- Kindly download the latest version of the SoundTouch application to access to a greater number of internet radio stations and streaming music
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
In the box
- Wave SoundTouch music system IV
- AC power cord
- Remote control
- Owner's guide
Legendary performance. Fresh design.
You might listen to CDs and local radio. But more and more, you're tuning in to all the other music out there. Thousands of Internet radio stations. Music services like Pandora and Spotify. Here's the system that plays it all. The Wave SoundTouch music system connects to your home Wi-Fi network so you have everything you need. And it can be part of a complete family of wireless products that work together to play music throughout your home- the same music in every room, or different music in different rooms. All delivered with the rich, room-filling sound of Bose. And now it has a fresh, updated design- with Bluetooth built in - so you can stream music from your smartphone and tablet, too.
- Wireless connection via your home Wi-Fi; Bluetooth also built in
- High-performance sound from waveguide speaker technology
- Six station presets on the unit itself and on the remote let you access your favorite music at the touch of a button.
- Powerful SoundTouch app for your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Add more SoundTouch systems at any time for a multi-room listening experience.
Expand your musical universe
Tap into millions of songs from Internet radio, popular music services like Spotify and Pandora, plus your own music library, wirelessly.
Music throughout your home
Each SoundTouch product is part of a whole family of wireless speakers and systems that work together so you can easily enjoy your music in other rooms as well, even outdoors. Just add them as you need them.
Bose technology difference
You'll enjoy your favorite music in a whole new way, thanks to Bose exclusive waveguide speaker technology. The audio performance- from prominent lows to crystal-clear highs- is something you just don't expect from a speaker this size.
App unlocks the door
Transform your tablet or smartphone into a powerful remote that lets you explore, organize and control your music. And keep your favorite stations, playlists, or albums always on standby with six presets.
Wake up to convenience
A snooze control easy enough to trigger in your sleep- just tap the top of the system. Dual independent alarms let early birds rise without having to reset the wakeup time for a late-sleeping partner. Nice. And practical.
Easy to use
A slim infrared remote includes six presets for instant access of any combination of your favorite AM/FM or SoundTouch selections. Also controls power, volume, track selection, alarm functions, and more.
|Wave SoundTouch music system IV||Wave music system IV||Wave radio IV|
|Streaming music via home Wi-Fi network plus Bluetooth||CDs, AM/FM||AM/FM radio|
|CDs, AM/FM||Rich, room-filling sound||Rich, room-filling sound|
|Rich, room-filling sound||Dual alarms||Dual alarms|
|Dual alarms||Informational display||Informational display|
|Compatible with the entire SoundTouch family of wireless speakers|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$25.95||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Electronics Toners Languages et al||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||Platinum Silver||Espresso Black||White||Black||White||Black|
|Item Dimensions||14.49 x 8.7 x 19.29 in||12.75 x 6.97 x 19.02 in||14.6 x 9.9 x 6.5 in||15.75 x 5.3 x 7.1 in||14.6 x 9.25 x 4.3 in||11.88 x 11 x 5.62 in|
There's a world of music out there. The Bose Wave SoundTouch music system lets you easily enjoy all of it. It works with your home Wi-Fi network and Bluetooth devices so you can play almost anything you can imagine. Use it to stream millions of songs from music services like Spotify and Pandora, thousands of Internet radio stations and your stored music library. There's also a CD player and AM/FM radio tuner. So you can hear whatever you want with room-filling sound-all from an easy-to-use system that now comes in a fresh design. The Wave SoundTouch system is part of an entire family of Bose wireless products for every room of your home that lets you play your favorite music at the touch of a single button. A free, powerful app lets you explore online music from around the world. Plus, it transforms your phone into a powerful remote so you can control your music, no matter where you are. Included: Wave SoundTouch music system; power cord; USB cable; remote control; demonstration CD. Note: Kindly download the latest version of the SoundTouch application to access to a greater number of internet radio stations and streaming music
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update: I've had this music system for over a year now and it still works and sounds great. Also, just recently Amazon Music Services added "My Music" to their services, so now you can listen to your own Amazon Playlists and not just their pre-selected playlists. There is one thing that I wish Bose would add to their Music Systems and Speakers, and that is a setting to be able to listen to all track/songs at the same volume level. It can be quite annoying when you're listening to a playlist and one track is really loud and then the next track is very low. I know that when I listen to Spotify on my laptop, they have the option to "Set the same volume for all songs". Even if you have a Spotify Premium subscription and listen to it on the Bose Music System, unfortunately that option does not carry over. I hope that one day Bose will have this option as a setting for their products. Other than that, I'm still very much enjoying the music system.
- Espresso Black is a gorgeous color, this black front and brownish “espresso” body (not sprayed like graphite gray former color), will never go out of style like other colors and matches any other electronics and furniture you have in your room.
- I like the mesh speaker cover design of this unit, vs. horizontal lines of former Wave series; I never liked looking at the left and right drivers between the lines.
- Bose made the predecessor remotes compatible: Bose Wave AND Bose Wave III. Just press AUX= Sound Touch Symbol.
- Bose's inherently poor AM reception antenna internal, no more rotating the wave to receive better signal, but with wifi now the problem is solved.
- Remote has now a rubberized surface with "flat" buttons opposed to "bubble" buttons, same tactile "button travel" but the buttons press a lot easier than former remote and less finger fatigue.
- Bass can be reduced, from normal to reduced mode, listening to talk radio and at lower volumes is a welcomed change from the boomie bass in normal mode. Just press alarm button until set up and right arrow to change from Normal to Reduced.
- Bose engineers dropped the sleep timer volume fading out in this model, I really liked the fading effect, not only did it give me a signal to hit the sleep for more minutes it is a nice feature to Bose wave products. Now BWMS IV abruptly shuts off after timer ends, not good, and made no logical reason for cost or re-engineering saving to me!
- Deezer and Spotify require premium paid service, you can download and play on your computer for free but to allow access with Sound Touch App, required a subscription service. I guess folks will eventually stream via YouTube music from Android tablet devices. Pandora is ok, but if you like a particular song, Pandora make you work like a dog to find it and often times you can't unless you upgrade. I am surprised, Bose must have struck a licensing deal with Pandora for their "free" full of ads service, but Spotify "free" is better than Pandora, and can't be streamed on Bose.
Tips: Brightness can be adjusted, not clearly stated in owners manual, press and hold alarm set up, scroll to brightness, two options, Bright Lo and Bright Hi, Bright Lo is best for low light environments or at night, and Bright Hi is best for during the day light.
Tip: www.owners.bose.com is Bose's website for instructions on how to do a lot of things not listed in paper owners manual. like the Brightness display option.
A bit pricy (not fair to list as a con), since introduced in 1993. No economies of scale trickling down for lower prices but if you index for inflation not any more expensive today than 22 years ago, and product keeps improving with time, and zero competition.
This new designed Wave Touch Sound IV is still worthy of consideration.