Boska Holland De Luxe Rosewood Stainless Steel Young Soft Cheese Slicer
|Price:||$19.95 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Boska Holland De Luxe Rosewood Stainless Steel Young Soft Cheese Slicer
- This slicer is designed for use on soft to medium soft cheeses. The short blade and sharp edge ensure a clean slice of soft cheeses like young Gouda, Emmental or Cheddar without sticking or tearing!
- This specially designed cheese slicer has no serving plane at the end, enabling its user to operate on young cheeses without the slices sticking to the surface of the slicer.
- 18/10 stainless steel with a Rosewood Handle
- Dishwasher safe ~ Length: 6.5" ~ Made in the Netherlands
Customers also shopped for
Boska Holland was founded over 100 years ago in Bodegraven near Gouda, home of the original Gouda cheese. The family-owned business developed throughout four generations from forge, hardware store and tool supplier into the present company, specializing in quality cheese tools. Boska Holland now carries the widest variety of cheese cutting equipment in the world.
The Rosewood series is the most traditional and best known line of Boska Holland. And not without reason! This specially designed cheese slicer has no serving plane at the end, enabling its user to operate on young cheeses without the slices sticking to the surface of the slicer. This tool is perfect for using on soft cheeses like young Gouda, Havarti, and Blue Castello. The short blade and sharp edge ensure a clean thin slice of many types of cheese. Did you know that you can get more taste from your favorite cheese with a cheese slicer? This slicer creates nice thin slices for the most delicious sandwiches you ever had!
Top Customer Reviews
We picked up our first one in Europe and it's still in service after 15 years. I've had to buy new ones for kids leaving the nest and I'm so glad they can now be found on line.
What makes it so effective is the shortened blade that doesn't stick to soft cheeses (like US Colby types or softer), yet it works equally well on harder cheeses. Because it's so small it can also reach between a Cheese wheel and the wrap to cut the rind and saves on re-wrapping cheeses to keep them moist and mold free.
Don't let the elegant looks deceive you - this is a very sturdy, well-made kitchen tool. The hardwood handle is comfortable to hold. If you like using the dishwasher I recommend the stainless steel or polymer handle, or consider frequent oiling with vegetable oil. The high quality steel holds its edge really well.
One more thing.....I have tried other "soft cheese" slicers with similar short blades yet none do as well as this one, because it has the least surface contact with the cheese you're slicing.
Try it, you'll like it. I'm amazed so few in this country know this little secret. MW