Boss Industrial ES7T20 Electric Log Splitter, 7-Ton
|Price:||$471.23 & FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Powerful 2 HP electric motor
- 7 tons of splitting force
- Dimensions: 13.5" W x 20" H x 39.5" D | Weight: 121 lb
- Automatic ram return
- Convenient one-Handed operation
- 2-year residential warranty.Hydraulic Pressure (psi):3500
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Sun Joe LJ10M 10-Ton Hydraulic Log Splitter, Green
Kindling Cracker Firewood Splitter - Kindling Splitter Wood Splitter Wood Splitting Wedge Manual Log Splitter Wedge
Champion 7-Ton Compact Horizontal Gas Log Splitter with Auto Return
EARTHQUAKE 32228, 5-ton Electric Log Splitter, 1500-Watt Motor, Precision Pump Gears, Copper Motor Windings, Durable Transport Wheels
|Sold By||UnbeatableSale, Inc||Amazon.com||Northern Tool + Equipment||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
The Boss Industrial ES7T20 is among the Top Rated Electric Log Splitters offering unparalelled quality and performance with its patented technologies. It offers the same convenience and portability of our EC5T20, but ramps the power up a notch to tackle larger projects! The powerful 2 HP electric motor delivers 7 tons of splitting force with of the harmful emissions that come with gas-powered units, allowing users to split indoors and outside. Built-in side rails keep logs stable while splitting, and the front handle allows for easy maneuvering. A patented hydraulic system and one-handed operation make Boss Industrial electric log splitters stand out from the rest of the pack.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Well there is a BIG issue the cost of shipping back the splitter to get repaired is half the cost of the machine. So it was agreed by Boss to send me a new body and for me to switch out all the components, so far I agreed without any real choice that was less costly. The service rep was really great and helpful, he explained how to switch out the body, but now I am still missing some spare parts.
In a nutshell the Boss splitter is Chinese made, with poor quality in mind and with that said I spent a day and half in fixing the spliiter myself and I am still waiting for spare parts to insure the hydraulic fluid doe not leak.
At this point I am fed up and I just wanted my money back or a working splitter, but the sales manager would not budge. Buyer Beware there are 2 variations of this model.
1) 1 hand operation (only one hand has to stay in contact with the handle switch to make it move) - apparently this is hard to find in an electric splitter
2) Sturdy frame and housing, solid steel tubing and brackets; only way you would damage this is by running it over with a truck
3) Wheels are large-ish and not wobbly
1) The splitting wedge is not tall enough, so sometimes a log will 'ride up' and slip off of it while splitting; this is not dangerous because it happens in slow motion, but it's annoying and you have to keep repositioning that log until you find the magic spot where it sticks and fully splits
2) Rolling it around is not easy, especially on uneven ground or grass; even though the wheels are larger than other similar models, they are still not large enough; also, with the odd center of gravity, no matter how you grip it while rolling, it tends to wobble and roll awkwardly
3) It is very low to the ground, so you end up doing most of hte work on your hands and knees. I tried sitting on a bucket, then a large log, but you still have to move around to go get your next log, and then to pick it up off the ground and stack it after it's split, so your back will hurt after several hours of using this machine. If it weren't so dang heavy, you could probably put it on your pickup tailgate and have a lot less bending over.
4) If your firewood is short (like mine, cause I like it shorter for my wood stove), you spend a lot of extra time waiting for the ram/log to contact the wedge- because the ram goes all the way back to its resting position automatically whenever you take your hand off the handle. So for shorter wood (like 12" logs), half of the splitting motion and time occurs without any splitting contact - it's just the ram extending out to the point where the log finally contacts the wedge, then it splits in the last few seconds. I wish you could set it to stop shorter for when you have a big pile of short logs, but oh well.
I actually believe this is and excellent product. I was cautious at first because of so many poor reviews. But I am very happy with my decision. Perfect for easy at home use. Be sure to read instructions before operating. Many of the negative reviews could have been avoided had the users setup the splitter correctly after taking it out of the box. Don’t just plug it in and start using. There are several adjustments that must be made after shipping. (Opening vents, loosing seals, checking oil, spraying rail with lubricant, etc...). Not doing this could likely damage the hydraulics or motor.
Top reviews from other countries
1. remember to open the hydraulic oil valve.
2. When using in the winter, make sure the machine is warmed up before use. We store ours in the workshop and the freezing temperatures cause it to run slow. After warming up inside, it performs perfectly.