Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on November 6, 2012
I wanted a basic sound bar to replace a old Sony bar used with a Toshiba 37" LCD kept in a large oak corner TV unit with extendable, swivel stand I first look at the Boston TVEE 10 at Best Buy. The sound was not as good as the TVEE 20 or Polk units with wireless subs. I only wanted a sound bar to enhance the nearly nonexistent sound from the LCD TV and this fit the bill. The TVEE 10 was perfect size and sat nicely on the stand in front of the TV, allowing for the stand to be extended in and out and the doors to be closed.

Set up of the TVEE 10 was easy and straight forward using the included digital audio cable. Also included was an analog auxiliary cable with RCA adapter plugs. Very nice and complete for any hook up situation. The included remote was OK and worked well, but I programed my TV remote to control power, change volume levels, and input modes, using the included instructions from Boston. I must also say that the included manual was surprisingly big and thorough, in 6 languages, for such a simple sound bar.

The sound was clear and crisp from the first power on. Voices were clear. Background music or sounds were more pronounced than before with the old bar. I was also surprised to hear a slightly booming bass effect. It was especially resonant with some voices during newscasts.
It seems the bar has bass ports in the back that resonated inside the cabinet. Extending the TV and bar outside the cabinet, reduced the booming effect. Putting tissue in the ports stopped the effect altogether when left inside the cabinet. My old Sony bar had front facing ports so it was not a problem. Still I do not fault the TVEE 10 for this problem and was willing to live with it .

However, the problems did not end there. The TVEE 10 has 3 input modes; Digital, Analog audio and auxiliary audio for music. The modes are selected by remote or by a button on the front of the bar. The TVEE 10 would randomly switch to analog mode without touching a remote or the bar. Since the TV speakers were turned off this was very aggravating while following a show's dialog.
To trouble shoot a possible bad digital connection, I switched the TV input to analog using the RCA cables and removing the digital cable. The same thing happen with the bar randomly switching down to Aux mode.

After a few days the volume level was also not staying consistent. Thinking it was my TV remote not working properly with the TVEE 10, I deprogrammed it and used only the remote that came with the unit. I still notice the same inconsistent volume and the switching problem persisted.
After messing with the TVEE 10 for a week I returned it to Amazon. The TVEE 10 unit I received was just plain defective. But despite the good basic sound quality, I decided not to order a replacement. Instead I am going for something entirely different. Sorry to say I cannot recommend the Boston TVEE 10 Sound bar based on my experience.
33 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2014
Wanted a sounbar without Bluetooth and got the added option of program to your remote. All worked well and can adapt to any tv sound type with provided connectors. Even came with its own remote which was not needed. With majority of TV'S having rear speakers, the BOSTON system finishes a premium tv to exceptional. Sound at normal is clear and great enough to be heard two rooms away. Although it lacks bass and treble control, it performs well and quickly monitored by choice of remote. Slim, light and stylish unit fits well to wall or table and performs as well or better to larger heavier units with sub woofer. NICE job BOSTON.
on March 15, 2013
The Boston Acoustics TVEE Model 10 Theater System worked OK for the first month, then the sound magically died. It seems to have "automatically" switched mode like other users have compained about. In the process of figuring out the problem, I called Boston Acoustics' technical support and was told to reset the device. Get this...a "reset" means disconnecting the power supply and keeping it powered down for FORTY-EIGHT HOURS.

For $200, I'd expect a little more.

Pros:
Improved the sound from our LCD/LED TV.
Attractive design

Cons:
Limited range in volume
Unable to adjust treble and bass
Automatically switches modes

I would not recommend purchasing this product.
on August 16, 2015
Sounds ok for the money..nothing special. Better than tv speakers but i will spend the extra money next time and get a sub. Plug and play option is great tho there isnt any sound options for treble or bass . Overall its as good as what i paid for.
on October 26, 2015
I already have the TVee 26 which is the same unit with the addition of a subwoofer so decided to get this for another TV in a smaller room. I'm very pleased with it. It is so much better than the TV speakers and really makes the dialog much easier to understand.
on November 24, 2012
First, I'll say that the sound of this product was very good, especially for a bar; it was exactly what I'd expect from a Boston Acoustics product.

I purchased this product because my television speakers began to make an annoying buzzing noise, and I wanted crisper audio. My television is a 2 year old HD (1080) LCD 32" flatscreen, which I use in my bedroom, but it did not have any audio input jacks (I didn't bother to look until the product arrived because I assumed it would, being a relatively new, HD television). I therefore had to plug the bar directly into my cable box. This worked fine when the TV was in use with a couple of caveats:

1. Upon turning on the system, the audio made a really loud buzzing sound. This would only go away once the entire system (TV, cable box, and audio bar) was fully powered on.
2. Periodically, the cable box receives updates or resets in the middle of the night. This happens two or three times per week. Whenever this happened, the bar would turn on and make the buzzing sound. I realize that this was because the bar was plugged into the cable box and not the tv, but there should be some way to control the power of the bar independent of the power of the parent item (TV, cable box, etc). The power button on the remote did not work to stop this. I ended up having to leave the bar unplugged at night to keep from waking me up.
3. Sometimes, the audio bar would get stuck on a different audio mode and refuse to switch to the audio mode that the cable box was on. This resulted in not being able to hear audio at all. When this happened, the remote would be useless, too. The only way I found to rectify this particular problem was to get up, power down the bar, and reset the whole system.

For these reasons, I ended up sending the bar back to Amazon. I really wanted it to work because I am now back to the annoying buzzing of my television speakers, but the number of issues this bar presented were too many to overlook. I have no way of knowing how many of these issues would become non issues if you were able to plug the bar directly into your television, but I'd guess that #3 is still a problem given that several other reviewers have complained about the same thing.
on August 23, 2015
Installed on 80 inch Sharp TV. Much better sound and can control with both the tv remote and the cable box remote. Very satisfied with unit.
on November 20, 2015
Great product. Arrived on time. Good sound. Fits perfectly atop my Panasonic 32" tv
on April 18, 2016
Great sound, on time delivery. Happy with it
on May 8, 2014
Made the bedroom TV so much easier to watch and listen late night while in bed. Volume adjust not real sensitive .

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.