Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on March 2, 2014
There was nothing I would change about this book. it's amazing. I actually finished all 3 books in 3 days. I stayed up til 3 am fine finishing the book, I didn't even realize it was 3 am. This book series is very inspiring, and since we were doing a unit at school about Washington territory and claiming land at school it was good to have another insight, I rather enjoyed reading about history from the perspective of someone who was living through it. It had plenty of conflict throughout the whole book, and was very fast paced. I was very mad at Sally biddle and when jane didn't take revenge on Sally I often felt like screaming. I was quite happy at the end when everyone got the true sally. I was very pleased with the ending, satisfying because it seemed very peaceful, with her finally married to hehe and then his mill getting an investment. it didn't leave the gaping hole I often feel after finishing off a series, like after finishing alliegent I wanted to go die in a hole. but this made me happy, although I would still be very interested in a fourth book, I'm not sure it will happen though. Holm is a great author, I also enjoyed other books by her such as turtle in paradise. I'd recommend this book to anyone, it was a quick read, and it never had a dull moment.
on July 14, 2011
Jane Peck is my most beloved fiction character! I read the first book when I was 9, now at 18, I found out that there were more books! I was so excited I couldn't wait. Here is how much I adore Boston Jane, at 6 pm I got the mail, 6:01 I was reading the book and did not set it down till 11 pm and then thought about it till 2 am! Jane is a completely believable young lady who is trying not to care what her old town people think of her, she really takes the town back from them in the end, knowing that they can't hurt her again the way they have! Jehu, naturally is a key element and the book would be lost without his strong guiding hand with Jane. All the characters are outstanding, even the ones you are meant to dislike you find interesting. Though the childhood mischief is missing in this book, Jane has adapted from what Mr. Russell calls, "Your first cup o' coffee." Jane is now settled in her frontier lifestyle, yet through all of the growing up, Jane still refuses to be a silent door mat, that is why I fell in love with these books! Every young lady wants not only to be heard, but to be free of the constant eyes that say we are to live our lives a particular way, Jane defies those eyes to be the daughter her loving father wanted her to be, and despite William doing his very best to change Jane into something she clearly is NOT, it's in the end that her true love, Jehu, who is the real man her father would wish her to be with, even if he is a sailor. :)
on January 12, 2016
That was possibly the best series that I have ever read! The way that Jennifer L. Holm, (the author), made that book seemed so realistic was almost unbelievable! I would definitely recommend this book along with the other two!
on February 2, 2014
Jennifer should write another book to conclude everything nicely. The way she wrote the ending in this book made me feel like there is another sequel out there, but theres no at least not that I know of. I was thinking about it and this trilogy would make a great movie. I really LOVE this series and wish she would write some more!!!!!!!!
on March 1, 2014
Very awesome book. I enjoyed the events and the plot in the book. One of my favorite parts in it was when Jane Peck finally was able to get back at Sally Biddle after all of these years. I strongly recommend this book to other readers. I just wish that there were more books in the series though.
on June 20, 2014
My eleven year old is always looking for a new book to read, and she devoured this series of three books in just a few days (she got the first and second from the library, and then I got the third on Kindle for her because we were on vacation).
on January 17, 2017
Niece loved it! Great service.
on July 19, 2016
Nice series, i am enjoying these sweet books.
on April 30, 2013
I loved the altogether series and enjoy the humorous, yet self exploring and lesson learning story of a red haired girl. Miss Jane Peck. The intimidation of the journey and survival. Love that is fake and jealousy in all. Coincidental reunions and new friends on shoalwater bay.
on February 4, 2013
Honestly I couldn't get enough when it came to this book or this series in general. I love Jane in this as she is what all women should be. Strong, independent, and never back down even if you are fighting society's rules.