Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Boston Warehouse Mystique Flameless Taper Candle, ...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 46% off the $24.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Boston Warehouse Mystique Flameless Taper Candle, 8-Inch, Ivory
|Price:||$14.82 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$10.17 (41%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Beautiful flameless candles are made from 100 percent real paraffin wax
- Patented "real flame" appears identical to a lit candle using electromagnetics and glowing LEDs
- Built-In smart timer turns automatically turns the candle on for five hours and off for nineteen hours
- Use where open flames are not allowed; floral arrangements; dorms; children's bedrooms and more
- Candles run on two aa batteries; not included. Please refer User Manual below product description or Technical Description.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Boston Warehouse Mystique Flameless Taper Candle, 8-Inch, Ivory
Remote for Remote Ready Luminara Candles B00AM9ELJU
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Package Weight||0.1 pounds||0.02 pounds||0.6 pounds||0.28 pounds|
|Material||Paraffin||Plastic||Wax||Plastic, Wax, Metal|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
A note on the mechanism: Most battery-operated candles use a simple flicker circuit on a fixed LED to simulate a candle flame; that system is inexpensive, and works pretty well. This type of candle is much more convincing: It uses a bright amber LED, which shines up out of the solid white body of the candle onto a flame-shaped, translucent piece of white plastic. This 'flame' piece moves around (electromechanicallly) partly in and out of the LED beam, and creates a very realistic, actually moving (not just flickering) light. From four or five feet away, it is difficult to tell they aren't real candles.
If there is a downside to these, it is that the 'flame' and mechanism is delicate. They are definitely not for outdoor use, and, just like the real thing, don't touch the flame! Also, they tend to cast light mostly up, in the direction the LED points, so they don't illuminate (i.e., cast light brightly all around) nearly as well as a real candle.
When I first got them I turned them on and left them on for 6 days straight before the battery died.
THE PLUS SIDE
1. These look remarkably like real tapers, they even feel like them. They have the same waxy touch as a real candle. Thankfully they are not scented, which was popular a couple of years ago with fake candles. Most of them had a scent that was too overpowering and candles that smell were generally not very well liked by the public
2. They are made better than the early LED candles were made. The switch is more positive and feels like it will last longer
3. And of course, the flame effect is what you buy them for and that is verging on being as good as looking at a real flame
THE MINUS SIDE
1. It’s hard not to overlook how expensive they are. The lowest cost version at the time of purchase was the 8” cream colored variety at just under $17 EACH. I bought candles that had the automatic on/off timer from a discount store 5 years ago at about $2 each that looked almost as good from a distance.
2. The way they are marketed. The same candle in a color other than cream can cost as much as $47 PER CANDLE. It doesn’t cost more to make the candle, the extra profit is because the market will bear it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's absolutely beautiful and elegant! The effect is such a beauty! It looks like the real deal but even better still because it won't harm your health at all. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Jennifer
Such a pain to get them to fit in my holders and they fell from about 8 feet onto a tile floor about 4 times, which I am amazed they even are still working! Read morePublished 16 days ago by jeanne
My friend told me about the taper candle, I already have their Pillar candles in all heights and love them with the timers and remote control, no fear of fire and they look real! Read morePublished 1 month ago by Laura Smith
Too yellow flame... too bad.... it does have a timer though. But I won't buy more of these.Published 1 month ago by Dutch Girl
Bought two of these. One works as it should, flickering perfectly with the timer. The other flickers, but the timer does not work. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Colorado4US
Sitting a few feet away from the sconce it's in, you can't tell that it isn't real! It is actually mesmerizing. Use it mostly on holidays, so I don't know about battery life. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Lori DeVoe