Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 154 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 163 reviews
on December 7, 2013
They need to buy these shoes! See, not what you thought I was going to say, dirty mind.
I have worn Bostonian shoes for the past four or five years now, last pair was Eaton's and these are the shoes that have replaced them, fit is exactly the same, only difference I could find is the soles on these are not the polished ones that the Eaton shoe had, these are more of a natural leather and a composite heal just like those had. I wear a 13EEE and these only took about three days to stretch the extra little bit to make them feel just like my old ones did. Arch is about as close to perfect as a shoe gets, and they are just a great looking comfortable shoe, that will make your feet happy! If you're looking for a great pair of dress shoes that won't break the bank, look no further, these are the best deal on the internet, I checked everywhere, Shoes.com, Zappo's and even Bostonian's site, they just don't get any cheaper than this, PERIOD!
Amazon does it again, I have had the best luck with shoes from here everytime, and will continue to buy my shoes here for the foreseeable future, no reason to go anywhere else, I've already done the looking for you.
Now quit reading this and do yourself a favor, click Add To Cart!
on July 21, 2013
I really wasn't sure what to expect, as many of the other reviews mentioned man-made soles (not true) and poor quality (also not true). I wanted a relaxed dress shoe for every day at the office. these are perfect. they looked great when they arrived and only look better with wear and break-in (which is happily minimal). the are high- polished and look executive smart. all- leather uppers and I am happy to report LEATHER SOLES! the heel is a composite but appears to be wearing fine (now having the shoes for a little over a month). on certain high wax vinyl flooring there is a squeak if you shuffle as you walk. Appears to be the heel flexing. I solved this by picking my feet up as I walked, which also seemed to relieve lower leg fatigue in the process. the only head shake I have about these shoes is why they chose to put in man- made foot bed inserts when the rest f the shoe is all leather and of high quality. It's wearing fine, but its obviously much lower standard than the rest of the shoe. Other than the foot-bed materials (still comfortable, and I'm a large man with a size 14 foot) I have no complaints. they are FAR better than Kenneth Cole shoes, and look far classier as well. If you cannot afford Allan Edmunds, give these a try!
on September 13, 2010
I owned a pair of these Bostonian shoes 10-15 years ago. Now, the leather does not seem quite the same quality, and although Amazon's description states a leather sole, the black pair I received does NOT have a leather sole. They fit nicely, and overall I do enjoy them. The quality is just not quite the same since they are manufactured outside of the USA. This of course would not be a problem, if the company had not chosen to lower the quality of the shoe.
on September 30, 2013
I love this style of shoe. Even thought this review is for a size 12, my foot is a size 11.5. I returned the size 12 and bought the 11.5 one and it fits perfectly. My shoe size is 11.5 and that is what I needed. I have read some other reviews that are negative of this shoe. Every person has an opinion based on their likes and how they want a shoe to feel and fit. I like shoes that fit well but do not hug my feet. I have a wide foot. What does having a wide foot mean? I am probably a triple E. If I find a shoe that I like and it is not made in a wide I try and buy up one full shoe size, but some shoes are simply built too narrow for my feet. So, how does this one compare. It is a true wide and it is true to size. I like the leather interior, it is smooth and comfortable. My previous pair lasted several years and I did not have problems with the sole or heal coming off.
on December 16, 2013
Hey all,

First this shoe, is slightly more roomy than expected. - so if you are a size 10.5 - order the 10.
I ordered the 11, and it was too large. I was able to compensate with a shoe insert to take up some of the extra wiggle room.

As for the material, it is very, VERY rigid. not a soft leather by any means. I am serious, it is like walking in a wooden shoe.
I am still trying to break them in, but I have never had to knead a shoe before, flexing around the edges to get them to give a little.

all in all very unforgiving shoe. I got them for an upcoming event, and wanted a nice looking pair. they do look awesome, they just don't feel as good as they look.
on June 7, 2014
Although I have worn a size 10 1/2 shoe for decades, the Bostonian slip-on loafer I bought from Amazon didn't fit. Amazon sold me a product that literally left me bloody and bruised. After wearing my new shoes for the first time my feet were in excruciating pain. I suppose I would say doing business with Amazon has become a pain in my ....feet.

What makes my experience less than funny is that Amazon or Bostonian could have protected me by adopting low cost, readily available shoe sizing technology. The technology exists to dramatically improve the odds of me receiving the correct shoe. Why not use it?
on November 27, 2013
I got these shoes to wear for my father's funeral. They were somewhat comfortable when I first put them on but after about an hour and a half they began to bother me. They were ok when I was sitting but when I walked they chaffed at the heel. I wound up with blisters on both heals after about 4 hours of wear. The leather was so stiff it did not seem to "break in" and seemed to be the cause of the problem. I have a pair of brown Bostonians in 12M that are the most comfortable shoes one could ask for. I don't know what happened to these. They do look good.
on October 5, 2011
I order shoes online next to never, but having owned a pair of these shoes in black (same size and style) my expectations were good.

I think everyone wants that "Cinderella" fit in a shoe, but in reality few are like that. Every brand of shoe is cut a little differently, and thus the real question is whether or not it gives in a way that doesn't cause discomfort. In my case, this shoe felt fine the first time I wore it which was for about 3 hours in church.

I like it. The shine of the leather and the wingtip imprint make it a standout. The sole feels lighter than some of the classic dress shoes used to be, but in my book this is a good thing as it invites better shock absorbtion when you walk. Also noticeable is that the leather forms creases easier than older shoes used to, but some buyers will see them as character marks, while others view it as a shortcoming.

All in all, I will probably invest in another pair (brown) when they become available in my size (11-1/2 W).
on December 8, 2011
The item arrived very quickly - I was impressed. First thing I noticed was that it was NOT a leather sole as advertised. While disappointing, it would suffice. Then the cheap construction showed as one of the tassels fell off while I was attending a meeting out of town. The suporting piece was a very thin vinyl that simply broke. I noticed the other one was pulling out of the tiny hole in which it was set. Well, since I had no idea when it chose to break, I did not have said tassel in my possession. The seller (Gabriel Shoes) informed me that Bostonian does not guarantee the tassels! I can see why since the design is so flawed. I ended up having to have both tassels replaced with 2 that I had taken off an old pair of shoes. Gabriel Shoes did offer and apply a credit of $15 for my expense. I will not purchase Bostonian again.
on September 18, 2013
I had a pair of these for almost 4 years.... the price was very good on these and not worth having the others fixed.
The fit was as expected as I ordered the same size I had and after wearing them for just a couple hours, they felt like
they were breaking in nicely.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.