Spring Deals Automotive HPC Amazon First Reads New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 13, 2012
Do not buy this shoes. After wearing it for a day, indoor at an office, I noticed that the "leather" was starting to peel/ flake off. Good thing this was a fairly inexpensive pair of shoes or otherwise I would have been bummed about it.
on January 10, 2014
I bought these shoes because I needed a classic, plain cap toe shoe. I don't wear dress shoes that often so I didn't want to spend a ton of money. These shoes came in extra wide which, for me, is a necessity. The shoes seem to be of decent quality, but as others have said these shoes have a "fake leather" coating on the outside to make them look shinier. Although this is common on dress shoes in this price range, my experience with the plastic "coating" is that no matter how little you wear them and no matter how well you take care of them, the plastic coating will start to crack and peel after a few years.
When I put them on, I noticed immediately that the leather sole was very easy to walk in. There was no "break in period" like other leather-soled shoes. My biggest complaint, though, was the actual look of the shoe as I wore it. The toe section looks big and clunky. The seam where the toe cap ends is very large and pronounced. Most decent cap toe shoes have a very svelte transition.

If I had tried these on in the store, I don't think I would have bought them due to the look. I bought them online, though, and they're still comfortable enough to skip the hassle of returning.
on November 10, 2013
Another "eyelet" problem. They punched the holes too small even for these tiny dress laces to feed through! Never seen that before, how slipshod a quality control do you have to have for this to happen?

Also, the soles on these wear through insanely fast, but it seems all dress shoes do this now.
on July 26, 2011
I bought this shoe in August of last year. I have worn them for about 300 hours, most of that time spent standing and walking, and walked many miles in them in all weather and all kinds of pavement. I guess the wear I put on them might be a little above average. I love the fact that a $70 dollar pair of shoes is of such high quality, has a leather sole, and looks so good. My only complaint is that after a year of wear, the soles, especially the heels, are wearing very thin. The leather heel is very soft, and wears down to the wood very quickly, which looks a little ratty now. It's not too bad, and if I find a cobbler I'm sure I can get that taken care of, but it is an annoyance. I highly recommend these shoes, but don't expect the soles to last more than a few months of intense wear.
on September 23, 2013
Well... I was going to review the shoe that we "received"... but then I (just now) looked at the pictures shown and it's NOT EVEN the same shoe!!! WOW! The soles shown here have leather or "leather-type" bottom sole and the ones we received were black sole with "plastic/resin-like" CHEAP looking sole.

Buyers beware... shoe pictured may be not necessarily be what you get! Going back for sure. Look cheap!
review imagereview image
on December 15, 2013
I actually like the shiny look of these, and the "click" of the heel when you're walking. I wore these for two years to work every day and really enjoyed them, but I never actually did much walking in them, just from the parking lot to the office...but then I moved to DC where I didn't have a car and did a lot of heavy walking, and unfortunately these shoes wore out quickly. The heal wore down fast, and they just didn't provide a lot support or cushion so by the end of the day my feet (and back) were killing me. I even bought those gel inserts to provide extra cushion but it only helped a little. I like the look, but if you do heavy city walking, I would get more comfortable shoes.
on March 18, 2014
I've owned these shoes for a few months wearing them 3-4 times a week and I just replaced them.

The leather is very low quality, scuffs easily, has massive creases that I've been unable to minimize and it takes water spots quite easily.

The biggest disappointment is with the sole and heel of the shoe. The sole showed significant wear after only a few days of office work where I sit almost exclusively. The sides of the sole flaked off the black paint showing the light sole underneath looking particularly awful. The heel of the shoe wore at an angle and quickly went through the rubber covering a particle board heel.

The insole of the shoe is very uncomfortable and I ended up removing the insole and putting in a different one.

All in all I was totally dissatisfied with this shoe and would recommend avoiding it entirely.
on July 4, 2012
I had not worn these Bostonian Akron's for more than an hour when the shiny paint on the surface of the leather (?) just flaked right off. It flaked off along the bend line right behind the cap toe. You might say that this was just a bad lot and the finish wasn't applied right or this pair stayed on the shelf/warehouse too long, but those excuses would miss the point = why on earth would I buy leather shoes that are maybe leather with a layer of paint substance covering the entire shoe. They looked like cheap plastic shoes (and I am military so I understand chorpham or pattent leather shoes, but these are different/cheaper/faker). I do not recommend buying the Bostonian Akron.
11 comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 8, 2009
I wear these to work (office job) and immediately the black paint (ink) started wearing off on the soles, exposing the light colored tan underneath...looks terrible. Did not get a chance to return...very dissapointed!!!
44 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 28, 2013
The exterior looks plastic or painted not classic tanned leather. The black paint on the edge of the sole was peeling off out of the box. When the toe crease develops it looks like an unnatural crimp more than conforming leather. A well known brand I was dismayed to find its "Made in India" label. I won't buy Bostonian online in the future.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.