Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on September 23, 2013
Well... I was going to review the shoe that we "received"... but then I (just now) looked at the pictures shown and it's NOT EVEN the same shoe!!! WOW! The soles shown here have leather or "leather-type" bottom sole and the ones we received were black sole with "plastic/resin-like" CHEAP looking sole.

Buyers beware... shoe pictured may be not necessarily be what you get! Going back for sure. Look cheap!
review image review image
on December 15, 2013
I actually like the shiny look of these, and the "click" of the heel when you're walking. I wore these for two years to work every day and really enjoyed them, but I never actually did much walking in them, just from the parking lot to the office...but then I moved to DC where I didn't have a car and did a lot of heavy walking, and unfortunately these shoes wore out quickly. The heal wore down fast, and they just didn't provide a lot support or cushion so by the end of the day my feet (and back) were killing me. I even bought those gel inserts to provide extra cushion but it only helped a little. I like the look, but if you do heavy city walking, I would get more comfortable shoes.
on October 28, 2013
The exterior looks plastic or painted not classic tanned leather. The black paint on the edge of the sole was peeling off out of the box. When the toe crease develops it looks like an unnatural crimp more than conforming leather. A well known brand I was dismayed to find its "Made in India" label. I won't buy Bostonian online in the future.
on November 19, 2013
Stay away from this shoe. I've been wearing it for about two months, about 2-3 times a week. Uncomfortable, even after the break in, and creases really easily.

I purchased Banana Republic's oxfords the same month and I have found the quality is higher, comfortability is better, and does not crease as easily.
on June 21, 2013
These shoes were advertised as having a leather sole. Hogwash!!!! yup, I said Hogwash!!!! it is a plastic/rubber type sole that is not durable at all. Other than that is was a decent shoe for the short time it lasted.
on March 27, 2013
I have been looking for quality Oxford shoes with a leather sole. I found and ordered Bostonian's Akron shoes. I was happy to receive them, but then realized that the sole was made of rubber instead of leather! I just it find unaccaptable. The description clearly states "Leather sole"!!!Bostonian Men's Akron Oxford
on August 2, 2007
I spend a lot of time on my feet and have worn some other shoes out in less than two months. Have had at least 7 pair of the Akrons and will continue to purchase them. The factory soles are thinner than the replacements that I get but they are very comfortable. I've had some that I've re-soled 3 or 4 times. With a little care the tops still look good after daily use for a couple of years.

I will be back for more.
on July 4, 2012
I had not worn these Bostonian Akron's for more than an hour when the shiny paint on the surface of the leather (?) just flaked right off. It flaked off along the bend line right behind the cap toe. You might say that this was just a bad lot and the finish wasn't applied right or this pair stayed on the shelf/warehouse too long, but those excuses would miss the point = why on earth would I buy leather shoes that are maybe leather with a layer of paint substance covering the entire shoe. They looked like cheap plastic shoes (and I am military so I understand chorpham or pattent leather shoes, but these are different/cheaper/faker). I do not recommend buying the Bostonian Akron.
on April 19, 2013
Bought these shoes to wear to the office. After 2 months of 1 x week wear, the front of the shoe became so wrinkled that I am embarassed to wear them. Give yourself a favor and spend the additional 100 dollars to get a decent pair of shoes. This polished leather (AKA corrected grain) is not worth 50 dollars.
on February 24, 2006
I previously owned a pair of Bostonian oxfords and enjoyed them so much I've gone back for seconds! These shoes however, fit my wide feet (11XW) perfectly. They arrived quickly and in excellent condition. The price can't be beat for a quality pair of dress shoes.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.