Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,435 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,513 reviews
on August 29, 2016
This was my first time buying shoes online. I was skeptical. But this purchase was great. The shoes are lightweight, sized correctly, and I order mine in a wide width. I don't need a shoehorn to get these on either. They are pretty comfortable so far, but I've only had them a few days. So far, I don't see any problems. In all seriousness, this may be one of the best shoes I have ever purchased. LOL. Again, I've only had them a few days. I hate to say they are the best right now, because I want to see if my feet start to hurt or if the shoe breaks down prematurely. BUT DARN... SO FAR SO GOOD. Yes, I would order these again. As a matter of fact, I think I am going to order another pair now, but in black. Hope this review helps.
review image review image review image
on February 12, 2016
I had my first pair of Bostonians three years ago, and they were the most comfortable pair of dress shoes I had ever worn. I used them every day for work until a month ago when they finally wore out with a hole in the sole.

I was so happy I decided to order another pair and to my surprise the new versions are junk. I don't know what happened in the last three years but the quality is now terrible. The leather is stiff and uncomfortable and the sole is hard as a rock. After three weeks of regular wear the sole started to fall off the right shoe. Also when looking at the bottom of the shoe I could see the grip of the sole almost gone on the edges. It looked like I bought a pair of shoes from Payless. These are not the Bostonians I remember!!!

I sent my shoes back and am waiting for a replacement in hopes I had a fluke or knock off. When I receive the new pair I will post an update. Until then I would be very wary of Bostonian.

Edit: the new pair was just as bad as the other. I got a pair of eccos now and they are just like the old Bostonians!
on March 3, 2016
Let's face it. Ordering shoes online is not an easy feat. A customer definitely doesn't need to worry with Amazon's generous return policy that includes fashion items. After all, ordering online you have several obstacles. Fit, comfort, and even design may not be easily determined through reviews and pictures until you've tried it on in person. So far, I got these, I put them on and they are probably the most comfortable shoes I've worn in recent memory especially when considering dress shoes which I generally don't think of for everyday use. These are perfect for dressy or casual situations and have the comfort for every day type usage. While I have never owned Bostonians, I saw the positive reviews, the high ranking, and the nice slip-on black leather style as encouraging. Indeed, it will be necessary to see how these last over time since I have seen how cheaper shoes may not last long. It is my hope that I can get at least a year, if not more from these. They are affordable, but I hate having to replace shoes constantly. I will try to update and report back. So far, I'm impressed. My only concern is what other reviewers have pointed out which is that while it does use a leather upper, the bottom of the shoes (sole) are synthetic and I'm not sure how durable it will be. In addition, I have not used it in icy or rain conditions to test the traction these shoes provide yet.
on April 2, 2017
Overall a fairly comfortable shoe once broken in. Mind you, I've worn these shoes about a dozen times and they haven't been fully broken in yet.

The most annoying part of the show is the back of the heel. It's taking forever to break this in and this causes the most discomfort....really the only discomfort.

These shoes have pretty good cushioning and feel great even after wearing for 8, 10, 14 hours later.

I purchased the wide shoes and are perfect for my big feet.

I do wish the color was lighter, but it is what it is. It is already slightly lighter in color than the pictures, but it would be nice if these were more tan than brown.

Overall, a nice shoe for the price.
on April 20, 2017
I love Bostonians. They're extremely comfortable, usually affordable, and they last forever. I've got a pair that are least 7 years old that I should put out to pasture. These are not those Bostonians.

No where in Amazon's description does it say that these are Bostonian "Lites". The same as a pair I previously bought, which also lacked the same designation in its description. They're light, for sure. Feel like nothing in your hand or on your foot. But they're also light on materials quality and workmanship. The second I pulled out the cardboard form from inside the shoe, the thin leather started to crease and fold like a cheap suit. I guess I shouldn't expect so much for $60.

Back they went, and the last time I buy a pair of Bostonians from Amazon.
on January 15, 2016
Shoes fit perfectly. They are comfortable, flexible and have a nice light feel, and seem to be of good quality material. The main con for these shoes were that there was a very noticeable, much wider distance between the seems at the toes. Distance between left toe seems were about 1 1/2 times as wide as the narrow right toe seems, giving the shoes a very odd non-matching look. This appeared to be a design quality control failure. There was no choice left but to return them. The only reason I did not give a 2-star rating was that the quality of the shoes appeared very good.
on March 16, 2017
Bought these for my husband and son. They fit perfect, and they really like the style. Our son use to buy Nunn Bush, but after I read a lot of reviews where the sole separated from the shoe, I decided on these Bostonians. My hubby has worn his for four years with no problems. These shoes are very well constructed. I would tell you about my sons shoes, but he has only had them two weeks. I have no doubt they give him good service. They are comfortable and look very nice. Will buy more.
on July 6, 2015
I tried to like these shoes, but I just couldn't. After wearing them for about 30 minutes in the house the tops of my feat began to hurt from the stiffness. They seemed a little too snug, and I ordered my normal size. People said they run a bit big, so I just ordered my normal 11.5 /45 size. I bought these as an alternative to Ecco dress shoes, and they didn't feel as comfortable. I know that Ecco shoes are a totally different ballpark as they are expensive and different manufacturing process, but please don't judge my review as insignificant as I would NEVER buy a pair of Ecco shoes brand new... I'm too cheap to pay $250, I bought them used for $50 on ebay, and I wanted to try these because they look great, but they don't feel great.
on April 10, 2017
I bought these in brown in January 2016 and loved the shoes. I loved them so much that I was eager to replace my black shoes with these. I ordered the same style and size. I had read a "top review" warning about lower quality and poor fitment. I wrote that off as the exception and went ahead and ordered. Unfortunately, the same size shoes were way too large (maybe a full size), even though they are marked the same. Size/fit is really important for these because they are slip-on. Something has changed in their production. Also, what I love about my brown pair is the sole is soft and flexible. The black pair I received was stiff and felt heavier. Not sure why the changes happened, but I have returned the shoes and will be starting over in my search for a great slip-on shoe in black.
on February 24, 2017
I found these shoes to be narrower than advertised. I bought both the black and brown versions of these shoes because they were advertised as extra wide. The black shoes fit exactly as advertised but the brown shoes were at least one width smaller. The labels in the shoes are the same but they definitely don't fit the same.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.