Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Boulevard Nights
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on November 13, 2008
I ordered this movie and it was a horrible bootleg copy. I can believe that amazon allows this to happen. I should have known better because this movie has never been produced in dvd its only been in vhs and whoever owns this movie is making copies from a vhs to dvd and it looks dark and grainy. You can hardly see the faces its terrible. So be careful if you are trying to order this movie and if you do, get ready to watch a really bad bootleg copy.
on February 9, 2005
This movie portrays the "Cholo" life better than any movie out there. It is better than "Colors". I grew up watching this movie and I still watch it now. I recommend it to anybody who likes realistic gang movies!!!!
on November 21, 2007
beware the quality on this "official" release. It may have produced in a large quantity by somebody calling themselves a factory, but the artwork is a grainy photocopy, and the DVD itself is just a VHS transfer with some sort of contrast filter ran on it. It is NOT digitially remastered and it is not widescreen. There are no bonuses or features. About the only thing that makes it worhtwhile is it takes less space than a VHS, there are chapter breakdowns, and it will not degrade like a VHS will.

BUT, we still need a QUALITY OFFICIAL FACTORY release!
on December 22, 2009
This is as OG as you can get how can we forget this Classic Flick with two brothers Chuco and Raymond. Raymond being the oldest trying to lead a steady life wile his younger brother Chuco member of the VGV gang starts a War with Rival gang 11th Street. No matter how hard Raymond tries to steer his brother in the right direction away from all the violent gang life. Only Chuco desides to go with his homies and the war starts. Now it's all about familia Raymond and Chuco got to do something drastic that can cost them there lives the outcome is serious...

Yes the Official Boulevard Nights (DVD-R) is finally here the original copyright makers of this classic Gangster movie "Warner Bros" you will see that there is a bootleg that has been sold worldwide by a fake named "Theater@home" that is not the Official DVD but a VHS transfer bootleg the quality is horrable I otta know it was givin to me as a last year Christmas present. The picture is very grainy and blurry and some scenes are very dark then some to bright and theres this annoying line on the bottom of the screen that runs back and forth it's kind of hard to watch the movie with that however this "Official" DVD by Warner Bros is excellent quality it has not been remastered or restored but is the "Original Masters" meaning it is the very first Boulevard Nights movie to ever be made. Buy this and you wont dissapointed it is a bit pricey but don't you think it's worth the money it's a rare hard to find Original not bootleg DVD that can last a lifetime if you take care of it. If you buy the other one all your going to get is sloppy DVD.

NOTE: SOME SELLERS ARE GOING AROUND TELLING PEOPLE THAT THE DVD FROM "THEATER@HOME" IS OFFICIAL BECAUSE IT IS FACTORY PACAGED WITH A SEAL ON IT. THIS IS NOT TRUE SEAL OR NO SEAL THIS DVD FROM WARNER BROS IS THE REAL DVD!

NOTE: I WANTED TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT BOULEVARD NIGHTS WILL NEVER BE RELEASED ON DVD THIS MOVIE IS A (DVD-R)ONLY IT IS FROM THE WARNER BROS "ARCHIVE COLLECTION" IT IS THERE SERIES OF OLD MOVIES THAT NEVER MADE IT BIG AND WERE NOT IN HIGH DEMAND. WARNER BROS DID NOT FEEL THAT IT WAS WORTH IT TO MAKE BOULEVARD NIGHTS ON A REAL DVD SO THEY RELEASED THE MOVIE TO THERE ARCHIVE COLLECTION. THE ONLY WAY THIS MOVIE WILL EVER BE RELEASED IS THIS (DVD-R)OR BOOTLEGS. YES YOU HERD RIGHT NO REMASTERED,RESTORED,SPECIAL FEATURES DVD WILL EVER BE MADE FOR THIS MOVIE! WHEN A MOVIE HAS BEEN MADE IN THE ARCHIVE COLLECTION IT WILL NEVER BE REMADE AGAIN!

THIS LINK IS THE REAL BOULEVARD NIGHTS WITH THE BLU COVER RELEASED BY WARNER BROS. http://www.amazon.com/Boulevard-Nights-Richard-Yniguez/dp/B002WJHBCC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452634450&sr=8-1&keywords=boulevard+nights+movie
on January 2, 2012
I have to admit, I had an old VHS tape of the movie and was in search for a clear copy of the movie. Although I was quite skeptical about the possibility of me getting one of those VHS to DVD Rip versions but the risk was all worth it. Nice quality and audio sounded great. I have to admit, it was a great x-mas present for me. Thanks.
on April 16, 2015
This is a Great Movie! It brings back a lot of memories from my childhood, growing up in Phoenix AZ. BUYER BEWARE!!! This is some bootleg copy! The DVD case says that its Digitally Remastered THIS IS NOT TRUE!!! It also says that its in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound---THIS IS NOT TRUE ITS 2 CHANNEL 2.0. It also has DTS logos on it LOL ya right---LOL so not true!!! With that being said, I still enjoyed watching this movie very much!!! The picture quality sucks, But its still watchable. The sound is not that bad for being 2.0.--its just not what it says on the case or the DVD itself (the DVD also has the logos on it). The back of the case says running time 1 Hour 2 minutes--but the movie is 1 hour and 40 minutes long. Even with all those faults its still the best version you can get---BECAUSE THIS MOVIE WAS NEVER CONVERTED TO DVD EVER--so the only way to see it on DVD is to transfer it yourself. There is a company called http://www.screenarchives.com/ that specializes in converting old classic movies to Blu ray. Email them and tell them we want My Family Mi Familia----Blood In Blood Out BOUND BY HONOR-----Mi Vida Loca (My Crazy Life)------American Me----Boulevard Nights ALL CONVERTED TO BLU RAY. UNTIL THEN THIS IS THE BEST COPY/VERSION YOU CAN BUY!!!!
on October 17, 2007
I saw Boulevard Nights in the late 80's, found it at my local movie rental place, rented it again several years later after that and to this day it still has that impact and feeling of what life was growing up in East Los back in the day.

The movie is down to the point, it does not get boring at all and me being a big chicano full of carnalismo vato, has to recommend this movie. Yeah you have the other titles like "American Me", "Bound By Honor" and "Mi Vida Loca", but this one is more like the early times before all that came into effect.

I'm still looking for this movie and at the same time waiting for it to be more readily available on DVD, I'll wait till then, but if you can find it, good luck.

A must see Vato.
on February 26, 2016
First and foremost I just gotta say delivery alone is the main reason I give them 5 stars. I received the item in 2 days. As for the DVD I was a bit hesitant to order after reading reviews about the quality but my copy had pretty good quality for being an older movie that's never been digitally remastered. As for the people complaining, maybe next you should do more research about the product before ordering. The WB Archive Collection website clearly states that their release of Boulevard Nights on DVD was NOT digitally remastered. Thanks again for the quick delivery and great copy of one of my favorite movies growing up. Would definitely order from this company again.
on May 3, 2015
I love this movie it was great and the plot was great. It reminds me of my past growing up in high school and protecting my little brother. It reminded me of growing up and defending myself and also what happens when you're in a gang.
on December 4, 2014
THE ORIGINAL GANGSTA FLICK FOR THE ":HOMEBOYS" CHOLO'S HOW IT IS AND TO THIS DAY IS STILL AS RAW AND REAL AS THE DAY IT WAS RELEASED, NOTHINGS REALLY CHANGED JUST THE YEARS!!
A MUST OWN, FOR YOUR "GANGSTA" COLLECTION!