The Bourne Identity [HD DVD]
DVD + HD DVD
• IMPORTANT NOTICE: This high-definition disc will only play in an HD DVD player. It will not play in a standard-definition DVD player, Blu-ray player, or PS3.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Racing to unlock the secret of his own identity, amnesiac operative Jason Bourne discovers the deadly truth: he's the government's number one target, a $30 million weapon it no longer trusts. Academy Award winner Matt Damon stars in this super-charged, thrill-a-minute spectacular loaded with "non-stop action!" (Bill Zwecker, FOX-TV)
Freely adapted from Robert Ludlum's 1980 bestseller, The Bourne Identity starts fast and never slows down. The twisting plot revs up in Zurich, where amnesiac CIA assassin Jason Bourne (Matt Damon), with no memory of his name, profession, or recent activities, recruits a penniless German traveler (Run Lola Run's Franka Potente) to assist in solving the puzzle of his missing identity. While his CIA superior (Chris Cooper) dispatches assassins to kill Bourne and thus cover up his failed mission, Bourne exercises his lethal training to leave a trail of bodies from Switzerland to Paris. Director Doug Liman (Go) infuses Ludlum's intricate plotting with a maverick's eye for character detail, matching breathtaking action with the humorous, thrill-seeking chemistry of Damon and Potente. Previously made as a 1988 TV movie starring Richard Chamberlain, The Bourne Identity benefits from the sharp talent of rising stars, offering intelligent, crowd-pleasing excitement from start to finish. --Jeff Shannon
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
Well,number one was very confusing. I don't know if the plot was deliberately confusing because of his amnesia, or was the author just trying to put us in the mindset/nightmare of the character. There was a little too much angst, which I found tedious and kept wanting it to get the point a little faster. There was definitely something missing. I felt absolutely no connection to any of the characters, it was as though we are seeing everything through some kind of dark veil. I posted this a full of surprises because there should have been another choice: Confusing. It just didn't make sense. i was very disappointed. There were too many points of view, and there were too many characters to keep up with in determining his fate. In the end, we still don't know who Bourne is or isn't.
I am a Jack Reacher fan, so this may be clouding my judgement. For you similar fans, you will know what I mean.
Most recent customer reviews
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > HD DVD
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Drama
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > HD DVDs