Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,820 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,407 reviews
on September 2, 2016
This is a love story with action! Although I needed to watch the Bourne movies to understand the premise for this movie, I wouldn't have called this a Bourne movie. It is all about Aaron Cross. This is a movie with a lot of storytelling; which I favor over pure action. Then, when Aaron and Marta finally team up, oh how I loved the subtly of their interactions as they became more and more to each other. (Well done, director and actors!) This entire movie is so well acted, even by the minor characters, that I enjoyed every personality that came on screen. I like a good story, and I like romance in my movies. I also like how Aaron is the one who knows how to protect Marta (love the action scenes), but that she is a full participant in helping how she can in their quest, and she is a smart and resourceful woman. Their partnership/attraction for each other (and Aaron protecting her, albeit out of self interest at first) is why I have watched this movie a few times now. The story and action is well done and interesting and new for me, but the "love story" is why I re-watch it.
on October 22, 2016
I was surprised and impressed at how good this was. The story is a spin-off of the original Jason Bourne stories and seems to be happening at the same time as events in the Bourne ultimatum. It has a good plot, good pacing, and a fine cast; I especially liked Renner and Weisz in the lead roles. The main character, Aaron Cross (Jeremy Renner), is a member of a black ops program called Operation Outcome, whose subjects are genetically enhanced. He must run for his life once former CIA Treadstone agent Bourne's actions lead to the public exposure of Operations Treadstone and its successor Blackbriar. When the CIA learns of a potentially explosive video of Treadstone's and Outcome's medical directors socializing together, they decide to cut their losses and close down the programs until the political heat cools. They begin assassinating the agents and scientists associated with the programs. At a biogenetics company supporting Outcome, researcher Dr. Donald Foite (Željko Ivanek) shoots and kills all but one of his colleagues in the research laboratory. Security guards break into the lab and shoot him, though he seemingly does not feel the pain of the gunshots. Foite turns his gun on himself, leaving biochemist Dr. Marta Shearing (Rachel Weisz) as the sole survivor. Agents later attempt to stage her suicide, but are stopped by Cross, who had tracked her down to help him acquire the chemicals he needs to retain his enhanced physical and mental conditioning. The two work together to save themselves.
on December 15, 2012
I confess I am addicted to this series of movies, but this one is quite different as it delves into the science behind the agents in the 'Program'. Don't expect Jeremy Renner to replace Matt Damon, as this is not the intent. Renner is quite a good actor in his own right, and has risen in the ranks of action stars recently, most notably as 'Hawkeye' in the Avengers. The Bourne Legacy starts slow, but picks up tempo quite quickly as it intertwines with the plot of the Bourne Ultimatum. There is a great supporting cast including Edward Norton and Rachel Weisz. The car chase is replaced by motorcycles, but in all a great follow up to the previous three movies. If you liked them, this will not disappoint.
33 comments| 168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2017
I suppose my thoughts on this film are heavily influenced by the prevailing thought that there will never be a true sequel with Renner, but I can't help but feel like this entry into the Bourne series was a rushed cash-grab. The film spends no less than 30 minutes to an hour doing a ridiculous amount of plot setup, only to try and bring things together in an underwhelming series of chases that result in absolutely no story resolution. As the film ends, so many questions remain unanswered, and as a viewer you feel as if you were just strung along for far too long only to be disappointed with a sequel-bait finale.
on July 20, 2016
A really good movie not MATT Damon but still a lot of action now I own all the movies except the new one coming out also have all on digital I always watch the blu ray movies but it's nice when I visit family and if they have not seen something I can work it off my phone or on there tv so I always have them with me and can't wait not much longer till the new Bourne movie
on April 20, 2017
The product arrived in good condition. As for the movie itself, I did like it, but I think I would have liked it more if it hadn't been a part of the Bourne franchise. The story was interesting enough on its own, but trying to tie it into what had taken place in previous Bourne movies just bogged it down, in my opinion. It didn't exceed my expectations, but it wasn't horrible either. All in all, I would say it's a decent action movie.
on May 24, 2017
Needed this Bourne episode to complete my collection.
Although it does not feature Matt Damon, it does pick up
on the previous episode and fills in the gaps. Very enjoyable
to watch and Jeremy Renner was top notch. Blu-ray disk had
no problems, sound and visuals were excellent.
on August 20, 2014
I love this addition to the Bourne series, but I'm not going to review the movie itself. That's what IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, and a bunch of other sites are for. I'm also not going to talk about the Blu-Ray's picture quality and sound. Both seemed terrific to me, but I don't have a fancy AV set-up and I'm not an AV aficionado.

I purchase DVDs/Blu-Rays, not just to watch the movies over again, but also for the extras, particularly commentary tracks, because I like hearing about the process of filmmaking. The commentary for The Bourne Legacy is one of the best I've heard -- informative and interesting. The track features six people -- director and co-writer Tony Gilroy, co-writer (and Tony's brother) Dan Gilroy, editor (and Tony's and Dan's other brother) John Gilroy, Robert Elswit (director of photography), Kevin Thompson (production designer), and Dan Bradley (second unit director).

While it can be hard to tell who's speaking at times during the commentary (hint: most of the time, it's Tony Gilroy), it doesn't really matter. The commentary covers most aspects of filmmaking, from writing the script to casting to location scouting to creation of sets to the actual filming. The filmmakers break down how key scenes were put together, melding shots from different locations filmed at different times into one. Tony Gilroy discusses his personal rules -- he doesn't believe in rehearsals; for the Bourne films, all shots should be from a character's point of view. All of the speakers are very complimentary of everyone else involved, so there's very little "dirt," but they do talk about difficulties they encounter -- bad weather, running out of daylight, locations not being available, actors simply being in the wrong mood for a scene. With six people on the commentary track, it's amazing that they don't talk over one another and that the narration is so coherent.

The Bourne Legacy's commentary track is a lesson in how a big-budget film is made and an eye-opening look at how complicated and expensive the process can be. Even as the commentary reveals how so many tricks are accomplished, it made me appreciate the "magic" of filmmaking even more.
on November 24, 2016
I have heard a lot of criticism on this movie but I didn't think it deserved it. I think they made a great movie...even without Jason Bourne in this one. It gave us a lot of information about how the Blackbriar program has changed. Loved the scene where he is being hunted by the missile armed drone. It's another one of my favorites. I wish I could give it 4.5 stars, but it doesn't deserve 5 stars because I think the story almost seems like an offshoot of the Bourne movies, and almost a completely stand-alone movie...and while related to Bourne, it almost seems like it's not part of the same series...just related.
I still love it though.
on July 12, 2015
Jeremy Renner is not as compelling as Matt Damon. This is partly because we've already seen Bourne in three films and the Bourne Ultimatum felt like the final film. But, notwithstanding my concerns, the Bourne Legacy turned out to be very entertaining. Like the other three Bourne films there is constant action. Also, this film had the able assistance of Rachel Weisz and Edward Norton as well as several other solid supporting actors. If you see it, keep your expectations to a minimum and they will be surpassed. This is a film you can see more than once and enjoy because there's so much going on in the action scenes, you pick up new details each time you watch.