Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 50 reviews
on March 31, 2010
I have a Canon Rebel digital camera. I usually only use one filter, a UV mainly as a lens protector.
If you don't give these a twist every once in awhile, they will get frozen to your lens.
I found this out many years ago after my filter got cracked and I had to replace it. I finally got it to loosen after wrapping a large rubber band around it for grip and was able to replace it.
A couple of months ago I noticed some smudges on my filter and decided to pull it off to give it a good cleaning. Once again, it was frozen in place. I was at the time in process of ordering some lens cap holders for the camera from Amazon and ran across these filter wrenches. They were inexpensive so I thought I would give them a try, a little more professional I felt than my old rubber band trick.
I was excited when they arrived and immediately put them to work getting my frozen filter off of my Canon lens.
I was very disapointed. Even though they have an inside ridged ring to wrap around the filter, they were inadequate to get enough grip to loosen the filter. After several attempts I finally went off in search of a large rubber band, which once again worked.
So these wrenches now reside in my camera bag, along with my large rubber band, which I am sure will come out first before the wrenches.
But for now, I am giving the filter and occasional twist so I may not need either one a long time!
on March 31, 2017
Broke the first time I tried to use them I would not recommend them
on December 27, 2013
FLIMSY, AND POORLY DESIGNED. I was unable to remove a stuck on filter with this wrench, too flimsy and not large enough to grab onto a 58mm filter and the "handle" you grab onto has teeth that are sharp and painful to put pressure on. Ended up using a dremel to cut some knotches into the filter to use another tool to remove.
on September 27, 2013
48-58 is the claimed size, but I have some 46's and these wrenches fit them too. Low cost, feather weight, work fine, take minimal space in the camera bag. The only question is: do you need them? I had a CPL I almost couldn't loosen a while back, so I decided I did.
on August 20, 2010
I bought this to remove a filter from a lens that i dropped - the filter had gotten dinged pretty good and was bent. I was hopeful that these would work to remove it but they didn't. I'm sure they work fine to remove filters that are just hard to get off - but don't buy them expecting them to remove a damaged filter that is crimped on the screw rings of the lens. Not saying they're a bad product, and i'll keep them in my camera bag to switch filters that are sticky from humidity, etc. But take your damaged stuck on filters to the camera shop - I broke my lens trying to get mine off.
on June 8, 2016
Good to have. My polarizer got stuck on my lens and I couldn't get it off myself. Using the wrench it only took a second. Just needed that extra bit of leverage.
on March 24, 2014
Little effort needed to remove the filter with this tool! I'm sure I will need it again, but I'm confident that with this tool my filters will come off safely and will no damage to my lens or the filters themselves.
on July 22, 2017
a ok
on December 21, 2013
It's going to happen. Your filter is going to get "stuck" on your camera. You're either going to get our a pair of pliers and ruin the frame on you filter, or you're going to use this. If you use it one, you've made your money back. If a friend uses it, they will be internally grateful to you.
on June 5, 2012
I thought maybe these would be a good to have in the camera bag, but they are not really doing what I thought they would. First, they are plastic, and do not grip the filter. Second, there is no way they will ever span a 58mm filter without snapping in half.

Save your money, and use a rubber jar opener pad from the kitchen supply store.