Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 187 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 196 reviews
on March 18, 2011
Love this product!! I just wish I had known about it earlier :)

1. Easy to apply
2. East to use
3. Gives you much needed wide angle shots
4. Magnetic strips work well
5. Even comes with lens covers and a small bag

XOXO
1010 comments| 281 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2010
Purchased this add-on wide angle lens to use in filming interior of real estate properties. The lens attachment, a steel ring that adheres to the front of the Flip Ultra lens area with self-stick adhesive, does not detract from the appearance of the camera. The lens appears to stay on well, though I haven't tried to jar the camera with the wide angle lens held on magnetically. In "normal" use, I don't think there would be any problem with it coming off.

My greatest disappointment was with the quality of the picture when using the lens. Without the lens, the Flip Ultra (3rd generation)Flip UltraHD Video Camera - Black, 8 GB, 2 Hours (3rd Generation) NEWEST MODEL takes wonderfully sharp HD video. With the wide-angle lens, the picture seems a bit blurred, a bit like filming through a bit of haze. The picture, though encompassing a wider view, is just a bit fuzzier, not as sharp. Though for my purposes the image is not unusable, it is still disappointing to have an HD picture that isn't sharp.

If you need a wider field of view, and if a loss of sharpness isn't a huge concern, this lens will do the job. But if you are only satisfied with perfectly sharp video, you may be a little disappointed with the results using this lens.
1111 comments| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2011
Video review by [...]

The Flip camera delivers HD video at a consumer-level price, but up till now, there have been no lenses available for the Flip. Enter the Bower 0.45x Wide Angle Magnetic Lens for Flip Cameras. It attaches magnetically to the Flip, and as you'll see in this video, it really improves the composition of shots, both at close range (2 to 3 feet from your subject), and at a distance.

We're your Production Guides, and we want to teach you all you need to know to make your own videos. Please come check us out online at [...] .
2626 comments| 217 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2011
If you are even thinking about getting this lens, I tell you now that it is worth every penny.

To my estimation, this is a quality lens built with the customer's needs in mind. This item comes with the .45x wide angle magnetic lens, which is crystal clear and greatly improves the amount of information the camera is able to capture. It also comes with two lens covers--one for the front of the lens and one for the back of it when not in use,--a leash which can be used to keep the lens attached to the flip camera even when not in use, a carrying pouch, and 3 adhesive rings (meaning you could share the lens between 3 cameras if you wanted to). However, the most unexpected addition to this fantastic little bundle is that the lens, which is actually composed of two lenses working together, can be unscrewed so that just the smaller of the two lenses is in use. The best part about this is that the smaller lens is itself a macro lens, which enables you to shoot objects very close to the lens in very high detail. It's absolutely amazing! So with just this lens, you can shoot even more of the objects which are far away, and you can shoot objects much closer than otherwise possible and in great detail. Really, what more could you want?

This is really such a fantastic product. The application was very easy (I used tweezers to delicately place, and then nudge, the magnetic metal ring to the perfect placement, since my fingers were too big and clumsy). I can't recommend this product enough. This one lens has turned a good video camera into the perfect video camera. According to the packaging, this fits the Ultra, Ultra HD, Mino, Mino HD, and Slide HD video cameras. I have the Mino HD and it fits perfectly.

I know that other people have mentioned that it's not the most secure setup, having the lens attach magnetically. Sure, if you jerked the camera forcefully it would fall off, but I think that the lens would be perfectly secure as long as you didn't, say, strap the camera to your helmet and film yourself skiing down a mountain or off-road dirt biking. For those extreme situations, I'd recommend taking the lens off, or at the very least making sure that the leash is attached so that, if it does fall off, it won't be lost to nature.

The video was recorded by me, and it shows all the components included and the difference between the .45x lens, the macro lens, and no lens.
on July 14, 2011
I was so happy to discover a wide angle lens was available for my Flip Mino HD. I used my Flip to record a fireworks display and wished more of the night sky was captured, then, voila! I found this lens. It is quite sturdy for being such a little lens. It isn't terribly heavy, but substantial. I was in my kitchen about 3 feet away from my kitchen table, and I viewed the table through the Flip lens. Without the lens, I could only see the table centerpiece. With the wide angle lens, I could see more of the table, the chair in one corner of the room and the wine refrigerator in the other corner! Can't argue that it widens the view. The lens has not fallen off and does not seem to be in jeopardy of doing so, I guess, unless I start doing calisthenics with it. It comes with a removeable silver ring attached to the under side of the lens where it would connect to the Flip lens magnetically. There are instructions to remove the sticky paper on the exposed side of the ring and place the sticky side of the ring on your Flip lens. Let it "cure" for 15 minutes. Once that is done, you can connect your Flip wide angle lens magnetically to your Flip. I followed the instructions and the lens has not fallen off nor does it seem loose. You just cannot lose with this wide angle lens if you own a Flip. But just make sure it is compatible with your Flip. I checked the Flip website to confirm compatibility.
I am by far no camera expert. So I don't know the difference between micros, macros or any other camera terminology. I just know how to point, shoot or record. I wanted to get a lens that would allow me to record video of a concert using a wide shot angle. This zens does that, but it also made the distance of the image further. I was hoping that it would not effect the zoom, but it did. This might be a great item for someone who is more interested in recording wider views of panoramic scenes or groups. The other down size was that I notice that lens had some real weight to it, and when I attempted to walk while using my Flip it would pop off. Thank goodness I tethered it to my Flip or otherwise the zens would of broken when it came off. The magnetic ring does not generate a strong enough hold.
on October 22, 2015
I bought this about 5 years ago now and it's still working great! I will buy another one if it every dies. The quality is HD and very good!! Turn on fast and records fast best for little
Kids
on October 17, 2015
Really great when video recording close ups without having the large head effect.
on March 30, 2017
Gonna want superglue with it so dope so doperpooper, I hate you all😲
review image
I didn't like this product. It adds too much bulk to the Flip and is a hassle to carry around, detracting from the whole point of having a small Flip camera to begin with. Also, while it does provide a wider angle, it distorts the image (especially near the edges) and the video quality of the Flip is already not that great as it is so this makes it worse.

Further, this lens is prone to falling off so you would need to be careful with it. The Flip by itself is so nice and you don't have to be as careful with it. This lens is also expensive for what it is.