Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Bowers & Wilkins PX Active Noise Cancelling Wirele..." and save 20% off the $399.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Bowers & Wilkins PX Active Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones Best-in-class Sound, Space Grey
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Bowers & Wilkins PERFORMANCE - PX draws on decades of Bowers & Wilkins design experience to take you to the very heart of the music with its breath-taking performance
- ADAPTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION - Perfect sound anywhere - on a plane, in the street or in the office. The best adaptive noise cancelling headphones, customizable to your exact preference.
- FEEL MORE OF YOUR MUSIC - Built with the same drive units from our P9 Signature headphones, the PX provides optimized listening performance. We have also subtly angled the drivers to provide a more natural stereo perspective.
- PX RESPONDS TO YOU - When you need to pause, lift an ear cup. Put PX down and it goes to sleep. Pick it up to resume playing. Worry less about your headphones and enjoy your music more.
- SMART POWER - With a 22-hour battery life, PX is always ready; put it down and it goes into power-saving sleep mode; pick it up and you're good to go. PX is the smartest Bluetooth headphone on the market.
- TO GET THE BEST FROM PX, install the latest version of the firmware. This is done via the dedicated Bowers & Wilkins Headphones app, downloadable for free from the AppStore or Google Play Store.
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of the order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity associated with the missing item.|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
About Bowers & Wilkins
Bowers & Wilkins products consistently set the benchmark for high-performance Hi-Fi, home cinema and personal sound. Bowers & Wilkins manufactures award-winning loudspeakers, headphones and Wireless Music Systems, and is also the audio system of choice for premium automotive manufacturers such as BMW and Maserati.
PX wireless headphones combines best-in-class sound with adaptive noise cancellation, 22-hour battery life and intelligent controls that respond naturally to your behavior, for a totally intuitive listening experience.
Included in the box:
- PX Headphones
- Auxiliary cable
- Protective pouch
- USB-A to USB-C cable
- Quick start bundle
The driving force of PX is a pair of bespoke Bowers & Wilkins drive units derived from the reference P9 Signature headphone. A fully digital headphone, PX uses the latest aptX HD Bluetooth transmission system at 24-bit resolution for a stunningly accurate performance.
Intuitive user experience
Put them on your head and they automatically switch on. Take them off and the music pauses and immediately goes into standby mode. Lift an ear cup or hang them around your neck and your music pauses for you.
Adaptive noise cancellation
PX’s adaptive noise canceling signal blocks out ambient sound without affecting the listening experience. With three environment filters, Flight, City and Office, plus customizable settings controlled through the companion app, PX always delivers optimum isolation, wherever you are.
Superior comfort and battery life
PX is lightweight and robust. The headphones fold flat so PX can slip easily into a slim bag. With 22 hours of wireless listening from one charge, PX won’t let you down.
Adaptive Noise Cancellation
Reduce city noise, but stay aware of what’s happening around you.
Block out engine noise during travel, and minimize cabin sounds.
Limit background noise and ambient sounds while being able to hear nearby discussions.
|PX||P9 Signature||P5 Wireless||P5 Series 2||P3 Series 2|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth aptX||Wired 3.5mm||Bluetooth aptX||Wired 3.5mm||Wired 3.5mm|
|Design||Wireless over ear||Over ear||Wireless on ear||On ear||On ear|
|Carrying case||Protective pouch||Protective pouch||Soft quilted pouch||Soft quilted pouch||Protective hard shell case|
|Bowers & Wilkins App||✓|
|Charge via USB||✓||✓|
|Ear pads||Leather with ballistic nylon outer||Leather||Leather||Leather||Leather|
|Drive units||2 x 40mm||2 x 40mm||2 x 40mm||2 x 40mm||2 x 30mm|
|Frequency range||10 Hz - 20 kHz||2 Hz - 30 kHz||10 Hz - 20 kHz||10 Hz - 20 kHz||10 Hz - 20 kHz|
Compare with similar items
Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II) Wireless Headphones, Noise Cancelling - Black
Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless – NoiseGard Adaptive Noise Cancelling, Bluetooth Headphone with Touch Sensitive Control and 30-Hour Battery Life
Sennheiser HD1 Wireless Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation - Black
P7 Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Bowers & Wilkins, Black
Bowers & Wilkins P9 Signature HiFi Over Ear Headphones, Wired, Italian Leather
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazing Dealzzz||Amazon.com||Sole Providers||Amazon.com||Milestone Tech (NO TAX)||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||6.89 x 2.95 x 7.87 in||3.2 x 6.7 x 7.1 in||5.91 x 3.15 x 7.87 in||7.5 x 4 x 9.9 in||15.35 x 11.81 x 14.17 in||11.42 x 6.69 x 8.66 in|
|Item Weight||0.79 lb||0.52 lb||7.76 ounces||0.58 lb||1.32 lbs||—|
|Additional Features||Motion-sensitive Play/Pause/Stand-by||Bluetooth, Lithium-ion battery||—||—||—||Angled drivers for realistic sound|
Introducing PX: headphones just got a lot more personal. PX isn't just a new headphone. We've created not just the best-sounding noise-cancelling headphones you've ever heard, but headphones that are so intelligently designed, and so responsive, you might forget you're wearing them at all.
With PX, everything just works in seamless harmony with your environment and the way you naturally listen to music.
Combine intuitive controls with a beautiful ergonomic design and best-in-class acoustic performance, and you have something unique: a set of wireless headphones that will transform how you experience and enjoy music.
• Adaptive noise cancelling
• Advanced Bluetooth 4.1 with aptX-HD for hi-res streaming
• Natural UI - Built-in sensors handle functions like stopping audio playback when you remove the headphones
• World class acoustics from 40mm full range drivers
• Premium materials and build quality
• Rechargeable battery (up to 22 hours of battery life)
• Mobile companion app for personalizing audio playback
• Inputs: 3.5mm stereo jack for optional wired playback
• USB-C (Audio, Battery charging, and Firmware update)
• Drive units: 40mm diameter
• Full Range Drivers Performance:2x 40mm full range
• Frequency Range 10Hz to 20kHz
• Impedance 22 ohms (passive)
• Distortion <0.3% (1kHz/10mW)
• Sensitivity 111 dB/V at 1kHz
• Dimensions: 2.95 in Deep 6.89 in Wide 7.87 in Tall
• Weight: 0.83 pounds
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First of all I'm a headphone collector. I have multiple high end examples of open backs, closed backs, several DAC & amp setups and wireless headphones. Note that I have the well regarded Sony 1000x wireless ANC headphones sitting right here to compare with the PX. Now should you buy these B&W PX Wireless ANC (Active Noise Canceling) headphones?..... Maybe, depends on your priorities.
1. Sound Quality Potential: The PX were designed to sound their best with the ANC off. I have to say they sound wonderful with ANC off. They are possibly the BEST sounding wireless headphones on the market (with ANC off). They also have very strong isolation, naturally with their closed-back design and tightly sealing leather ear cups.
2. Active Noise Canceling: The PX have 3 ANC modes: Office, City, Flight.
- Office mode is the lightest ANC and sounds pretty great. In the mobile app you can customize whether or not you want to pass-through the voices of people near you. Office mode works great in the office, coffee shop, or at home. I've been using Office mode when ever I'm not in a quiet listening situation. In Office mode the PX blocks out a lot (slight ANC+good seal/isolation) and still sounds better than my Sony 1000x.
- City mode and Flight mode are much stronger amounts of ANC and these modes prioritize the noise cancelling over the sound quality. These modes do not sound as good. Sitting here at my desk they sound pretty awful but what would be the point of playing these headphones in FLIGHT mode while not on a plane? ***UPDATE*** I've taken a trip with the PX now. Office mode is perfect for around the airport. The Flight mode is good on the plane. It's not as effective at canceling the plane noise as the QC35 or 1000x but better than over-ear cans without ANC.
3. Wireless Features: I love that the PX turn on automatically when you take them out of your bag and put them on. I love that the PX pause automatically when you take them off (to talk to someone) and resume playing instantly when you put them back on. I also like the actual buttons on the PX for next, back and volume up/down. Comparatively the Sony 1000x and B&O H9 have complex touch/swipe controls that I have found to be a hot mess. BT range is great and battery life is fantastic.
4. Comfort: The Sony 1000x and Bose offerings might be slightly more comfortable for all-day wearing. I do not mind the weight, ear cups or headband of the B&W PX. I also own the B&W P7 and P9 units and can tell you they get more comfortable over time.
Conclusions: If your priority is music sound quality in wireless headphones for home, office, library, while also occasionally needing ANC... BUY THESE. If you prioritize noise canceling above all else because you fly all the time, work at the airport, or mow lawns professionally maybe you should buy the Sony 1000x or Bose QuietComfort 35. For me these are what I want in wireless cans and will sell the 1000x.
When I first received these they sounded very plain with the bass being extremely pale, however, the sound stage was phenomenal. I was ready to return these but kept forgetting to bring the box to the post office for about a week and boy I'm glad I didn't.
I kept using these on and off during the week and the sound just kept on improving. I'm not an audiophile kind of listener but towards the end of the week they sounded better than my P5, on par with my P7 but offer better connectivity and they provide a more precise listening experience than my B&O cans. I am particularly impressed by how they were able to provide an astonishing amount of details compared to my B&O H8, my current everyday headphones.
Overall, I think these are great headphones but in my humble opinion, do need time to be broken-in.
There are a few caveats. Some tracks sound better than others. Music with stereo separation shines on the PX's impressively wide soundstage, while more evenly split production only sounds "really good."
It sounded great streamed from all sources, but the best with Tidal Hi-Fi on an LG V30 that uses the AptX HD codec.
The noise cancelling is very close to Bose's and Sony's, but perhaps behind by a hair. Like the P7 Wireless, the ear pads give you good isolation, even with NC turned off.
The audio quality does diminish a little with every extra degree of noise cancelling you add. I recommend leaving NC off when you can get away with it. It still sounds plenty good, though, in the strongest NC mode.
Like another reviewer, I've had problems with the wear sensor feature when wearing glasses, so turn it off if you wear specs. On the whole the feature is buggy, and the reason for most of the negative reviews on here. I just turned it off and forgot about it.
I love the PX's look and premium materials. It's not the most comfortable pair of headphones, falling behind the Sony 1000X and Bose QC35 in that respect. It feels acceptable enough with glasses, but I've yet to find any headphones that make me completely forget I have glasses on.
If you listen almost exclusively in loud environments or prioritize comfort, then you're better off with the Sony WH1000XM2 – the PX's only rival for best in class. But for those wanting the very best audio, treat yourself to the PX. Paired with the right sources (especially lossless files, source device with Apt-X HD codec, lots of stereo separation), it's going to take your favorite music and bring out details you didn't know it had.
Most recent customer reviews
I come from a bluetooth bose soundlink and a sony mdrxb950n1, just so that the background for my comparison is clear.Read more
They are very comfortable to wear and they don't make your ears sweat.Read more