Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 Hi-Fi Computer Speakers with Built-in DAC, Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- TRUE HIFI COMPUTER SPEAKERS - The MM-1 brings true hi-fi quality sound to your desktop for the first time, giving your computer the audio it deserves
- NEAR-FIELD SWEET SPOT - The MM-1 computer audio speakers are designed to have a near-field sweet spot, meaning the best sound is a few feet from your monitor - right where you're sitting
- BUILT-IN DAC FOR QUALITY SOUND - Stream audio directly from your computer via USB, which converts the signal from digital to analog internally. The MM-1 also feature an aux line-in socket for connecting other devices.
- FULL-RANGE SOUND - Most computer speakers have just one drive unit to handle all frequencies. MM-1 has two drivers, one dedicated to bass and midrange frequencies and another for treble. It sounds like a Hi-Fi speaker, because it is one.
- 2 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY - Bowers & Wilkins' MM1 Hi-Fi Speakers come with a 2-year limited warranty only when purchased from an authorized dealer including Amazon.com (indicated by ships from and sold by Amazon.com). Please Note: Kindly refer the Instructional Video before use.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
MM-1 Computer Speakers
MM-1s aren’t like other computer speakers. They’re true hi-fi speakers, shrunk to fit on your desktop.
The award-winning MM-1
Masters of sound
Bowers & Wilkins is an audio company with nearly five decades of experience creating the loudspeaker systems that world-leading recording studios like Abbey Road depend upon.
Built with attention to detail and craftsmanship, MM-1s transform your computer into a Hi-Fi sound system, using technology taken from some of the best-sounding studio speakers in the world. To match the most stylish of desktop environments, they look great too.
- What's in the box?
- MM-1 (pair)
- Remote control
- 3.5mm to 3.5mm
- USB cable
- Power supply unit
- Power cable
- Literature pack
MM-1s have distinct bass/midrange and treble drivers. That's why they can deliver the accuracy of a true hi-fi speaker.
MM-1s are designed to deliver the best sound just where you are – a few feet from the computer screen.
High End Technology
MM-1s may be compact, but they still use the tube-loading technology we first developed for our famous Nautilus speakers.
Ready for anything
Your computer is a versatile performer, happy to swap between many roles. So your computer speakers should be just as versatile. Elegant connectivity and intelligent, intuitive design features help ensure MM-1 is ready for practically anything. It works with both Mac and PC computers and features an aux line-in socket for connecting other devices.
There’s an art to producing big sounds from small speakers. Digital Signal Processing (DSP) constantly adjusts sound balance to keep bass effects powerful and music sounding rich and detailed, no matter how loud you play it.
Built in DAC
Unlike most computer monitors, MM-1 takes audio straight from USB and handles digital to analogue conversion itself. This cuts out the soundcard, so you'll always get the best audio quality, independent of the computer output.
|Connectivity||USB, AUX||AirPlay, Dock||AirPlay||Bluetooth with aptX|
|Drive units||2x 75mm (3.0 in) woofers 2x 25mm (1.0 in) tweeter||2x 1" Nautilus tube aluminium tweeter 2x 3" Midrange 1x 5" Subwoofer||2x 1" Nautilus tube aluminium tweeter 2x 3" Midrange 1x 6" Subwoofer||2x 2" Full range 2 x Auxiliary Bass Radiators (ABR)|
|Amplifier power output||4 x 18W||2x 25W (tweeter) 2x 25W (midrange) 1x 50W (subwoofer)||2x 25W (tweeter) 2x 25W (midrange) 1x 50W (subwoofer)||2 x 12W|
|Dimensions HWD||6.7" x 4" x 4"||6.8" x 25.2" x 8.2"||8.7" x 14.2" x 6.3"||4.5" x 8.25" x 2.125"|
|Inputs||3.5mm mini jack analogue Mini USB B 2.0 for PC connection: Streaming & software upgrades||Pod / iPhone (30-pin connector or Lightning connector) Network (RJ45 Ethernet or Wi-Fi) Auxiliary - analogue / optical digital (3.5mm mini jack)||Network (RJ45 Ethernet or Wi-Fi) Auxiliary - analogue / optical digital (3.5mm mini jack) Streaming, synchronization & firmware upgrades (USB 2.0)||Auxiliary - analogue (stereo 3.5mm jack) Service - firmware updates only (micro USB)|
Compare with similar items
Bose Companion 2 Series III Multimedia Speakers - for PC (with 3.5mm AUX & PC input)
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System (Black)
Audioengine A2+ Black (Pr.) 2-way Powered Speaker System
Audioengine A5+ Active 2-Way Speakers (Black)
Bose Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System – Graphite/Silver
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Amazon.com||Classy Outfit||WORLD WIDE STEREO||GRAMOPHONE||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||9.6 x 13.1 x 9.4 in||3.1 x 5.9 x 7.5 in||0.85 x 0.42 x 0.57 in||5.25 x 4 x 6 in||7 x 7.75 x 10.75 in||10.5 x 19.7 x 15.5 in|
|Item Weight||1.87 lbs||5.1 lbs||2.09 lbs||6.61 lbs||25 lbs||—|
True Hi-Fi speakers, shrunk to fit on your desktop.
MM-1 speakers are not like other computer monitors. Built with attention to detail and craftsmanship, they transform your computer into a Hi-Fi sound system, using technology taken from some of the best-sounding studio speakers in the world. To match the most stylish of desktop environments, they look great too. The perfect companion for desktops or laptops, enjoy your computer audio as never before.
There’s an art to producing big sounds from small speakers. Digital Signal Processing (DSP) constantly adjusts sound balance to keep bass effects powerful and music sounding rich and detailed, no matter how loud you play it. Along with built-in DSP, the MM-1 takes audio straight from USB and handles digital to analog conversion itself. This cuts out the soundcard, so you'll always get the best audio quality, independent of the computer output.
Computers belong at the heart of your home and at the heart of your home entertainment. Today's PCs and Macs are used to store and stream movies, high-resolution music and more. MM-1 comes in a small package but it brings true Hi-Fi quality sound to your desktop, so the multimedia content from your computer sounds its very best.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I recently read some reviews that the MM-1s are no longer the best speakers, and many options exist for 1/2 the price .... This is not true.
If you decide against the MM1's or if you need sound that will fill a big room I would suggest the AudioEngine A5+ with the AudioEngine D1 DAC ...without this DAC the music field will be greatly lacking if you're used to quality music. You can also add the AE S8 SUB so this can be a fantastic package, and lots more money than the MM1's.
I recently put together a system to test: JBL LSR 305's with an Audio Interface 2i2 DAC ... these speakers sounded great but were HUGE and at low volumes they sounded boring ... you had to crank them up HIGH to get the amazing feel, and not all songs sounded = as good. The MM1's trounced them and after factoring in the speakers, dac, wiring, and speaker stands, cost a lot less.
If your budget is $100 get the Bose Companion 2's.
If you're looking for the best Quality Sound and enjoy hearing instruments and beautiful music the MM1's are my pick!
If you want to throw parties and need music that fills a house and shakes it get the AE A5+ with D1 DAC and S8 Sub.
The MM1's for me are perfect .. Elegant looks, amazing sound, small size, remote control, and like all high quality products they hold their value year after year ....
You want over pumped base, fine... go with Bose, I agree. Less expensive and nothing like a mindless thumping beat. ...I dunno if that is something you want while sitting in front of your Mac/PC hours on. You want to hear your music like you've never heard it before? Go with these. Be patient though... It took me a good month to find the right position for the speakers. ...and inches literally mattered, but in the end totally worth it.
These were a gift to myself for a $hitload of hard work and I do not in ANY way regret the purchase. After hearing these speakers I actually went and got their C5 S2 in-ear headphones when my others were stolen. No regrets there either. A pain in the ass to put in your ear... but wow the sound! I thought my Klipsch were awesome. They were, these are awesomer.
1. The system looks nice and is easy to setup. The only thing I did not like about the looks is the power brick! Where do you hid the darn thing?
2. The speaker cord that connects the two speakers together could stand to be a bit longer for a desktop installation. It allows about 5 feet, but if you are working with a newer desk design, that can be a little on the short side.
3. The USB cord is good and you can always get extensions or longer cables if you need it. An example would be if your desk is against a wall and you want to put the speakers up on shelves. In that case, the included USB might not be long enough, but again, it is easily extended.
4. Fit and Finish of the unit is superb!! The cables all enter the speakers on the bottom and there is a slot cut into the speaker for the cable to enter. The connectors are all on the bottom and hidden from view. The result is a very clean line!!
5. Great, now what about sound? Be prepared for an exceptional experience!!!!!! That being said, I would first caution you to find your equalizer on iTunes (if you are using a MAC) and make adjustments there for pre-amp and for acoustics that you like. Once you have done that, these speakers will be amazing! While configured to perform best a few feet in front of the speakers, they will also fill a very large room with incredible sound!!!! If you do not adjust the equalizer, you may not be pleased because you probably have the bass turned up high to compensate for the MAC speakers and that will give you very muddied sound.
6. The included remote is well designed and ergonomic for holding. I have read the complaints about the remote no a desktop, but it was NOT designed to be operated while it is on the desktop! It was designed to be held in your hand and used! As such the buttons are well placed and the unit is very comfortable.
7. The remote will advance the tracks on your play list, pause the music, restart the music, mute the sound, adjust sound levels, and turn the unit on or off. If you use the USB connection and then go in to your System Preferences and Select the MM-1 units, it will then use the MM-1 unit when it is powered on and the internal speakers when it is not powered on!!
8. Registering is accomplished by going online and entering in your serial number! So, use your phone to take a picture of the bottom of the main unit where the serial number and other information is at. That way you will always have it and do not need to pick-up the speaker to get the information. Also, if you cannot read the fine print, taking a picture allows you to easily expand the picture to be able to read it with ease!!
9. Buying from Amazon Warehouse is an incredible deal!! Getting more than $100 off is a VERY nice touch!! I purchased the unit that stated the box will be damaged and no other listing of problems. The units were perfect in every way and the damage to the box was the fact that it had been opened!
I am VERY pleased with my purchase and would highly recommend it if you want incredible sound from your computer!!!!