Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Bowers & Wilkins Recertified Zeppelin Air with Air..." and save 41% off the $599.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Bowers & Wilkins Recertified Zeppelin Air with AirPlay (30-Pin iPod Dock)
- B&W recertified products have been tested and updated to ensure they meet Bowers & Wilkins high quality standards. All recertified products come with a two-year warranty.
- Apple’s AirPlay technology lets you stream music wirelessly from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or PC.
- Zeppelin Air with 30pin connector’s dock is compatible with iPhone 4S, 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone, iPod touch, (4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st generations) iPod classic and iPod nano (6th,5th, 4th, 3rd and 2nd generations).
- Supported by Bowers & Wilkins' free Control app for easy setup.
- Bowers & Wilkins' Zeppelin Air comes with a 2-year limited warranty only when purchased from an authorized dealer including Amazon.com (indicated by ships from and sold by Amazon.com).
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Zeppelin Air from Bowers & Wilkins
Masters of sound
Bowers & Wilkins is an audio company with nearly five decades of experience creating the loudspeaker systems that world-leading recording studios like Abbey Road depend upon.
The complete AirPlay iPhone dock
Zeppelin Air is the complete speaker dock, making your music sound richer and more lifelike than you’ve ever heard it before. And with a choice of models with 30-pin connector or Lightning connector for compatibility with the latest generation of iPhones and iPods, and Apple’s AirPlay wireless streaming technology built in, you can play it however and wherever you like.
- What's in the box?
- Zeppelin Air
- Remote control
- Power cable
- Literature pack
Advanced acoustic technology and a unique sound-dispersing design puts you right at the heart of the musical performance.
Music How You Like It
Play music wirelessly from your computer, iPhone or iPad, or even from your favourite apps. How you play is up to you.
Our AirPlay set-up app walks you through the simple steps to connect to your Wi-Fi and manage your settings, all wirelessly.
Zeppelin Air marks a seismic shift in audio quality for speaker docks. Forget tinny treble and feeble bass: play a track through Zeppelin Air, and you'll feel as though you're right at the heart of the performance. From the lightest brush of a cymbal to the mightiest bass line – it's all there, just as the artist and sound engineer intended you to hear it.
Zeppelin Air (Lightning Connector)
Zeppelin Air (30-pin Connector)
|Connectivity||AirPlay or Dock||AirPlay or Dock||AirPlay||AirPlay||Bluetooth w/ aptX|
|Drive units||2x 1" Nautilus tube aluminium tweeter 2x 3" Midrange 1x 5" Subwoofer||2x 1" Nautilus tube aluminium tweeter 2x 3" Midrange 1x 5" Subwoofer||2x 1" Nautilus tube aluminium tweeter 2x 3" Midrange 1x 6" Subwoofer||2x 1" Nautilus tube aluminium tweeter 2x 4" Mid and low range||2x 2" Full range 2 x Auxiliary Bass Radiators (ABR)|
|Amplifier power output||2x 25W (tweeter) 2x 25W (midrange) 1x 50W (subwoofer)||2x 25W (tweeter) 2x 25W (midrange) 1x 50W (subwoofer)||2x 25W (tweeter) 2x 25W (midrange) 1x 50W (subwoofer)||2x 20W (tweeter) 2x 20W (midrange)||2 x 12W|
|Dimensions||6.8" x 25.2" x 8.2"||6.8" x 25.2" x 8.2"||8.7" x 14.2" x 6.3"||7.1" x 11.8" x 4.7"||4.5" x 8.25" x 2.125"|
|Inputs||iPod / iPhone (30-pin connector or Lightning connector) Network (RJ45 Ethernet or Wi-Fi) Auxiliary - analogue / optical digital (3.5mm mini jack)||iPod / iPhone (30-pin connector or Lightning connector) Network (RJ45 Ethernet or Wi-Fi) Auxiliary - analogue / optical digital (3.5mm mini jack)||Network (RJ45 Ethernet or Wi-Fi) Auxiliary - analogue / optical digital (3.5mm mini jack) Streaming, synchronization & firmware upgrades (USB 2.0)||Network (RJ45 Ethernet or Wi-Fi) Auxiliary - analogue (3.5mm mini jack)||Auxiliary - analogue (stereo 3.5mm jack) Service - firmware updates only (micro USB)|
Zeppelin Air with 30pin connector's dock is compatible with iPhone 4S, 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone, iPod touch, (4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st generations) iPod classic and iPod nano (6th,5th, 4th, 3rd and 2nd generations).
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Any scratches or tears in the fabric. None. The product looks brand new.
2. Any issues upgrading the firmware to the current level. None. Did this on a Windows 8.1 64bit system.
3. Remote control. Looks perfect. Works perfectly.
4. Sound with IPhone 4s at 7.0.4. Sounds great, no issues.
5. Air Play. No issues. Honestly, I will not be using this because of the Bluetooth setup I have for this.
6. Bluetooth capability with receiver. I connected the "9to5Cables Ultra Gold Plated Toslink to Mini Plug Digital Optical Audio Cable" to the "Nyrius Songo Tap Wireless Bluetooth aptX NFC Music (BR51)". This works great. I'm able to use the Zeppelin Air with my PC or any of my Bluetooth devices. I compared the sound for both the Bluetooth and Airplay and didn't hear much of a difference. And yes, I know Bluetooth audio is compressed and Airplay is not. Also, my PC motherboard Gigabyte OC Force has an outstanding Bluetooth 4.0 card.
7. Aesthetics. The Zeppelin Air is stunning.
8. I recommend this speaker, especially if you get this on sale. It's totally worth it. Try Bluetooth on this, you will be surprised!
9. Also, this blows my Beats by Dr. Dre out of the water. Both purchases were sales for $299.
10. Did the wireless setup for the Air Play using my IPAD Air and the B & W Control App. Did have to reset the Zeppelin but was smooth sailing after that. The APP detailed exactly what to do......
11. I'm using both Air Play for my IPAD AIR and the AUX (Bluetooth) for my PC audio. This is really a functional and Beautiful speaker.
set-up is easy enough -- I ended up using it with an apple-airport express since my old-apple tv (with a hard drive) does not stream to the zepplin but it streams to an airport express. As an aside, this is another way that Apple is slowly but surely pissing off its customers; apple has some great products but its habit of abandoning products even 2-3 years old is very irritating. I love my old apple tv since it has a hard drive where I can store all my music and stream directly from there without opening my computer. When I bought the zepplin air I assumed I will be able to stream directly from my old apple tv to the zepplin air, however apple has not updated the airplay software on the old apple tv and thus i can only stream to the zepplin air from itunes, my iphone and ipad.
Setup was easy, once I viewed the step-by-step video by B&W. It was true that it takes a couple of hours of play to settle (various little sounds) the pipes/speakers, but once they settle, it is a concert-like experience in your own home. I tried various genres from classical, Hawaiian, rock/pop, to electronic, and they all sounded fantastic. Airplay is wonderful and really easy to use with any Apple device or iTunes. I use my iPhone, iPod touch, Gateway PC w/iTunes, and the lady's iPad 2. You can attach all the apple devices mentioned on the handle to play music and display (album art), videos, including youtube and movies on my devices. Also, it charges the device at the same time.
Buy it! If you have some extra funds or need a couple of months to pay it off. It's an investment of time. Your time, your enjoyment, your happiness. Music is life and we should all appreciate it with the best sound. You deserve it, this time. It'll enhance your life, trust me.
Attn: All potential New York (or any big city) buyers of Zeppelin Air. First do a speed check on your download speed in the actual location of any Wireless AirPlay Speaker unit. (speedtest.net for example) I returned 2 B&W AirPlay products because they repeatedly cut out. Turned out my reception (in spite of 4 bars) was ridiculous. Routers really degrade download speed. Only when I switched to Apple Extreme and 2 Express bumpers did I get sufficient download speed to support the AirPlay. It is a terrific machine, just needs to get gas in the tank. Hint: if your set up is difficult, it might be a network problem, not an issue with the B&W AirPlay.
Most recent customer reviews
Except that It was perfect !
2. Covering tweeters could help in balancing the sound.
Smears anything Bose makes..Read more