Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Bowers & Wilkins Recertified Zeppelin Air with Air..." and save 41% off the $599.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Bowers & Wilkins Recertified Zeppelin Air with AirPlay (30-Pin iPod Dock)
- B&W recertified products have been tested and updated to ensure they meet Bowers & Wilkins high quality standards. All recertified products come with a two-year warranty.
- Apple’s AirPlay technology lets you stream music wirelessly from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or PC.
- Zeppelin Air with 30pin connector’s dock is compatible with iPhone 4S, 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone, iPod touch, (4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st generations) iPod classic and iPod nano (6th,5th, 4th, 3rd and 2nd generations).
- Supported by Bowers & Wilkins' free Control app for easy setup.
- Bowers & Wilkins' Zeppelin Air comes with a 2-year limited warranty only when purchased from an authorized dealer including Amazon.com (indicated by ships from and sold by Amazon.com).
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Zeppelin Air from Bowers & Wilkins
Masters of sound
Bowers & Wilkins is an audio company with nearly five decades of experience creating the loudspeaker systems that world-leading recording studios like Abbey Road depend upon.
The complete AirPlay iPhone dock
Zeppelin Air is the complete speaker dock, making your music sound richer and more lifelike than you’ve ever heard it before. And with a choice of models with 30-pin connector or Lightning connector for compatibility with the latest generation of iPhones and iPods, and Apple’s AirPlay wireless streaming technology built in, you can play it however and wherever you like.
- What's in the box?
- Zeppelin Air
- Remote control
- Power cable
- Literature pack
Advanced acoustic technology and a unique sound-dispersing design puts you right at the heart of the musical performance.
Music How You Like It
Play music wirelessly from your computer, iPhone or iPad, or even from your favourite apps. How you play is up to you.
Our AirPlay set-up app walks you through the simple steps to connect to your Wi-Fi and manage your settings, all wirelessly.
Zeppelin Air marks a seismic shift in audio quality for speaker docks. Forget tinny treble and feeble bass: play a track through Zeppelin Air, and you'll feel as though you're right at the heart of the performance. From the lightest brush of a cymbal to the mightiest bass line – it's all there, just as the artist and sound engineer intended you to hear it.
|Zeppelin Air (Lightning Connector)||Zeppelin Air (30-pin Connector)||A7||A5||T7|
|Connectivity||AirPlay or Dock||AirPlay or Dock||AirPlay||AirPlay||Bluetooth w/ aptX|
|Drive units||2x 1" Nautilus tube aluminium tweeter 2x 3" Midrange 1x 5" Subwoofer||2x 1" Nautilus tube aluminium tweeter 2x 3" Midrange 1x 5" Subwoofer||2x 1" Nautilus tube aluminium tweeter 2x 3" Midrange 1x 6" Subwoofer||2x 1" Nautilus tube aluminium tweeter 2x 4" Mid and low range||2x 2" Full range 2 x Auxiliary Bass Radiators (ABR)|
|Amplifier power output||2x 25W (tweeter) 2x 25W (midrange) 1x 50W (subwoofer)||2x 25W (tweeter) 2x 25W (midrange) 1x 50W (subwoofer)||2x 25W (tweeter) 2x 25W (midrange) 1x 50W (subwoofer)||2x 20W (tweeter) 2x 20W (midrange)||2 x 12W|
|Dimensions||6.8" x 25.2" x 8.2"||6.8" x 25.2" x 8.2"||8.7" x 14.2" x 6.3"||7.1" x 11.8" x 4.7"||4.5" x 8.25" x 2.125"|
|Inputs||iPod / iPhone (30-pin connector or Lightning connector) Network (RJ45 Ethernet or Wi-Fi) Auxiliary - analogue / optical digital (3.5mm mini jack)||iPod / iPhone (30-pin connector or Lightning connector) Network (RJ45 Ethernet or Wi-Fi) Auxiliary - analogue / optical digital (3.5mm mini jack)||Network (RJ45 Ethernet or Wi-Fi) Auxiliary - analogue / optical digital (3.5mm mini jack) Streaming, synchronization & firmware upgrades (USB 2.0)||Network (RJ45 Ethernet or Wi-Fi) Auxiliary - analogue (3.5mm mini jack)||Auxiliary - analogue (stereo 3.5mm jack) Service - firmware updates only (micro USB)|
Compare to similar items
This item Bowers & Wilkins Recertified Zeppelin Air with AirPlay (30-Pin iPod Dock)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||LEVER8626||MJ&G - No Sales Tax|
|Item Dimensions||12 x 28 x 11.6 in||9.5 x 13 x 9 in||6 x 10.13 x 8.5 in||7.19 x 13.13 x 8.13 in|
|Item Weight||—||7.82 lbs||2.43 lbs||4.41 lbs|
Zeppelin Air with 30pin connector's dock is compatible with iPhone 4S, 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone, iPod touch, (4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st generations) iPod classic and iPod nano (6th,5th, 4th, 3rd and 2nd generations).
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've gotten it to work on a few occasions, but most of the time it just reports that it's connected and doesn't have any actual audio.
On plenty of occasions I will select multiple outputs in iTunes and just include the Zeppelin for the hell of it (Let's see if it wants to work today!) and then I will be listening to music for a few hours and suddenly it comes to life and joins the party. For how long, we never know.
The technical support is virtually nonexistent. I am fairly sure I have a defective device but I was unable to return it or get any kind of quality help from B&W whatsoever. What's worse is I've talked to other people both online and IRL that have the same exact problem, so I know I'm not a unique case.
Way to support your product, guys. Bravo.
Don't buy this unless you're interested in a really expensive paperweight.
1. Any scratches or tears in the fabric. None. The product looks brand new.
2. Any issues upgrading the firmware to the current level. None. Did this on a Windows 8.1 64bit system.
3. Remote control. Looks perfect. Works perfectly.
4. Sound with IPhone 4s at 7.0.4. Sounds great, no issues.
5. Air Play. No issues. Honestly, I will not be using this because of the Bluetooth setup I have for this.
6. Bluetooth capability with receiver. I connected the "9to5Cables Ultra Gold Plated Toslink to Mini Plug Digital Optical Audio Cable" to the "Nyrius Songo Tap Wireless Bluetooth aptX NFC Music (BR51)". This works great. I'm able to use the Zeppelin Air with my PC or any of my Bluetooth devices. I compared the sound for both the Bluetooth and Airplay and didn't hear much of a difference. And yes, I know Bluetooth audio is compressed and Airplay is not. Also, my PC motherboard Gigabyte OC Force has an outstanding Bluetooth 4.0 card.
7. Aesthetics. The Zeppelin Air is stunning.
8. I recommend this speaker, especially if you get this on sale. It's totally worth it. Try Bluetooth on this, you will be surprised!
9. Also, this blows my Beats by Dr. Dre out of the water. Both purchases were sales for $299.
10. Did the wireless setup for the Air Play using my IPAD Air and the B & W Control App. Did have to reset the Zeppelin but was smooth sailing after that. The APP detailed exactly what to do......
11. I'm using both Air Play for my IPAD AIR and the AUX (Bluetooth) for my PC audio. This is really a functional and Beautiful speaker.
I was truly blown away by the sound. It would be unfiar to compare this speaker to the aforementioned speakers, I'll just stay I took the Bose back. Many reviewers have mentioned how difficult it is to set this puppy up using the included instructions and I will have to agree. What bogles my mind is why B&W does not include instructions on how to set this up using their own app. If you search Apple's app store for "Bowers & Wilkins AirPlay Setup," you will be able to download the app and allow for airplay in under five minutes. I've done this with my iPhone 4, iPad 2 and new iPad; they all work great.
You can still dock your iDevice and use the included controller to change songs, volume levels, etc. So, save yourself a headache and just use the app to setup.
Setup was easy, once I viewed the step-by-step video by B&W. It was true that it takes a couple of hours of play to settle (various little sounds) the pipes/speakers, but once they settle, it is a concert-like experience in your own home. I tried various genres from classical, Hawaiian, rock/pop, to electronic, and they all sounded fantastic. Airplay is wonderful and really easy to use with any Apple device or iTunes. I use my iPhone, iPod touch, Gateway PC w/iTunes, and the lady's iPad 2. You can attach all the apple devices mentioned on the handle to play music and display (album art), videos, including youtube and movies on my devices. Also, it charges the device at the same time.
Buy it! If you have some extra funds or need a couple of months to pay it off. It's an investment of time. Your time, your enjoyment, your happiness. Music is life and we should all appreciate it with the best sound. You deserve it, this time. It'll enhance your life, trust me.
Most recent customer reviews
2. Covering tweeters could help in balancing the sound.
Smears anything Bose makes..Read more