Bowers & Wilkins PX Wireless Headphones, Noise Cancelling, Soft Gold
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Bowers & Wilkins Performance - PX draws on decades of Bowers & Wilkins design experience to take you to the very heart of the music with its breath-taking performance
- Adaptive Noise Cancellation - Perfect sound anywhere - on a plane, in the street or in the office. The best adaptive noise cancelling headphones, customizable to your exact preference.
- Feel More of Your Music - Built with the same drive units from our P9 Signature headphones, the PX provides optimized listening performance. We have also subtly angled the drivers to provide a more natural stereo perspective.
- PX Responds to You - When you need to pause, lift an ear cup. Put PX down and it goes to sleep. Pick it up to resume playing. Worry less about your headphones, and enjoy your music more.
- Smart Power - With a 22-hour battery life, PX is always ready; put it down and it goes into power-saving sleep mode; pick it up and you're good to go. PX is the smartest Bluetooth headphone on the market.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
About Bowers & Wilkins
Bowers & Wilkins products consistently set the benchmark for high-performance Hi-Fi, home cinema and personal sound. Bowers & Wilkins manufactures award-winning loudspeakers, headphones and Wireless Music Systems, and is also the audio system of choice for premium automotive manufacturers such as BMW and Maserati.
PX wireless headphones combines best-in-class sound with adaptive noise cancellation, 22-hour battery life and intelligent controls that respond naturally to your behavior, for a totally intuitive listening experience.
Included in the box:
- PX Headphones
- Auxiliary cable
- Protective Pouch
- USB-A to USB-C cable
- Quick start bundle
The driving force of PX is a pair of bespoke Bowers & Wilkins drive units derived from the reference P9 Signature headphone. A fully digital headphone, PX uses the latest aptX HD Bluetooth transmission system at 24-bit resolution for a stunningly accurate performance.
Intuitive user experience
Put them on your head and they automatically switch on. Take them off and the music pauses and immediately goes into standby mode. Lift an ear cup or hang them around your neck and your music pauses for you.
Adaptive noise cancellation
PX’s adaptive noise canceling signal blocks out ambient sound without affecting the listening experience. With three environment filters, Flight, City and Office, plus customizable settings controlled through the companion app, PX always delivers optimum isolation, wherever you are.
Superior comfort and battery life
PX is lightweight and robust. The headphones fold flat so PX can slip easily into a slim bag. With 22 hours of wireless listening from one charge, PX won’t let you down.
Adaptive noise cancellation.
Reduce city noise, but stay aware of what’s happening around you.
Block out engine noise during travel, and minimize cabin sounds.
Limit background noise and ambient sounds while being able to hear nearby discussions.
|PX||P9 Signature||P5 Wireless||P5 Series 2||P3 Series 2|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth aptX||Wired 3.5mm||Bluetooth aptX||Wired 3.5mm||Wired 3.5mm|
|Design||Wireless over ear||Over ear||Wireless on ear||On ear||On ear|
|Carrying case||Protective pouch||Protective pouch||Soft quilted pouch||Soft quilted pouch||Protective hard shell case|
|Bowers & Wilkins App||✓|
|Charge via USB||✓||✓|
|Ear pads||Leather with ballistic nylon outer||Leather||Leather||Leather||Leather|
|Drive units||2 x 40mm||2 x 40mm||2 x 40mm||2 x 40mm||2 x 30mm|
|Frequency range||10 Hz - 20 kHz||2 Hz - 30kHz||10 Hz - 20 kHz||10 Hz - 20 kHz||10 Hz - 20 kHz|
Compare to similar items
This item Bowers & Wilkins PX Wireless Headphones, Noise Cancelling, Soft Gold
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||2.95 x 6.89 x 7.87 in||7.6 x 9.2 x 5.2 in||2.92 x 7.29 x 9.81 in||6 x 6 x 2 in||2.8 x 9.6 x 7.2 in||8.9 x 8 x 3.2 in|
|Item Weight||0.79 lb||2.31 lbs||0.61 lb||0.6 lb||1.5 lbs||2.05 lbs|
|Additional Features||Wireless, Noise-Cancellation, stereo||foldable, ios-phone-control||—||Wireless||noise-isolation||—|
Introducing PX: headphones just got a lot more personal. PX isn't just a new headphone. We've created not just the best-sounding noise-cancelling headphones you've ever heard, but headphones that are so intelligently designed, and so responsive, you might forget you're wearing them at all. With PX, everything just works in seamless harmony with your environment and the way you naturally listen to music. Combine intuitive controls with a beautiful ergonomic design and best-in-class acoustic performance, and you have something unique: a set of wireless headphones that will transform how you experience and enjoy music. Features: Adaptive noise cancelling Advanced Bluetooth 4.1 with aptX-HD for hi-res streaming Natural UI - Built-in sensors handle functions like stopping audio playback when you remove the headphones World class acoustics from 40mm full range drivers Premium materials and build quality Rechargeable battery (up to 22 hours of battery life) Mobile companion app for personalizing audio playback Specifications: Inputs: 3.5mm stereo jack for optional wired playback USB-C (Audio, Battery charging, and Firmware update) Drive units: 40mm diameter Full Range Drivers Performance: 10Hz to 20kHz Frequency Range 22 ohms (passive) Impedance <0.3% (1kHz/10mW) Distortion (THD) 111 dB/V at 1kHz Sensitivity 1V Maximum input power Dimensions: 2.95in Deep 6.89in Wide 7.87in Tall 0.83 pounds
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First of all I'm a headphone collector. I have multiple high end examples of open backs, closed backs, several DAC & amp setups and wireless headphones. Note that I have the well regarded Sony 1000x wireless ANC headphones sitting right here to compare with the PX. Now should you buy these B&W PX Wireless ANC (Active Noise Canceling) headphones?..... Maybe, depends on your priorities.
1. Sound Quality Potential: The PX were designed to sound their best with the ANC off. I have to say they sound wonderful with ANC off. They are possibly the BEST sounding wireless headphones on the market (with ANC off). They also have very strong isolation, naturally with their closed-back design and tightly sealing leather ear cups.
2. Active Noise Canceling: The PX have 3 ANC modes: Office, City, Flight.
- Office mode is the lightest ANC and sounds pretty great. In the mobile app you can customize whether or not you want to pass-through the voices of people near you. Office mode works great in the office, coffee shop, or at home. I've been using Office mode when ever I'm not in a quiet listening situation. In Office mode the PX blocks out a lot (slight ANC+good seal/isolation) and still sounds better than my Sony 1000x.
- City mode and Flight mode are much stronger amounts of ANC and these modes prioritize the noise cancelling over the sound quality. These modes do not sound as good. Sitting here at my desk they sound pretty awful but what would be the point of playing these headphones in FLIGHT mode while not on a plane? ***UPDATE*** I've taken a trip with the PX now. Office mode is perfect for around the airport. The Flight mode is good on the plane. It's not as effective at canceling the plane noise as the QC35 or 1000x but better than over-ear cans without ANC.
3. Wireless Features: I love that the PX turn on automatically when you take them out of your bag and put them on. I love that the PX pause automatically when you take them off (to talk to someone) and resume playing instantly when you put them back on. I also like the actual buttons on the PX for next, back and volume up/down. Comparatively the Sony 1000x and B&O H9 have complex touch/swipe controls that I have found to be a hot mess. BT range is great and battery life is fantastic.
4. Comfort: The Sony 1000x and Bose offerings might be slightly more comfortable for all-day wearing. I do not mind the weight, ear cups or headband of the B&W PX. I also own the B&W P7 and P9 units and can tell you they get more comfortable over time.
Conclusions: If your priority is music sound quality in wireless headphones for home, office, library, while also occasionally needing ANC... BUY THESE. If you prioritize noise canceling above all else because you fly all the time, work at the airport, or mow lawns professionally maybe you should buy the Sony 1000x or Bose QuietComfort 35. For me these are what I want in wireless cans and will sell the 1000x.
Pros: These are super comfortable and surprisingly light! Battery life is great, microUSB is always a plus for easy charging. Does a great job at isolation/blocking out noise. Feels great to not be tethered by a wire.
Cons: While the sound is pretty good, after extensive testing I am not completely happy. Coming from the Bowers & Wilkins P7's which I use daily, I was hoping for similar sound and better portability. While the P5 Wireless wins in terms of portability, I found that something was still "off" about the sound. I did lots of A/B testing going between the P7's and P5 Wireless and found that the P7's just had clearer, richer sound overall where the P5's felt slightly muddied or muffled, particularly with treble/highs. Testing tracks like Reckoner (by Radiohead) really showed the difference. The P7's sound more live and 3-dimensional, and the highs sound crystal clear in comparison to the P5's. I suspect the pads may be muffling out a lot of the detailed highs, since I know the drivers are totally capable of pushing those. Perhaps this is more of a flaw of the on-ear design vs over-ear of the P7's, but I digress. Unfortunately I will be returning the P5's and sticking to my P7's which are almost on another league in terms of sound quality. When, and if B&W makes a wireless P7...I would absolutely consider that. But for now the tradeoff doesn't seem worth it to me. Again, this review is comparing them to the P7's. I still think the P5 wireless would outcompete any pair of Beats, etc.
Most recent customer reviews
The sound quality is noticeably worse than i expected - muffled mids, reduced...Read more
Regarding bluetooth on smartphone, it is important that for example Spotify is not playing when you...Read more