Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Style Name: PR3000|Change

on March 27, 2016
So far it's everything I have expected. I've wanted a bowflex for YEARS but never got up the nerve to purchase one due to all the bad reviews. I decided to take a leap of faith with the newest generation of bowflex home gyms. Sound purchase. The only thing I find consistent with everyone's comments is that, yes, the Bowflex must have their own weight scale because 50 lb free weights vs 50 lbs of bowflex resistance is off.... according to what you're used to feeling. The tech is sound. And yes, if you are going to invest, get the 100lbs upgrade. You'll be happier you did before you set up. I'll come back in a few months for an update. Right now, my family and I are on a mission for our summer physiques 😉
on April 10, 2012
While the install manual and user manual are a little overwhelming, it isn't that difficult of a product to assemble. It took me a couple of hours, and I'm a very thorough, but slow assembler. Using the device is much easier. It definitely meets my needs of becoming more fit to supplement aerobic activities with anaerobic exercise. Workouts are fast (average 20 minutes) and fairly easy to switch between.
on June 16, 2010
its only been two weeks since i got this homegym, but i think its great. Since my first baby was born i had no time to go to the gym so i got the bowflex pr3000. It saves a lot of time switching between excercises, even if they work different muscles.

I read that you could download from bowflex's page more excersices than the ones in the owners manual and its true. I think you can get a great workout, specially for the upper body, but for legs it's kind of limited to a very few excersices.

I think the optional 50lb rods should be included, since the machine already comes with the exrta space to intall them and they are needed to get the legs really worked. It should also include an extra pair of handles and an extra hook or clip??? dont know how to call them. (the thing used o attach the handle to the cable).

Ill try to edit this review in a couple of months to see if this machine stands the test of time.

the four stars are because of the things that should be included and beacuse the band that holds the rods together when not in used broke the first time i used it. However it still works with the velcro.
on July 31, 2015
Instructions for assembling are adequate but very time consuming to assemble. Construction seems to be quite sturdy. Use of the product, it is easier to use than weights. The bows can be added very easy for more resistance. I would have liked to have seen and tried the Bowflex before buying it. But could not find it at the local retail sporting goods outlets.
on March 4, 2016
The gym is not as big or as heavy as it looks. For beginners good def not for body builders but will do the job for home use Best part about the gym and elliptical I bought was Richard from
Amazon. He made sure the guys were here on the day I needed and assembled both machines in. They were quick clean and very professional
on November 18, 2010
Great machine for the money. So much easier to use than free weights and doesnt take long to see results as long as your consistant. They give you a few different exercise programs to get you started and some consist of 3-4 times a week. Like any other workout program you really should throw in an extra day or 2, not skipping more than 2 days in a row. This machine is quiet and very easy to use. Like other reviewers stated, you will probably need the upgrade weight bars.
on April 11, 2011
So far this product has worked fine. You will need to get the extra pack to increase the weight, though. The 210 lbs. is just not enough. Certainly a lot better than having no system at all. Glad I purchased this system instead of the basic model that can't be expanded to 310 lbs.

The assembly instructions for the seat are incomplete, which someone else commented on. They are not clear at all how the parts go together. I need to try to track down how it is to be properly assembled. Surprised that Bowflex did not catch this when the instructions were being written.

The delivery, while good, was confusing as far as tracking. The delivery company picked up the Bowflex on a Monday. We got a notice on Friday that it had arrived at the delivery facility near us on that Friday. However, looking at the waybill online, it showed the date of arrival as the previous Wednesday. Very confusing. It was delivered the following Monday. I had them set the box in the garage, then my wife and I took it upstairs piece by piece for assembly.

Overall I'm happy so far with this purchase.
on September 28, 2010
Well built piece of equipment but most people creating their own gym do so in the lower levels of the house - usually not with high ceilings. My ceiling measured 85" so I thought, OK, I had 2 inches to play with ....OH NO! I have a gouge in my ceiling where I tried my best to MAKE IT FIT! And not until the unit was nearly assembled do you discover this!
PLEASE Bowflex make an affordable home gym at 6'1" like the $3K model!
PS - had to ship back. :(

BTW - Amazon was extremely accomodating to arrange the pickup! Also - the Bowflex book suggested when you buy the PR3000 is for bench models only.
on December 3, 2014
Product has been delivered with missing parts - bolts and screws - and cannot be assembled. I have three options now:
1. wait one or two weeks for the missing parts that will be shipped through Fedex Ground;
2. ask for a replacement, repack the Bowflex I have which weights 180 lbs and organize/pay for shipping it back (no return label of course); or
3. return it going through the same process of repacking 100 parts, making sure they are not damaged during transport and wait for a refund after the item has been delivered back to Amazon.
In short, Amazon return policy is OK for books and clothes but does not work for defective products where the burden is shifted to the buyer, while Bowflex could send parts by air but has no interest in doing so.
Congrats to all parties involved!
on May 26, 2012
Took about 2 hours to assemble but very well designed. Quiet operation so can put in family room behind the couch for minimizing excuses and maximizing accessability. 3 basic exercises without any adjustments. Lat pull, chest and leg extension can be done without more effort than reaching for the handles. It will pay for itself in less than 1 year of gym dues. We like it and will use it often.