Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 5, 2013
I have had cats for over 30 years, and this is the best litter I have ever used, bar none. Sure, there's some dust when you pour it out; it's clay, people -- get real. But that's all the dust you'll see, and it's not much. It clumps firmly, does not leave sludge in the bottom of the box, tracks very little, and if you scoop regularly, controls odor better than anything I've used with no nasty perfume.
We have a small house, and I have a sharp sense of smell, so this matters a lot to me. I'm going to be just biting the bullet and buying this stuff. A bag lasts us over a month for two cats, scooping once a day. I used to use a corn-based litter, and my cats took to the Boxiecat right away; no transition problems at all.

8/14/13 update: Boxiecat is $32 on Amazon and $20 at Boxiecat.com -- the $20 includes delivery. I contacted both Amazon & Boxiecat about the price difference. Boxiecat replied; Amazon didn't. The deal is that Boxiecat doesn't set the price on Amazon; Amazon does. Boxiecat sells wholesale to Amazon, and Amazon marks it up. So, I'll probably buy Boxiecat again, but not through Amazon; I'd be willing to pay a couple of bucks more for the convenience of ordering through Amazon, but $12 more is ridiculous.

4/2/14 update: I just noticed that AmAzon has significantly lowered the price.-- yay!
93 helpful votes
94 helpful votes
66 comments|Report abuse
on December 23, 2014
Tried it on Subscribe & Save for about 3 months. I wasn't crazy about this litter, for this price. I have one cat and scoop every day or every other day at most, but this litter really didn't last a month. The clumping wasn't that great either. Clumps didn't seem to hold together that well, so bits of soiled litter would fall through the scoop and stay in the box. My litter box is not abnormally large (I use a medium sized Kitty's WonderBox as a liner) but the bag of litter wasn't big enough to keep the box very full for a whole month either. I'd have been willing to pay the fairly high price if it really did last a month and worked really well, especially for the convenience of Subscribe & Save, but I just wasn't that impressed.
5 helpful votes
on April 6, 2016
Expensive for cat litter but works great! I removed 1 star strictly for the cost. I have 3 litter boxes and the cost adds up quickly. The product itself works great, clumps well, keeps odor under control and doesn't track too badly. I do have 1 Maine Coon mix who has very hairy feet. The litter will cling to his feet and get tracked around somewhat but not as bad as some other brands. The two short hair cats don't track much at all. I do like the fact that it is unscented as well. No heavy perfumes. I initially did a "trial" run with a different type of litter in each of the 3 boxes over a couple of weeks. I rotated the location of the boxes to make sure it wasn't just the box location that the cats preferred. They all followed and used the box with the Boxiecat in it no matter where I put it. So it was obviously the one they liked best.
on February 25, 2015
This is the absolute best litter I have ever used. I have an asthmatic cat and was looking for dust free litter, but still wanted the convenience of clumping litter, which is normally pretty dusty. This is better than any clay clumping litter than I have ever used. Every claim made here is absolutely true. Best clumping, no fragrances (which aggravate my cat's asthma), no dust, little to no tracking. No litter box odors (and I have 5 cats). I wish I had found this years ago.

UPDATE: It may seem somewhat expensive, but I have five cats, use three litter boxes (which I clean at least twice a day, often more), and I get by with 3 bags a month. And with the plan on Amazon, it's not all that bad. Other litter may be less expensive, but you have to buy more and, pricewise, it comes out the same. This is superior litter in every way and well worth the price.
on January 18, 2015
WOW! I was apprehensive about this litter for the cost of subscription is just under $18, but I am glad I did.

*Zero dust! (says 99.9% dust-free... I don't see any)
*Zero smell! Not scented at all.
*I have been using it for a month now, Zero smell of urine!
*Clumps fast!
*Clumps do not break!
*I have an Automatic Litter box, and this is PERFECT!! The Directions suggest 3" depth but my Automatic Box only allows 1.5 inches. Even at that shallow depth there is ZERO wet stuff or sticking of anything on the bottom of the box!

** 16 pound bag will last me at least 2 months, cutting the cost of this item in half. I have one cat.

This is the first litter I have ever tried that does not create huge urine balls that break up and/or it does not seep down to the bottom of the box and create a mess. I was surprised and very happy to see that I could use the maximum amount of 1.5 inches in the automatic box without mess or headache. Since using it, about 4 weeks, I have only needed to add litter weekly to replenish what is scooped out. Still zero smell in litter box. The only smell is when kitty is doing her poo...at the moment, but it fades quickly and the smell disappears.

UPDATE:
I have been using this for about 7 months now. I ran out once and decided to use up the other litter that I had for the automatic box. What a HUGE disappointment!!! With the other stuff that claimed to be the Best I had a huge clump of nastiness on the bottom pan, which required a thorough scrubbing as well as my room stunk. I decided that here on out... this is the only brand for me! I must admit I am disappointed the price has gone up but at $20 I still believe this is the litter I have ever used.
on March 8, 2017
Not sure why but since switching to this brand, my cat always comes away from her box with her feet wet and with urine crumbs stuck to her feet (until she jumps on me and then the urine clumps are stuck on my leg). Kind of confused to be honest cuz I figured litter is litter. This looks like it clumps fine when I scoop so maybe it just doesn't clump quickly enough while my cat is in the box? Not sure but I'll be going back to my other brands.
on August 10, 2015
My sweet old lady cat (18 years) is in advanced stages of renal failure, so her urinations are very large. Most litters cannot absorb that amount very well and are always a mess when I scoop them. Plus I'm always dealing with the clumps sticking to the scoop. I decided to try Boxiecat for several reasons, first one being the absorption near the top of the litter. I can say honestly this one really clumps - tightly and neatly. I do need to keep several inches in the litter box, but it does what it says it does - clumps near the top. I've yet to have to scrape a clump off the bottom of the litter box. The clumps are so tight and solid they aren't sticking to the scoop. I wish this litter was a little cheaper - but really, I'm okay paying the price as long as it keeps doing what it's doing.
on August 19, 2016
The clumping is Fantastic. It clumps right away and the clumps stay on top. There is no messy mush on the bottom of the pan. However, it does Absolutely NOTHING about poop odors. I walk in my house after work and my house smells like poop. There is no ammonia smell, which is awesome, but the pop smell is terrible. I bought the Dr. Elsie's Precious Cat after this and the clumping was HORRIBLE!!!!!!! Goopy mush all over the bottom of the pan. Just to let you know. I would take clumps over mush any day. I literally will have to throw away my cat pan now after the Dr. Elsie's. I just don't know what to do about the smell. Any suggestions?

***UPDATE***
8/30/16 - This litter really does nothing for the poop smell. I will not buy it again.
11 comment|Report abuse
on November 11, 2015
Used to use Dr Elsey's Unscented, but then started noticing an overabundance of dust. Took a chance, switched to Boxiecat(ordered through Amazon). Yes, it is a bit more expensive but it uses way less litter and clumps much better. It has no smell, completely unscented. Very little to no dust. Seems significantly softer too. Our cat had no issue transitioning to it either.

Do yourself a favor, if you're ever contemplating a litter change, buy this litter.
on November 20, 2016
My single cat required 3 litter boxes in different parts of the basement because he always seemed to tire of the single main box and used other parts of the basement as a substitute, not always, but enough to become a problem. Strategically placed litter boxes in those spots seemed to solve the issue. But cleaning out 3 litter boxes for one cat is, let's say, the last thing I want for myself. I had heard about Boxiecat litter and decided to give it a try since I am tired of the dust from normal clumping litters. Well, I started using it in the main litter box, and my cat has been using it exclusively and neglecting the others. For some time now. Just like that. I happen to think it is because there is no perfume deoderizers used, but it could also be the lighter consistency of the grains. Oder is concealed, there is very very little dust, and the cat loves it. What more do you need? He still occasionally uses the other litter boxes with the old clumping litter in it, but not that often and I certainly don't have to clean them as frequently now. Consider this cat caretaker a happy customer.