Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on December 20, 2015
This is a cute little set. My daughter LOVES the "Blue Hat, Green Hat" Blue Hat, Green Hat (Boynton on Board) and the "Moo Baa La La La" Moo Baa La La La books. She wasn't so big on the other two books ("Doggies" and "A to Z"). When I purchased more books for gifts for friends, instead of this set I just purchased the "Blue Hat, Green Hat" and "Moo Baa La La La" books separately instead of buying this set again. I also highly highly recommend the "Hippos Go Berserk!" Hippos Go Berserk! book by Boynton. My daughter LOVES that one the most but it is not included in this set.
on June 26, 2015
This 4 book set of Sandra Boynton's Greatest Hits is a nice addition to my daughter's night time reading list. The illustrations are whimsical and the writing has a very musical pace that get's better with repeated readings. Because they are board books, they are short and make good supplemental books when my daughter says,"Daddy, I want 5 books tonight." She usually picks one long book and a few of her Sandra Boynton books.

There are plenty of opportunities to sound out words and learn letters, especially with the book "A to Z." The repetition of "Blue Hat, Green Hat" encourages my daughter to read along, when she's not busy falling asleep.

This book set is perfect for a 2-4 year old and I would highly recommend them.
on July 18, 2017
Package arrived in good condition (one corner of the outer box was a little mashed but not severely) and wrapped in cellophane - perfect for gift-giving! I plan to give these to my niece as an unexpected part to her baby shower gift. I recall hours of enjoyment reading these to my daughter. Hoping she finds as much happiness in reading these over and over again to her daughter.
on July 17, 2017
We love, love, LOVE the Boynton books! This is our second set to purchase. These were not quite as great as the first ones, but she totally loves them. Well made and great illustrations. Quick reads and awesome for bedtime stories!
on February 17, 2018
Sandra Boynton is a favorite author in our home, for our toddler children through beginning school aged. This was a great way to add to our collection for a good price.

Of the four books included, the favorite of my brood are "Blue Hat, Green Hat" and "Doggies." Admittedly, my children have expressed these are their favorites from the voices and emphasis that we have come to do with them. Even those these two are the faves, all the books are requested to be read at one point or another.

We have never been disappointed with Boynton's works.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 24, 2017
Purchased this for my 2 year old niece for Christmas. Great deal with the number of books you get. Plus it had some of our favorite titles in this set. Great add on gift for any child.
on December 3, 2017
My son loves all of his Sandra Boynton books (ok, so do his parents lol), so we bought this set for our niece when she turned 2. What wonderful books!
These books are SO cute!! My 6 month old loves the pictures and I actually enjoy reading them to her over and over. They are funny and cute and colorful. All of the Boynton books are wonderful, but this is a great set to start with. Since buying this set I've purchased various other Boynton books and have yet to be disappointed.
on September 8, 2013
We received Vol. 1 and 2 of these books when our daughter was born in 2001. They were great as her 1st bedtime stories. The simple drawings with bright colours give a lot to things to point at and talk about beyond the stories. We had them for years from infancy, through toddler/teething (they didn't look so good after a while :-), reading to herself until they'd, uhmmm, done their duty and were discarded. We started buying these for any friends/family that had a newborn as our gift. And continue to do so (two sets were just bought for co-workers having their first). They are labeled as meeting safety standards (not true of all board books!) and are Made in U.S.A. Very young children will mouth the edges/corners of board books; be sure yours are safe!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
This is a great buy and we use these books every night at bedtime. Our 7-month old twin girls love to hear them and my wife and I enjoy reading them.

Blue Hat, Green Hat is the stand out hit, it has a great rhythm and cute pictures.

Doggies is a great chance to ham it up with lots of barking.

A to Z has alliteraive examples of each letter, (Lion leaving, Moose mowing etc). But it doesn't read as smoothly as the first two.

Moo, Baa, La la la! is a bit dull compared to the others but still fun.

This is was a great buy and I recommend it.