Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 194 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 594 reviews
on May 7, 2017
I've already seen this movie once but it really got to me the second time around. Such a sad but true story. I would highly recommend anyone to watch it.
on March 26, 2015
briliant and sensitive portrait. salut the thousands of transgenders who have had the courage to live their own lives. shame forever to those who bully and hate. a tough movie to watch at times due to the brutality so often directed at lgbt people. important though to see the fight for dignity. Chloe S. is brilliant casting. So proud of Hilary Swank, another Columbia U grad. She so deserved the awards
on May 3, 2014
I'd seen this movie many years ago, and decided to watch it again. Wow! This movie is so powerful! Really shows you how screwed up people can be when they have some sort of prejudice going on! It is truly unreal to me how horrible one human can be to another human...and think that it's ok. Hilary Swank does an amazing acting job in this film...she is really spectacular! I give the flick 5 stars, and highly recommend it. Oh, and by the way, in case you didn't know...it's based on a true story!
on May 8, 2006
I found no flaws in the telling of the story of Teena Brandon in this film. I have read the tragic true life reports that, unfortunately lack the most insightful words of Teena herself, and I am amazed at how this film gives an honest, respectful portrayal of a human in pain who is making the most of her troubled life. I was moved, hurt and troubled myself about Teena's plight. The film does not exploit her difficulties, but fairly and delicately present a person, not an oddity. Hilary Swank transforms herself in this film perfectly, convincingly expressing the awkward efforts of a woman to fit into her psyche. The entire cast gives an outstanding performance. As a piece of theatrical art, this is definitely a gem, even though it is disturbing and tragic, especially because the facts it relays are true.
on June 24, 2017
great
on February 9, 2016
A personal all-time favorite film.
Sensitively and compellingly exploring the emotional struggles of a girl who needs to be a boy, and what it is
like to manage that within a world that's hostile to the idea.
on July 15, 2016
My mother told me to watch this after J watched Valentine Road. I really liked the movie, it's the characters that I didn't care for. Brandon was a confused person. I truly wished that he could have gotten his sex change. I did feel like Brandon was a liar and manipulator, but he didn't deserve what they did to him. Lana was my fav, she still loved Brandon no matter what and I truly felt like their love was genuine. Before I watched the film I read that John was Lana's boyfriend. I didn't get that vibe watching the film. I kind of felt like John was obsessed with Lana and he hated the fact that Brandon had what he wanted. A true hater in my eyes. I feel horrible about the fact that they also took Candace's life. Just a bunch of cowards. Nobody deserves death because of what they feel they truly are. Unfortunately, at the time of Brandon's death in 1993, most people were close minded to transgender life and I believe we still are to this day but there is more acceptance for it now than there was in 1993.
on July 17, 2017
Hilary Swank is beyond impressive in this movie. A must see but not for the faint at heart.
on September 19, 2015
Boys Don't Cry changed my life the first time I seen it. Filled with the sense of not being afraid to hide my light to the world. We are only here for a short time and I want to be a person who puts a little bit of something Positive in the world to fight the negativity. Seeing the abuse and Tragedy fueled my fire and opened my eyes and heart to stop Judging so much and loving more.
on December 17, 2014
I love this movie. I watched it right after I watched the documentary on it and it made me so sad. It made me even sadder to realize it happened in my own state. The movie is just amazing because it follows the true story well (even though it does change a few things) but even down to the quotes are direct quotes from the actual transcripts. It was like watching the documentary in action. I'll never forget this at all.