Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 23 reviews
on January 21, 2017
Been thinking about buying a Rumer cd for over a year and I'm glad that I finally have one. She does sound a bit like Karin Carpenter, but seems to have her own sound just the same. I also have her "This Guy's In Love" cd and really like her interpretation of Bacharach songs.
on September 8, 2012
I have this album from the HDtracks 24-bit 88khz and it sounded really good but I have to say the vinyl version sounds much better. the album was recorded all analog so its got that nice warmness to it. the vinyl I got was 180 gram and no surface noise or clicks or pops and the vinyl itself seemed pure without any imperfections you see on recycled vinyl. don't know if its virgin but sure looks like it. very good pressing, awesome album and well worth the coin. BUY IT!!
on April 8, 2013
I saw her perform on "Live from Daryl's House". I had never heard of her but am glad I saw that performance. I've listened to the CD on my Bose and in my vehicle cd player and the words do not sound very clear to me on either. I'm going to look for other cd's by Rumer and hope the words are a bit more clear. My opinion is that she is the next Adele. They sing the same kind of songs that can move you to tears or make you really do some thinking. I would love to see the two perform each other's songs together!! That would be a "killer" show!! Keep following her - she's going "nowhere but up"!!
on November 20, 2015
She have a voice also like Karen Carpenter. Just love that. So will you.
on November 4, 2014
Rumer has a great voice. Enjoyed several of the songs on this album.
on September 1, 2014
KEEP WORKING GREAT CD AN I HAVE DYOUR FIRST NEAT SONG KEEP GOING THANK YOU RUMER
on March 13, 2015
Awesome!
on December 11, 2012
This is one of the best I have ever purchased. The words and music are very similar to Carole King. Very calming. I highly recommend!
on July 27, 2012
I loved, loved, loved Rumer's debut album and eagerly anticipated this release. Personally, I think an artist has to "earn" the right to release an album of covers. That bias aside, I truly think Rumer's unique voice is better suited to original material. This is a fairly unusual selection of tracks to cover, mostly songs that haven't been covered a zillion times before. But honestly this cd sounds distressingly similar to something you'd hear on an infomercial for K-Tel's "'70s AM GOLD."

Don't get me wrong, it's a totally listenable cd. But I also don't think it lives up to the promise of her first release!
on November 27, 2012
This eagerly-awaited CD was a bit of a disappointment. Rumer is an amazingly talented artist. But her latest offering lacks the sparkle and freshness of her earlier CD "Seasons of My soul".
On "Seasons" her mellow alto voice was eerie in it's similarity to Karen Carpenter's voice, but she still had her own unique style.
On "Boys Don't Cry" she leans heavily on the Carpenter sound, even with the familiar background harmony "Ahhhhhs". Even her hairstyle on the cover is Karen. We can hear Karen Carpenter sound-alikes in any Karaoke bar. Rumer is capable of much better.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse