- File Size: 1778 KB
- Print Length: 559 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: May 29, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00878S4J6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,053,212 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Bozo Loop Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This book is a collection of blog posts. Bad part first: the introduction is skimpy and does not really convey who the author is or what she does and believes. And although there are sections, there are no section summaries.
The format is a good fit for Kindle -- I read a few posts at a time whenever I wanted.
In post after post, though, Kroll shows determination to get things done, plus determination to do the right thing, plus an excellent grasp of technical detail from networking to programming languages. She likes to take things apart, figure out how they work, and build new things.
It's inspiring just to know that Kroll is out there, somewhere in the valley, building systems and writing software. She is a true hacker.
1. You are a software developer or a system administrator, and you appreciate doing things right, or
2. You are highly (really highly) motivated to learn those subjects.
- I am a software developer and have had the word 'senior' in my title for my past three jobs. I still felt pretty stupid at times while reading this book... which says more about me than about the author or the content. Simply put, the level of knowledge the author displays can be intimidating. Rarely have I met a person who understands the depth and breadth of software development, deployment, support, and networking that the author displays. For me, this book was a slice of humble pie that I sorely needed.
- You may come out of the book feeling a bit cynical. Probably with a more realistic view of the corporate software world, though.
- The other reviews are correct about this being a collection of blog posts. I wish there was something a little more gluing the whole thing into a cohesive whole, but that is a minor detail. If I was to "review" the book as "code", I would definitely say "Ship It!" but I would leave a comment mentioning this. If the book had this quality, I would probably give it 5 stars.
- You will learn a lot. I have made a list of topics to study as a result of reading this book.
- The book is in bite-size pieces which makes it very easy to read.
- It is fun. If you love technology, whether in and of itself or as a building block, I think you will really enjoy this book. I certainly did.
Personally, I am happy to know that there are such highly skilled and properly motivated software developers in the world.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Well written blog post converted to book that covers many of the common snafoos you'll come across in today's technology driven corporations.Published 15 months ago by Nathan Bohman
At turns profound, funny, and depressing, an interesting glimpse into the world of "Silly Valley," web hosting, and the denizens who inhabit it all.Published on August 8, 2013 by Corey Quinn
Would have enjoyed all of it a bit more if I were more conversant in server level computing. I’m a dinosaur. The writing is really well done. Read morePublished on March 12, 2013 by Paul D. Kroll
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Business & Money > Business Culture > Workplace Culture
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Network Administration
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Organizational Behavior > Workplace
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computers & Technology > Operating Systems