Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Size: 4-Rack Digital Electric Smoker|Change

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(3 star, Verified Purchases). See all 385 reviews
on April 24, 2017
I like the case and build quality in general. The LCD display is nice, but a little hard to read considering most people will probably set this on the ground and you need to bend over to see and use the buttons.

Here's my issues with this smoker; first the pucks put out a constant amount of smoke, you can't load it up with more wood chips like other smokers to get a burst of smoke. With my other smoker I had, a Masterbuilt, I think I was able to control the intensity of the smoke flavor better with wood chips. Maybe its because their solid wood and not the wood dust mixture with the Bradley pucks.This means that this smoker is really about the long smoke sessions, like a few hours or more. Which gets to my next point...

Buying pucks for it is no fun! Depending on the package you buy the pucks cost about $.30 each. At 3 pucks an hour that's $1 an hour or $6 for a 6 hour session. For example, you bought that $15 pork butt, but to really get it tender and flavor you need to do an 8 hour session for $6 worth of pucks(!) At the end of the day its hard not to resent having to keep on buying pucks for this thing, especially since you have to order them online (keep in mind, you can't buy pucks locally, at least in my case). As far as I know there's no chains that carry them.
[UPDATE: I've since bought the Amazen pellet smoker tray after learning a bunch of people on various smoking forums use one of these insead of the 'expensive' pucks. So far so good]
I'm going to sell this and go back to the Masterbuilt brand. Maybe not as slick looking on the outside, but buying wood chips for it is a lot easier, cheaper, and can be bought at the big box stores. While you can't load the Masterbuilt with hours and hours of chips like you can with pucks on the Bradley, that's ok with me because I would never walk away from my smoker for hours on end.
on June 26, 2016
I bought the Bradley because I do a lot of cold smoking. The smoke generator being separate from the tower heating element makes the Bradley the perfect choice. The cold smoke attachment is over priced at $60.00. Which brings me to my main complaint about the Bradley Smoker. I think it's slightly over priced. I've had wood biscuit feeder problems from the start. Took the smoke generator box apart and found the feeder mechanism is poorly made. It could have been made much better for little cost. The slide isn't on rollers, It's metal to metal. The motors is under powered. And the pin that connects the motor arm to the slide bar is very loose ( I think this is why I'm having feeder problems). It's attached by pins so there's no way to tighten it. I'll put up with it for now, but eventually I'll take the smoke generator apart and modify the feeder mechanism.
on December 11, 2011
I purchased this Bradley smoker as a replacement of Brinkmann's Smoke'n'grill electric smoker about 5 months ago and was very pleased by its work. The smoker does its job really well, it doesn't need much of your attention, and the quality of smoked meet is just wonderful. I've used the device ~5-6 times and had no problem with it until today. The washer that holds 2 metal pieces in the bisquette supply assembly (the unit that connects the electric motor with the bisquettes pusher) broke apart. The smoke generator was not able to move the bisquettes anymore. I had no time to send the smoke generator back to Bradley, so fixed it myself. It would be great if Bradley took more care of the product quality (the generator is made in China). Overall the smoker is the best choice for a "home" consumer available on the market today, I'm giving it 3 stars to attract the manufacturer's attention to the product quality.
on February 17, 2017
Digital display will start to malfunction over a year's time which makes reading the temperature and time very difficult. Difficult to clean. Gasket on door warps outwards after a few months and doesn't seal correctly. Heating element is unreliable and has to be manipulated in order to ensure proper function. When it DOES work, it's great.
on July 7, 2013
I bought one on a recommendation from my son-in-law. I would have been better off to buy a good all-round grille and learn to to smoke foods on the grille by adding wood chips and using low gas heat. Also, the thermostat does not go as low as some of the reference recipes in the manual. I will keep working with it and I may get better but for now, it's a little disappointing.
on September 7, 2015
Heats up pretty good with the hot plate that burns the pucks along with the oven burner but the oven burner by it self it take forever to get up to temperature. and by the time the meat gets to temperature the meat is dry.
on May 17, 2017
GOT TO CHECK POWER CORD IT COMES LOOSE EASY
on August 10, 2015
Had less than two months and used it once, went to use it this weekend and the display and unit only clicks and will not turn on.
on May 28, 2013
I was in the market for either a Pellet Grill or Smoker. Since I am stationed on the island of Okinawa it is very difficult to have a Pellet Grill delivered to Okinawa so I decided to get the Bradley Digital 4-Rack Smoker. I read all of the reviews on the Bradley Smoker before purchasing it on March 4th 2013. I used the smoker 9 times before the heat element went out. So just like some of the other customers who complained about this product I was surprised at how quickly the heat element burned out after a little more than 2 months of use. When smoking meat I never set the temperature over 220 degrees because I thought that would prevent fires and also prevent the heat element from burning out prematurely. I did not have the fire issue but like I stated earlier the element burned out. I decided to replace the element myself instead calling Bradley customer support. Replacing the heat element was a little more difficult for me because I have big hands and the spacing between the element and the rear wall of the smoker was very tight so a 10 minute job turned into a 45 minute job.
Prior to the heat element issue I smoked ribs, sausages and chicken and everyone who tasted the food prepared in the Bradley smoker really enjoyed the flavor and a friend bought himself one based on my recommendation, which I now regret. My friend and I were going to purchase a second Bradley smoker but after this experience I have changed my mind I won’t recommend this product to any of my friends again. I would love to purchase a Pellet Grill but, because of the high import taxes in Japan on such products I am currently unable buy and have a Pellet Grill shipped to Okinawa for a reasonable price.
on March 25, 2013
Excellent smoker for someone that wants to set and forget. Self-feeding, temperature holds fairly decent once you get the hang of it, you can set it up and let it go for hours.
I’m now the 3rd broken door hinge. The first one broke in shipping (Amazon took care of it trouble free!!). Within a year, the door hinge broke again but was covered under warranty – now after having it about 15 months, another door hinge broke. Unit has never been dropped or slammed down (that I know of). My friend had it last time it broken and they claim not to have dropped it, and knowing that once it broke on me without dropping it, I’d believe them.
The hinge is plastic, attached to a plastic bezel on the door. From what I gather, Bradley used to make you purchase an entire door in the past, now they sell the parts for replacement. My guess is that the plastic can’t hold up to the cold temperatures during the winter months and it keeps breaking. I’ve seen some post of others that upgraded to metal with some customization, I’ll be doing that upgrade of the summer.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.