Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on November 17, 2012
After reading Fallen Crest High I wanted to see what else this imaginative writer had published, but nothing has compared to FCH so far.

This one is more similar to Fallen Crest High than her other story, Davy Harwood, but still has stilted dialogue and bumpy editing. The characters are interesting and messed up enough to make a good story that many will find appealing and the price is good. In this one, Tijan also writes about gritty, messed up kids, but I am hoping this is one of her earlier stories as it is not on the same level as Fallen Crest High.

Brady and Rayna have been best friends for a long time but Rayna has lately started to have stronger feelings for the man-whore Brady. She doesn't want to mess up their friendship, but one night after bailing him out of jail again, they go all the way. As Rayna tries to figure out what this means to them, an old friend Kid comes back in town and Brady gets over protective and jealously guards her from Kid. Brady's main ex gets jealous of Rayna's new position in Brady's life and tries to interfere. Brady has an extremely volatile personality especially when it comes to Rayna. Both he and Rayna have secrets that keep them from finding true love with each other, but an explosive ending changes all that.

This is a story of sex, parties and bad boys which will appeal to the older YA but definitely needs some editing for choppy transitions, terrible dialogue and redundant inner turmoil. Many who read Fallen Crest High will like this story, but will find it doesn't quite measure up. BTW, I would give this story a new title.

Would I/Did I buy it? Yes (.99)
Would I read it again? No
Would I recommend it to friends? Sure
on January 24, 2013
No matter the story or the theme, the thing I appreciate most about Tijan is how realistic her characters seem (to me anyway). Yes they may make stupid adolescent decisions, but they are raw and act and think like normal people. They are afraid to share their true feelings our of fear or shame, and hide secrets about themselves that they don't want their peers to know - and this isn't shocking or ridiculous, this is REAL life, this is what people do to gain acceptance from their friends. It's a sad reality, but it is. The good news is, some people just don't do these things because they don't care what others think, and that's where you find a main character! = )

Rayna is a quiet, shy girl (or seemingly so to people who don't know her) who carries a torch for her best friend Brady. Little does she know that he carries that same torch for her, he just has a really bad way of showing it (being a teenage boy and all .... thats kind of expected... no offense to any teenage boys who might be reading this review ;)

In any case, without giving away the story, I'll just say that these two will do virtually anything for each other. (hence the title). This story is no Fallen Crest High (it doesn't get more manipulative and raw than that awesome book), but this story is great in it's own way, and touches lightly on a few teen issues that parents should be aware of (and if you think it's shocking, then it's good that you read it and got a wake up call because this is what teens are like nowadays).

I look forward to reading anything written by Tijan as I haven't been disappointed yet!
on July 17, 2014
I'm torn with this book. I am a huge fan of this author, but I felt like this book was lacking. The sample I got sounded like it was going to be a good book. A book about two best friends crossing that line into a relationship. Unfortunately, the author delved into secrets everyone was keeping. I also become annoyed with the whole relationship aspect of the book. I wanted Rayna to feel torn about dating her best friend, but her character came across as annoying and clingy. I couldn't stand her by the middle of the book. Maybe I just wanted her to be stronger or less needy whatever it is I couldn't relate to her.

The summary- Rayna is always helping Brady bail out of jail. He has a tendency to get into fights leading to his arrest. After his latest arrest he sleeps with Rayna, his best friend. She doesn't cope well with translation into a relationship. For the most part the book follows the dysfunctional pair. When a mutual friend returns to town secrets are being kept from Rayna by everyone she loves.

Half way through the book everyone has secrets they are keeping. Rayna is keeping the secret that she slept with Brady from her grandparents. Her grandparents are keeping the secret of Brady's childhood from both Rayna and Brady. Brady is keeping a secret from Rayna, and Kid is keeping a secret from both Brady and Rayna. That's a lot of secrets. But there are too many secrets and they are just slightly touched upon through the whole book.

I was disappointed with the ending of the book too. I wanted more especially when you find the rest of the book to be dull you want something to at least make up for that. I wanted more from this book and it just didn't deliver anything for me.
on December 31, 2012
Just wanted to say that I I love this book it's really good I read it in like one day that's joe good it was I couldn't put it down. Have fun reading it!
on January 28, 2013
I stumbled upon Tijan as an author when her novel "Fallen Crest High" showed up on my "Recommended" list. I was surprised with how much I liked that book and decided to look up any of her other novels to start reading those as well. I've been unexpectedly amazed with all of the ones I've read so far, including this one, "Brady Remington Landed Me in Jail".

If you've read Fallen Crest High and enjoyed it, I recommend this one as well (and vice-versa). You can't tell by the title, but this is a love story between Brady Remington and Rayna. Tijan obviously likes the partying high school scene for her novels and it definitely works for her. There are parties, drinking, fighting, some promiscuity in this story, just as in FCH - but not to the same extent. Rayna comes across as a weaker heroine than I'm used to with Tijan's novels. As I normally don't care for weak heroines, I realized that it's mainly that she is so naive and shy and tends to literally hide from situations outside of her comfort zone (which is just about everything, except for bailing out Brady). Brady is completely opposite - extrovert, social, hot-tempered. The plot twists as the romance unfolds, and the delivery is perfect IMO.

This isn't one of the many cliched love stories. Tijan has a gift in writing unique novels and interesting characters. If you've read this and FCH and are looking for more, the next I would recommend from Tijan is Jaded - as we await the sequels to her works.
on June 5, 2016
This New Adult story by Tijan left me wondering most of the book about the big secret that was being kept. Rayna and Brady have grown up together in a small town-Brady raised in the foster care system and Rayna raised by her grandparents. Brady rubbed me the wrong way, in the fact that I wanted him to act more mature. He seemed to be hanging out in his small town without any future plans after his high school graduation. He spent his time drinking and brawling, while Rayna finished up her last year in high school and bailing Brady out of jail. During the last week before graduation, Brady's former best friend Kid comes back to town and stirs up trouble.

The story was good but there was a small part of me that wonders about the characters. The story ended well, but I wish there was a bit more character development, or a bit more hint of what the characters would do after the story was over. Maybe the author left it open to maybe follow up with another story? I read a review that criticized the story for being full of small town drama. Well...I'm a small town girl and I enjoyed it. It was something that probably could have happened (and may have? lol)

I love all of Tijan's work, and this book was no exception.
on April 21, 2013
I have to admit that I don't always leave feedback when I like a book because I inhale books so fast but Tijan has wow'd me and I feel it's my duty to go back and leave feedback to encourage more people to have a 'Tijan' experience like I have. Her books are simply amazing, to say the least. Her writing style is so raw and intense that its beautiful! You are truly missing out if you haven't read her books. ALL her books are great!!!! The one thing I really love about this author is that she puts books out faster than most authors and where some authors writing may suffer from doing that, hers just gets better and better. I know she's going to be a best selling author with a huge publishing deal someday, I'm happy for her and she deserves it, but I hope that doesn't mean we will have to suffer with one book a year like a lot of published authors. I think I will have withdraws if that happens. Lol. Anyways, I highly recommend her books, any and all of them! Read them people!!!!!! You won't regret it.
on August 13, 2014
Another great book from Tijan. It's full of angst, good times, sad times and laugh out loud times (courteous of Viola). Brady is the life of the party. Rayna is quiet and a bit naive. But they have been best friends forever. Taking a friendship to the next level is often complicated and full of drama. I so recommend this book to anyone who hasn't read it. You will absolutely loveeeee it.
on April 30, 2016
I'm hooked. I haven't read a book yet of Tijan's that I haven't loved from the first word. couldn't put it down. Great storyline, great characters. definitely recommending.
on August 14, 2017