Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Brain Quest Grade 2, revised 4th edition: 1,000 Questions and Answers to Challenge the Mind
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on March 25, 1998
My son loved the Q&A format of these cards and we exchanged "high fives" every time he got a "genius point." The cards include a good mix of super easy questions to more challenging ones--all targeted for a specific age level. It would be a stretch to call this game "educational" but the back and forth interaction between quizzer and quizzee provides great family fun. This works very well as a game to pass time in the car or on the airplane.
on June 7, 2013
this is the grade where they change greatly from the K or pre-K. no cute pics or anything it is just questions. Daughter not too fond as she had grown to like the characters on the cards but they are still very educational and good.
on June 14, 2015
I’ve used the K, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade decks as a supplement to our home-school to teach research skills. I am disappointed with this 4th grade deck. It contains 148 cards, each with 10 questions (2 science, 2 English, 2 math, 2 miscellany, 1 US history, 1 geography).

A few of the questions are similar enough to essentially be considered repeats (for example, cards 56 and 71 both ask to differentiate between “lose” and “loose”). A few of the questions are repeats from the 3rd grade deck (for example, card 146: To change the type on a document you find “font” on your computer. True or false? This question was also asked on card 95 of the 3rd grade deck). A few of the questions are clumsily/confusingly worded (for example, card 118: If you recycle a document on your computer, it stays until the trash is emptied. True or false?). A few of the questions do not seem age-appropriate (for example, card 72: Who wrote Uncle Tom’s Cabin?). A lot of the math questions are arithmetic computations, rather than conceptual trivia (for example card 128: Multiply $3.86 by 52). A few of the answers are inaccurate (for example, card 130: Name the largest desert in the world. The answer given is the Sahara, but actually Antarctica is the world’s largest desert, by far.)

I have tried to find out if the company maintains a list of corrections but they don’t seem to. Having to fact-check every question really defeats the purpose of the product. But it’s certainly not worthless—it can still be a fun game, and it does provide lots of opportunity for further research and discussion. I may decide not to use this product in our home-school this year, and I will likely not purchase any additional decks, but since I have this one, I will probably use it as a starting point for developing my own research skills curriculum for my 4th grade kids.
on September 9, 2014
IMO, there is a big jump between the K cards and the 1st Grade set. That's actually a good thing, because I thought the K cards were way too easy. My 5 year old preschooler breezed right through the K set, but these are more of a challenge. I look forward to actually working with him to master this set over the next year. My child just entered K, so I think these cards are a good intro for me as a parent to what types of things he will formally learn in K and 1st grade. Like with the other sets, I would expect these cards to be too easy for a child that has already completed 1st grade. These are a great tool as long as you are actually buying them at a level that will challenge your child, regardless of the age on the package.
on November 10, 2006
I bought these for our oldest son who was starting 4th grade. He can't get enough of them. The cards are also great for the car. We recently took a 4 hr. trip and the kids loved being quizzed. My husband and I also participate, because there are a few things you forget over the years! They really are a wonderful way for kids to learn in a fun way. I previously bought the 2nd grade ones and now also bought the kindergarten cards for our 2nd son. I will definately be buying each set through the years!
on December 26, 2007
Our boys love all the Brain Quest products. Parents will appreciate the design of this product - All question cards are attached at the bottom, so it is very easy to collect the cards and return them to the box. Anyone who has searched throughout a house or car for missing game pieces will understand the value of this "neat" game.
on June 12, 2014
We have long drives to our family so these Brain Quest cards are excellent for passing time. My son and his friends love these. They are challenging, funny, fun. The way they are put together - mechanically is great for a car. They are small, coated so they don't get dirty, and hold up to being tossed around. We had the 3rd grade cards and had to keep going!
on September 3, 2013
I purchased these flashcards for our daughter to get some brain exercises during our vacation next week, we opened the box to do one question and that led over 50 more!! I had to tell her we needed to stop and save them for the trip. The questions that she didn't know led to quick teachable moments and we both enjoyed ourselves.
on January 23, 2016
My daughter is 5 and in Kindergarten, and I bought the 1st grader version to challenge her. There are two decks included and each deck has two sets of questions and answers (once done with the first side, you can flip around and start from the back for another set of questions). She loves it, and she gets about 30% of the questions wrong, but we talk through it and I know I'll go through the deck again so she can retain the right answers.
on October 19, 2012
My first grader loves math so much that we decided to enrich his education. We bought both second and third grade brainquests, and these are great fun. We read them while he is getting read for bed and traveling around in the car. He asks for them at night, so either he wants to stay up longer or he really is enjoying them.