Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $33.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Braun Electric Foil Razor for Men, Series 9 9385cc, Precision Beard Trimmer, Rechargeable, Cordless, Wet & Dry Shaver, Clean & Charge Station & Leather Travel Case, Black, 3 Piece
Enhance your purchase
|Item Weight||2.18 Pounds|
About this item
- World's most efficient electric shaver*. Efficient, close and gentle, for a flawless shave
- Best efficiency: 5 shaving elements get more hair in one stroke than any other shavers
- Best for gentleness: sonic vibrations glide over your skin for maximum skin comfort
- Use wet or dry. Now with 20% more battery power**
- Product designed, engineered and made in Germany. Recommended by GQ and the Skin Health Alliance accredited
- *Tested on 3-day beard vs. leading premium tier products. **vs. previous Series 9
- Great Christmas, birthday & anniversary gifts for him. Perfect gift for husband, boyfriend, dad, and all the men in your life
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
World’s most efficient shaver. Exceptionally gentle.*
* Tested on 3-day beard vs leading premium tier products
The Braun Series 9 promise
- Braun’s best shaver
- Designed to last 7 years
- 100% waterproof
- Made in Germany
5 synchronized shaving elements
Series 9 includes 5 synchronized shaving elements for a flawless shave in one stroke. 2 specialized middle trimmers capture any type of hair, making Series 9 the world’s most efficient shaver**.
- ** Proven on 3-day beards.
Flawless in one stroke
Series 9 intelligently responds to your unique contours and beard density. A flawless shave in one stroke – no matter if used dry, with water, foam or gel.
The 40,000 cutting actions cut every hair as close as 0.05mm. For a flawless shave.
Gentle on skin
The 10,000 Sonic vibrations let the shaver glide over your skin with ease. For a shave as gentle as possible.
Clean your Series 9 easily under water. Shave with foam or gel for a refreshing skin feeling.
Cleans and charges on demand
A shaver like new every day. The Clean&Charge station selects your cleaning program automatically, cleans hygienically, lubricates, dries and charges your shaver at the touch of a button.
Our most advanced Li-lon battery. Now lasts 20% longer. One charge – one month of shaving.
|No of shaving elements||5||5||5||5|
|Specialised trimmers for difficult hairs||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Cutting action per minute||40,000||40,000||40,000||40,000|
|Comfort flexi head||10 directions||10 directions||10 directions||10 directions|
|Integrated precision trimmer||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Cordless shaving time||60 mins||60 mins||60 mins||60 mins|
|Sonic Technology for gliding||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Advanced LED display||✓||✓||v - with performance tracker||v - with performance tracker|
|Cleaning centre included||✓||✓||✓|
Braun Series 9 is the World's most efficient electric shaver. The 5 shaving elements capture more hair in one stroke for a flawless shave. This foil shaver provides you with both a close and gentle shave, without compromise. The electric razor for men glides over skin and is suitable for wet or dry shaving. You can now shave cordlessly for longer (60 min) with 20% more battery than the previous series 9. All series 9 shavers are made in Germany with premium craftsmanship. Product Recommended by GQ Magazine.
- Product Dimensions : 6.18 x 6.18 x 9.92 inches; 2.18 Pounds
- Item model number : JS00236
- Batteries : 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- UPC : 069055883693
- Manufacturer : AmazonUs/PRFY7
- ASIN : B07XD5TCR3
- Best Sellers Rank: #127,205 in Beauty & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Beauty & Personal Care)
- #133 in Men's Foil Shavers
- Customer Reviews:
Compare with similar items
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following: Read all instructions before using this appliance. When disconnected, the hand-held part of this shaving appliance may be used in a bath or shower. For safety reasons, the appliance can only be operated cordless. DANGER To reduce the risk of electric shock: 1. The charger unit is not for immersion in water or for use in shower. 2. Do not reach for a charger that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately. 3. Do not place, store or charge the appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid. 4. Except when charging, always unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using. 5. This appliance is provided with a special cord set with integrated Safety Extra Low Voltage power supply. Do not exchange or manipulate any part of it. 6. Do not use an extension cord with this appliance. 7. Unplug this appliance before cleaning. WARNING To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons: 1. Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near children or persons with disabilities. 2. Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer. 3. Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or if the power supply has been dropped into water. Return the appliance to a service center for examination and repair. 4. Keep the cord away from heated surfaces. 5. Never drop or insert any object into any opening of the appliance. 6. Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered. 7. Do not use this appliance with a damaged or broken foil, as serious skin injuries may occur. 8. Always attach plug to appliance first, then to outlet. To disconnect, turn all controls off, then remove plug from outlet. 9. When plugging to an electrical outlet outside North America, use a plug adapter to match the outlet's pin configuration. 10. Caution: The battery used in this device may present a fire or chemical burn hazard if mistreated. Do not disassemble, heat above 100 DegreeC (212 DegreeF), or incinerate. 11. To recharge the battery, only use the detachable power supply provided with this appliance. If the appliance is marked 492-XXXX, only use Braun power supplies coded 492-XXXX. DANGER: FLAMMABLE. CONTENTS MAY CATCH FIRE. Do not smoke. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from flames such as pilot light, and any object that sparks such as electric motor. Keep locked up. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. CAUTION: MAY IRRITATE EYES. Do not get in eyes. FIRST AID TREATMENT: Contains ethanol. If swallowed, call a Poison Control Centre or doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting. If in eyes, rinse with water for 15 minutes.
Reviewed in the United States on August 20, 2020
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have used many brands of electric razor over my 65 years. I started with Norelco rotaries, then Remington foil shavers, then back to rotary. But more than a few years ago I switched to Braun. First the Series 5 then the series 7 which I used for about 10 years, replacing the head many times. I told you that to tell you this, despite the cost (which is extensive) I am very happy with the series 9. Compared to my 7, it is quieter by a significant margin, and it cuts better and doesn't irritate my skin. Cleaning is a snap using the Braun cleaning system (you can't use the older one as the razor fits differently in this one, but it uses the same cartridges as the older system for my 7). I travel for work, so portability is important and I easily get multiple weeks of daily shaves from the battery without hardly moving the battery indicator. It packs a bit longer than the series 7. From a shave perspective, for my beard I, will say that it takes some work to get a very close shave with a 1 day beard, but a 2 day beard is a snap. I think the slightly longer hair is lifted better by the new head design.
I don't like the ergonomics as much as I did the series 7 (the new series 7 is drastically different of course, so these comments are only germane to those transitioning from the older 7 design). The 9 is longer and the head floating seems different. I sometimes find myself flipping the razor over to get some parts of the upper neck under my jaw. I really haven't settled into the best combination for my face yet, which seems strange after 2 months... The trimmer is horrible. It is like the old series 5 and slides up from along the back of the razor. Unlike the old series 5, the cutting edge of the trimmer has a little rake which really only allows you to cut well in 1 plane. What this means is that it is easy to cut sideburns (which I like) but effectively useless to trim eyebrows (which I need to do occasionally). And when it slides up, the end doesn't really clear the end of the razor head, so it is difficult to see where you're cutting because in the mirror the razor body blocks the view without some contortion on your part.
So... despite the lack of ergonomics, the end result is a very good shave, especially with a 2 day beard.
Oh, and by the way I ALWAYS use Mennen afta pre-shave. My father used it and I've used it for decades. I hope Mennen never stops making it. Although this razor is supposed to be usable in the shower, I haven't tried it.
UPDATE 11/20 This razor is still going strong. I've adapted to the ergonomics and also noted that the cutter grids on the head have a directionality to them which seems to work better on my beard in one versus the other direction. Still not using in the shower, but note that it drags too much if used on wet but not lubricated skin. So lubricate.
1. It is the most recent, top tier wet/dry foil shaver made by Braun.
2. It is an effective, ergonomic, well designed electric foil shaver, equivalent or better in comfort and performance to Braun's previous two iterations of the Series 9 lineup in their electric shaver models - which are excellent.
3. It is identical in size, shape and weight to previous Series 9 models, and shaver heads are interchangeable.
4. It has a slightly different display, and slightly different exterior cosmetics, than previous Series 9 models.
5. It has a slightly longer battery life (60 minutes vs 50 minutes) and a slightly faster internal processor (32-bit vs 8-bit) than previous Series 9 models. Other technical specifications are identical.
6. It has a slightly different cleaning station than previous Series 9 models, with a different part number. Although the stations look identical on the outside (and use the same Clean & Renew cartridges), older Series 9 shavers will not initiate a cleaning cycle in the new station, but will charge, and the cleaning status display is also slightly different.
7. It is also expensive, but actually in line with other top tier shavers from other manufacturers
What this shaver is not:
1. It is not a Series 7, or a Series 8, or any other series in Braun's lineup.
2. It is not any other shaver brand - Panasonic, Philips, Remington, or anything other than Braun.
3. It is not a rotary shaver (see #2).
4. It is not a DE razor, or a cartridge razor, or any other bladed razor.
5. It does not have a replaceable battery. Neither does any other modern rechargeable shaver.
6. It will not work as a corded shaver. Neither will any other modern wet/dry shaver.
7. It was designed for shaving your face. Not any other hirsute body parts on a human, although it might incidentally work for that.
If you were expecting any of the above on the "not" list, in spite of Braun's marketing for what this shaver actually is, you may be disappointed. But if you are in the market for a new Series 9 (or just for a great foil shaver), you should give this one a hard look. If you are the owner of an older Series 9 and you like it, this one adds features described above - slightly longer battery life, different cosmetics - and perhaps marginally better performance (subjective), but whether enough to replace your current Series 9 shaver is very much a personal choice. The new 93XX Series, for me, does seem to provide a slightly smoother and more comfortable shave than the previous generations (perhaps attributable to the faster processer and perhaps more rapid automatic beard density detector), but again purely subjective experience. Along with other Series 9 generations, it provides arguably the most comfortable shave you can get with an electric shaver, foil or rotary. The 20% increase in battery life is a plus, and the new display includes shaver head status, cleaning status, lock and battery charge indicator (and is a white - or light blue - LED instead of dark blue), but otherwise is almost identical to the 92XX models – which again are excellent. Highly recommended.
Top reviews from other countries
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.