Braun Tassimo TA 1400 Hot Beverage System
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Hot-beverage system brews drinks at the touch of a button in about a minute
- Patented T-Disc system with barcode technology; customizable strength settings
- Beverages pour directly from T-Disc into cup; no measuring, no fuss, and virtually no cleanup
- Measures approximately 10 by 15 by 16 inches; 2-year limited warranty
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Introducing Tassimo, a revolution in home brewing. This state-of-the-art system delivers the ultimate in hot-drink variety--coffee, tea, espresso, hot chocolate, and even authentic cappuccinos and lattes with real milk, all at the touch of a button. The Tassimo hot-beverage system brews one perfect cup at a time using Tassimo discs, called T-Discs, which contain precisely measured amounts of the ingredients for each drink. Each T-Disc contains a barcode that tells the machine the optimal brewing conditions for your drink, expertly adjusting the brewing time, amount of water, and temperature. With Tassimo, you simply insert a T-Disc, press the button, and in about a minute you can enjoy a delicious hot drink, one perfect cup at a time. You are also able to customize the strength of each beverage to your taste. And, since all the brewing takes place in the T-Disc itself, there is virtually no cleanup! A system this extraordinary deserves partners of the same caliber. Select from world-class brands Gevalia, Suchard, and Twinings to find your favorite drink. Discover the art of the perfect cup. Right on your kitchen counter.
Top Customer Reviews
The negatives, which for me are minor, are 1) expense. I like it so much I am drinking way too much. That'll slow down as the novelty wears off. 2) Why can't any of these pod makers account for a tall travel mug? It seems so easy to consider given the popularity. You can remove the entire cup holder, but since it is also the drip tray and steam relief valve you have to clean up some water in the bottom tray. I could not give it 5 stars because of this.
I am thinking of getting a second one for the office but not sure whether I get this one, or try the Kuerig (??) just for variety. It is hard to not get another Tassimo now that I know what it does. Also depends on others pitching in on t-discs. I may take it in for a week as a trial before I buy another one.
1. Cleaning is easy.If you have ever owned a cappuccino machine you know about pain in the butt cleaning. Everything comes apart and all you do is rinse the pieces under water after use. Most pieces are diswasher safe too.
2. Coffee can be made strong if you read the instructions. I was told by the manager to hit the button when the strength was where I wanted it and she was right. The Gevalia signature was great without a bitter taste. I did the same with the cappuccino. Got a great coffee. And, oh the Suchard's hot chocolate, yum!!!
3. Here is another interesting point. Kraft who is the owner of the T-discs has the exclusive rights the soon to be upcoming Starbucks coffee pods which will hopefully be released next year. 3 other store managers told me this and I read it on the Kraft/Starbucks website. Tassimo and Starbucks, wow!!!!
I now have taken off my counter 3 other appliances and have my Tassimo right there. It is a Braun which is a great manufacturer. Not everyone is going to like it, it is personal preference but it does everything that the others don't. I am personally willing to wait to see what falvor T-discs come out next year.
The only thing I have not tried is the tea until my shipment of Gevalia comes becuase I don't like Twining's but I can't wait.
Hope this helps some people determine which one to get. It is also nice when your shipments of T-discs can be sent to your house during the holidays sparing you having to brave the lines at the stores (free shipping also offerred). It is also nice when you can buy them at the grocery store too. I wrote off the Flavia becuase I don't want to have to send an appliance back to an internet store if it does not work and be left with nothing. I also like dealing with people face to face. For the people who had Tassimo's that acted up, I hope your new one's work for you so that you can benefit from the great products it makes.
Have a great day and thanks for listening.
(Addendum: Received the Gevalia tea, smashing! and the European blends, unreal. Xmas order was to be here 12/16, came today 11/28- excellent service. Going to buy some for Xmas gifts!!!)