Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Braza Swim Companion - Flash Tape (S1015)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on January 20, 2014
I didn't purchase this for a bathing suit, but I did have a theory: if it held up in water, it should hold up at a calm, dry dinner party. The tape is double-sided and comes in an easy to use dispenser. My intention was to hold up a satin strapless dress. I didn't plan on dancing, sweating, or doing anything crazy that might yank the dress off. My main concern was hiding my undergarments and keeping the dress from sagging and looking unattractive on my bosom.

PROS:

- you get lots of tape
- double sided with paper on each side (peel side A, adhere to skin, peel side B, press on garment)
- clear and disguises easily
- pretty strong stuff, but not miracle tape
- waterproof against sweat (and I assume the pool too)

CONS:

- I wish it were stronger against skin
- I wish it were gentler against fabric
- hard to apply (every tiny mistake means you have to yank it off and start over)
- will not stick to skin unless you wipe it with alcohol (soap and water won't cut it)
- comes in 1/2" strips, but might be more efficient in thicker bands (like 3/4")

OVERALL:

The best way to use this is to shower with cool water and a bar soap (not moisturizing body wash which might leave oils), then wipe the areas you want with rubbing alcohol, and immediately apply the tape to your skin first. Then peel the top paper off and stick your garment to the tape/skin. Don't put it on the fabric first, because it will wrinkle. Only then, once everything is in place, can you apply lotion. It just won't stick any other way. Also, use little 2" strips at a time. One long piece is less effective. You want tiny strongholds all over the place, not one huge defense system. It distributes the force more evenly. Physics.
0Comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2012
I purchased this because I'm rather large in the chest and my swimsuit just wouldn't stay in the right place. This tape definitely worked and I had no issues with anything budging. The only downside for me is that I have sensitive skin and the tape does irritate my skin. No rashes or anything, but its sore and red for a day or two after.

Regardless, I've continued to use the tape for not only my swim suit but for dresses and tops as well since it works so well. Overall, I would recommend it.
I honestly was not expecting much from this tape. I have a dress that I needed something to help hold things in place and a friend suggested trying this. I expected it to sort of work for a couple of hours or something. I live in a place where it is hot and humid all the time. This tape stays on ALL day even when I am outside in 90 degree heat with a lot of humidity. Sweat does not make it come off or effect its hold at all.
Last weekend I went to the beach and I have a new swimsuit that I wanted to make sure would stay in place even in the pounding surf. I decided to try this tape since it says it is waterproof… and IT WORKED! I spent hours in the water and walking the beach and that stuff stayed on and held in place both on my skin and on my swimsuit the entire time. I didn’t feel like I needed to readjust or pull my top up or anything. It was a miracle. I am going to make sure I always have this stuff around.
One benefit of this is that it is really easy to use. It comes in a tape dispenser type roll. The tape is double sided, clear and very sticky. It has a thick white paper over it on the top side. The white paper can be a little difficult to tear on the dispenser, but a little practice makes it easier to get the correct angle for easier tearing. The white paper is divided down the length of the tape so you can peel off one side at a time. I do have a hard time getting it peeled off occasionally. This would also work great to stick your bras straps to your tank straps to make sure they don’t show. I am so impressed with this Braza Tape. I highly recommend it to anyone needs to hold clothing in place, even when they are getting wet.

I purchased this full price for my own use.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on August 25, 2014
I don't often write reviews, but this one is worth letting everyone know how great the product is! I have always struggled with bikini tops staying put. The tugging, shoving, pushing, pulling, tucking, checking and double checking before you lift up out of the water ... I am so busy worrying about my top that it is difficult to even enjoy myself. So I ordered this tape before our week vacation at the beach. I have never been so happy with anything I have ordered! One little strip of tape and nothing budged! This stuff stood up to the waves, body surfing, diving, and even my children tugging on my top! At the end of the day, my bathing suit top was still exactly where I put it and I never once had to worry about anything falling out or moving around. Some reviews said that your skin had to be completely cleaned with rubbing alcohol or it would not stick - I did not find this to be the case at all. I applied the tape shortly after applying body lotion and it held just fine. Was very easy to remove from skin and clothing ... left a little redness on the skin immediately after removing, but no more so than a bandaid would and it faded quickly. Did not irritate my skin at all. I recommend this to anyone who wants to fit a bathing suit like a super model! I will buy this every year!!
on August 24, 2015
This stuff is fantastic!!! I modeled for 14 years and this stuff beats all the old tricks to "keep it all in the right place", lol. It definitely is the all in all answer for not constantly tugging on your baithing suit or checking to make sure your not hangin out somewhere in that amazing shirt you just had to have but a bra just doesnt fit with!!! I mean come on ladies, who doesnt love that extrs boost of confidence knowing you got this made and youre gunna rock it 😆 This is the must have item in the underwear drawer!!!
on June 27, 2015
omg these work wonderfully! they really HOLD. I can go in the water comfortably and not have to worry about the next wave blowing my bikini out of position and potentially flashing everyone at the beach. The hold is so strong that if you wear them for a long period the skin WILL get a bit irritated but it will go away once you remove the tape, I'm sure its because the skin cant breath because the seal of the tape is so great. Its as strong as duct tape, i would think and without the stickiness residue.
on December 2, 2015
AMAZING stuff. i used this to keep my garter up at my wedding. It was heavily jeweled and wouldn't stay up otherwise. I was sweaty from dancing all night and that thing didn't budge! I also used it on straps of a bra i wanted to stick to a shirt so they wouldn't be visible. Again it worked amazingly. I'm going to buy this again absolutely.
on January 31, 2013
I was afraid this tape wouldn't hold, but I was proven wrong. Really holds fast to both skin and fabric. Be careful when removing so as not to injure skin or tear the garment because it does stick fast. Removes clean when care is take.... Recommend!
on June 26, 2014
I went on vacation with my husband - no kids - for 4 days. We stayed at a resort and I spent the days poolside in a variety of swimsuits a few of which I wanted a little extra protection to avoid any "overexposure". I got this tape and despite having sensitive skin and knowing it would be a gamble.... It worked perfectly. It held up to me getting in the water, swimming, and sunbathing for hours. It was still holding strong hours later and never irritated my skin! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!
on December 8, 2015
Well darn. I thought these would be stronger than the regular non-waterproof ones, but no. This one doesn't seem to stick as well. It constantly came off. I was trying to stick it to my skin and my shirt to prevent my shirt from falling too low in the front. I'll STICK to the regular one from on.