YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon NYNN

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 7, 2007 6:05:38 AM PDT
Michjim says:
Before buying this book, I would check out her blogs at Yahoo and read the comments from people who are really working for a living.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2007 7:58:35 AM PDT
Chud says:
Yahoo! Should fire her for her AWFUL "career" advice.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2007 8:25:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2007 8:42:51 AM PDT
Even with her business credentials in mind id like to see her advice in action. It's complete stupidity.Miss. Trunk has nothing but unorthodox and bad advice. Some of her Ideas are so farfetched they could quite possibly get you fired.One Point she tries to emphasize is to just take it upon yourself to take time off and not ask. Another Point she makes is to call co-workers on weekend and talk about work. I don't know what kind of workplace she started in but many of her ideas would not be acceptable in mine. Although she has many credentials as a business woman, her advice is horrible. Acting bold is fine but acting like you have no one else to answer to is the message she portrays. Please do not feed your mind with this jibberish. If you wish to read samples and see real reviews of her articles many of which are in her book look at the Yahoo articles, they are often negativley reviewed because of this faulty advice. In my mind she is Trunk not Trump.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 7, 2007
Latest post:  Jul 30, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
Brazen Careerist: The New Rules for Success
Brazen Careerist: The New Rules for Success by Penelope Trunk (Hardcover - May 25, 2007)
3.7 out of 5 stars (50)