Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Brazilian Sexy: Secrets to Living a Gorgeous and Confident Life
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on April 7, 2010
This book is terrifically inspiring; giving lots of tips and hints for making things in life easier; and seeing the bright side. I have used some of the tips already! I felt like I was being talked to by a best friend. I can't wait to share it with my daughters, aunts, all the women in my life!
on June 17, 2010
This book has such a wealth of great relationship info that I bought several copies for friends. Guess what? Their boyfriends and husbands loved the book too. What a beautiful mind Janea Padilha has! And she conveys her uplifting philosophy with humor and charm. While the book highlights the author's Brazilian bikini wax invention, it's really about how she learned how to deal with life situations from her unconventional Brazilian mother. Honestly...it's some of the best advice I've ever seen.

Co-author and celebrity journalist Martha Frankel adds polish and her innate down-to-earth tone to this must-have gem. BTW...check out Martha Frankel's bio Hats & Eyeglasses. I couldn't put it down.

Cherie Rohn
co-author THIEF! The Gutsy, True Story of an Ex-Con Artist
on June 21, 2011
As a nonfiction reader, my "guilty pleasures" are the books on French women, Southern women, etc. I don't expect great information, just amusement and entertainment so I thought I would enjoy reading a Brazilian perspective, but I felt that her main emphasis was on her waxing business and how she counseled her clients.
on July 10, 2010
I love this book. It is fun and stylish.Reading this book is like talking to a lovely girlfriend on the Saturday afternoon. She is bubbly and cute.You will enjoy this book for sure = D
on February 11, 2012
Loved this book. Ms. J covers practically every topic you can imagine with honesty, energy, comedy and love. You can see that she loves what she does and enjoys sharing her life experiences to help others.
on April 12, 2010
Loved reading this book. It was interesting to hear about Janea's life in Brazil and here in the US. Brazilian Sexy emphasizes positive energy and being sexy from the inside out. I liked reading the same beauty advice Janea dispenses to supermodels and the other women who can make it to her New York City salon, even if I can't get there in person. The writing is lively and fresh and you feel like you are listening to your smartest friend tell you truths you need to hear. It made me feel happy and confident, even if I'm not perfect, I can still be Brazilian Sexy.
on July 7, 2011
I wasnt impressed. After all the good reviews i figured I couldnt go wrong, i love those motivational "you can do it if you believe" type books. This is mainly just stories she has told her clients at the salon. Poorly written too, the book read the way a latin foreigner would speak. Yes its english, but its simple.
on April 25, 2010
Martha Frankel never holds back from bringing a sense of truth and purpose to her work. She's in perfect synch with Janea Padilha's voice and vision. Brazilian Sexy doesn't need to disrobe to be tantalizing, evocative and inspiring. Instead it's a conversational page-turner soon to climb to the top of the book charts. This is a sisterhood book to be shared with all. Male readers are not shunned but encouraged to read this book that's empathetic and caring about their needs. The book's tonality embraces a theme of positive energy entitled: Brazilian Sexy: Secrets to Living a Gorgeous and Confident Life.
on April 12, 2010
I love this gem of a book.
After finishing Brazilian Sexy, I felt terrific. It helped me immediately with the way I felt about myself.
I ran to give it to a girlfriend, who I thought would also love the bits of wisdom Janea Padilha shares.
Got some great advise (beauty, sex and relationship) and came away with more confidence than I have had for a while.
How many books can do that?
I recommend this book to women AND men of any age.
Thanks Janea and Martha Frankel.
on March 4, 2013
This book is fairly simple and although it contains of few useful tips, in my opinion its main interest resides more in the fact that between the lines, you can see a very endearing woman, with a very down-to-earth, traditional wisdom. You feel like your nice, not-too-educated but smart grandmother is talking to you. Just the same, this reading was very cute and comforting.