Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 114 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 144 reviews
on September 20, 2017
Perfect timing! Best book, I understood everything she wrote about! It changed the way I eat!!!
on August 25, 2017
Good read
on August 23, 2017
Still working through this one. Again an easy read for me and the author gives good information to to assist the reader in determining what emotional eating is and how to help you through the rough spots of emotional eating.
on June 22, 2017
Opened my eyes and I really related to it on a personal level. If you are trying to decide whether to read or not.....read it.
on June 7, 2017
Well written, good info, easy to read...I love Geneen Roth's books...have read 4 of them now. They will be on my shelf for a long time for many re-reads.
on May 3, 2017
So insightful!
on April 16, 2017
First of all this book is not as much about breaking free from emotional eating as it is about acknowledging and embracing it. This book has a lot of good advice but totally lost me when the author talked about food "humming" and her husband driving her 15 miles down a dirt road in the rain after dinner so she could get a truffle, (which she proceeded to take only a couple bites from and gave the rest to her husband to finish off." If that isn't giving in to emotional eating I don't know what is! Wow, I guess you can mind over matter pretty much anything but to advise people to acknowledge and give in to humming food, AKA cravings, and validate it as giving your body what it needs most at that particular moment in time is snake oil advice at best. Your body doesn't need truffles, however your emotional mind does.
on December 25, 2016
Fantastic book - about so much more than eating.
on December 19, 2016
My wife is enjoying reading this book. She can relate to much of what is written and has leaned a few tips.
on November 30, 2016
I need to re-read again, but I really took a lot away from this book. Taking what you've read and implementing into your busy lifestyle... now that's another challenge.