Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 11-20 of 726 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 802 reviews
on February 18, 2012
Have you heard about neuroplasticity? Probably you have, since it is becoming a common term thanks to the brain discoveries available with our latest technologies. If you haven't heard about it, I suggest you to google it while your copy of this book arrives because it will be a topic that will come up in a dinner conversation very soon :).

Dr. Joe on Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself, combines the science with the HOW TO apply the new discoveries that surround neuroplasticity on our daily lives. Is your life already good? Make it even better! Do you think it could be better? whether your answer is yes or not, this is a must read. I highly recommend this book.

Why is it important to me that functional brain scans are showing that people are activating and expanding clusters of neurons in a specific area of the brain just by rehearsing a thought? Times are changing and to use neuroplasticity with all the amazing discoveries as a topic for your next dinner conversation is fun, but this book will teach you that true empowerment comes when we start to look deeply at our beliefs. It will teach you how to "install" the neural hardware needed to physiologically prepare you for new amazing events by creating the "real estate" of neurons ready to take advantage of opportunities that may have been invisible in the past. Dr Joe takes you on a journey on how to go from thinking to doing to being using our 3 brains, stepping toward your New Destiny in a state of creation and not in a state of survival or by default.
Like any other skill, "..if you keep installing, reinforcing, and refining your neurological hardware, the end result of that repetition is a neural network - in effect, a new software program. Just like a computer software this program (for example, a behavior, an attitude, or an emotional state) now runs automatically.." Dr. Joe says.

And my favorite question you can answer after reading the book:
"..Can you believe in a future you cannot yet see or experience with your senses but have thought about enough times in your mind that your brain is actually changed to look like the experience has already happened ahead of the physical event in your external environment? If so, then your brain is no longer a record of the past but has become a map to the future.."
77 comments| 203 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2013
I am really enjoying this book, and find the knowledge and insights very applicable and useful in my own life. I enjoy both scientific and philosophical insight and believe that the two can complement each other quite well. I am also not stuck on scientific proof for everything since science is continually evolving and it cannot be the only source of insight or practical guidance.

When reading the early chapters of the book it reignited the sense of what is possible and what one can achieve. The principles are very similar to John Kehoe's book on Mind Power. The difference is that the latter does not attempt to ground the ideas on scientific knowledge but instead bases them on practical experience. Joe Dispenza attempts to explain the mechanics of the visualisation process as electromagnetic waves emanating from the brain and causing some kind of collapse of the wave function of all possible futures. The interpretations of QM have been much debated, but it is quite clear that JD is using the 'collapse of the wave function' interpretation to explain this process. The mention of electromagnetic waves and how they relate to the quantum process is very debatable. I did however find this part inspiring and believe that the description of the process does have truth in it, even if the explanation is really a bad mish mash of scientific concepts resulting in something not scientific at all.

The mention of God has been criticised by some readers, but this was not a major stumbling block for me because it is clear that this is not a scientific hypothesis. What really dropped the quality of the ideas in the book for me was the explanation of higher and lower frequencies in relation to emotions. The author draws a diagram showing 'higher frequency' emotions as being more love, more energy and less matter, whereas the 'lower frequency' emotions such as greed or lust having more matter and less energy. What is this about? Frequencies of what? Lower frequency brain waves are actually the main outcome of meditation.

Science does actually connect matter to waves through de Broglie's relation which states that the kinetic energy of matter is related to it's frequency, but the relationship of 'higher emotions' to 'less matter more energy' seems like complete nonsense.

Is this non science being presented to us in the language of science? If so, the author has not made it clear enough to readers what is science and what is not, continuing the ongoing misuse of science to present spiritual insights. As mentioned before, I believe that a true cooperation of the science and other human endeavors such as religion and spirituality can be a wonderful step forward in our world, but the confusion being spread in this book makes it more a barrier to be overcome than something that can help us achieve this goal.
on October 18, 2013
I am six weeks into the meditations from this book, and I can see and feel that I am a different person from the one who sat down to read it. My life has been lifted to a new level, and I am truly joyful and happy. Read it with an open mind. Then do the work. You will be amazed as doors open and opportunities appear. Awesome, awesome book. If you give yourself no other gift......give yourself this one!!
on November 22, 2013
I began the meditations, focusing on releasing self-hatred. Within a week I felt a fundamental change in the way I felt about my mother: I stopped hating her! A week after that I greatly reduced the behavior of hating and criticizing myself all day long. After a lifetime of low self-esteem, I feel remarkably good! I'm looking forward to a new me that loves myself, is kind to myself and doesn't binge on sugar anymore.

UPDATE 12/4/13: I've struggled with depression for most of my life, but since reading this book, my depressed periods are reduced. Doing Dispenza's daily meditation makes me feel so good, I'm hooked on it, but it takes a huge daily commitment and a willingness to seriously examine your emotions and beliefs.
UPDATE 3/25/14: now I'm using the meditation to work on my money situation. I've recently become aware of a way to make money that I hadn't considered before and now I'm collecting two paychecks. In addition to working my new home business, I visualize myself holding paychecks of certain amounts and seeing bank balances of certain amounts. As I do this I feel gratitude and joy at having reached my goals (I'm sure reality will catch up soon). I'm also visualizing myself fitting into clothes that I outgrew last year. With no emphasis on changing my eating or exercise habits, I've started to lose weight over the past three months. It's very gradual, but it's happening! My favorite Dispenza quote: "It's not your job to try to create it. It's your job to design it."
55 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2017
This is fantastic and life changing! It can be a little weighty sometimes. Yet, it's well worth the effort. I was so impressed with this material hat I wanted to meet the author. I attended one of his workshops last month & he's even more impressive in person. He's a brillant warm genuine man who is probably the best teacher I've ever encountered.... such a gift to our planet!! I suggest reading or listening to this again and again it will enhance your life greatly!
on August 16, 2014
You know something is NOT going right in your life and has not been for a long, long time. This book, if you are willing, will lead you to an intimate understanding as what is happening. It is not easy. And for most of us we won't be willing to dig in until our lives are really in the toilet...... But this book provides a guide out of Hell's Bathroom if you are will to address some important facts about yourself, and how reality really works. I expect one out of 10 people will finish this book once the start it. But the one will understand what the word Transformation means. Good luck.
on April 18, 2017
Half way through and so exited to change my life. Written so cleanly, clearly that I easily get mind visuals about what he is talking about. I'm 62 and am determined to change who I am, how I react to situations and what I want to attract to my life. I have read other books that talk about much of what is written here...it is like they were the cake and this book is the frosting...I see that this is all do-able and I am diving in.
on November 14, 2015
I've often tried and failed to make changes in my life. I've read books on motivation, NLP and positive self-talk. But this book explained why I've struggled so often when I tried to change my habits and mind-set. My body is chemically addicted to my present way of living and thinking. It resists my good intentions and I end up the same old person I always was.

I highly recommend this book if you're trying to become a better or the best version of yourself that you can be. I think I could have made changes in my mind-set in months instead of years. I'm using what I've learned from Dr. Dispenza to keep growing and being better at being me.
on October 16, 2016
Love this program! After listening to these CDs I ordered You Are The Placebo, same author. I have been studying these types of topics for many years, and I must say that Dispenza gives excellent information from perspectives that resonate with me. For those who want to overcome victimhood, this is a giant step in an upward direction.
on February 17, 2016
Like a lot of these books - too much time spent on build-up-hype -- selling you on their idea. Does do a good job of showing steps and making you realize that change is work and takes time - just reading the book won't change you.