Breakthrough Photography 77mm X4 6-Stop ND Filter For Camera Lenses, Neutral Density Professional Photography Filter With Lens Cloth, MRC16, SCHOTT B270 Glass, Nanotec, Ultra-Slim, Weather-Sealed
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- WORLDS SHARPEST AND MOST COLOR NEUTRAL ND: From the moment you pick up X4 ND you’ll immediately feel the craftsmanship and quality. X4 ND maintains a very well controlled and flat transmission all the way throughout the visible spectrum and into IR, delivering the worlds most color neutral results.
- MRC16 OPTICAL COATING: 16 Layer Multi-Resistance Coated to significantly reduce lens flare and ghosting while making the filter Anti-Scratch, Reduce Reflection, Water Repellent, Increase Surface Durability, Oil & Dust Resistant. All these fantastic attributes are essential for working effectively outdoors. Our proprietary MRC coating is structurally harder than the glass itself and the reduced reflections improve the efficiency since less light is lost.
- NANOTEC®: In addition to state-of-the-art MRC, our optical engineers developed new nano coating layer technology, called nanotec®, from the ground up to repel dirt, water and other elements by beading rather than absorbing and smearing. Set in our workhorse and built to withstand extreme wind, salt water, dust and other abrasive conditions and elements.
- FITMENT: Compatible with all 77mm camera lenses. Your lens thread size will be printed underneath your lens cap or written somewhere on the lens barrel. Make sure you order the correct size otherwise it will not fit your lens.
- 25 YEARS SUPPORT: Guaranteed to be free from craftsmanship defects for 25 years. When you activate your 25 Year Ironclad Guarantee online we associate your X4 serial number to you, so any future discussions on this unique filter are tracked, issues recorded and all that stuff which goes into future product design.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
77mm X4 6-Stop ND (Neutral Density) Filter For Camera Lenses - Breakthrough Photography
Featuring SCHOTT Superwhite B270 optical glass made in Germany, MRC16, and nanotec® nano coatings, the X4 ND is among the most color neutral filters available to photographers. The 6-stop X4 ND features an incredibly durable weather-sealed traction frame that makes getting filters on-and-off a whole lot easier.
Constructed of high quality brass CNC machined with our signature traction frame, the X4 ND is easier than ever to attach and remove securely, even with gloves on in cold conditions.
Guaranteed to be free from craftsmanship defects for 25 years.
- MRC16 to reduce reflection and to increase surface durability
- X4 ND is the most color neutral and has the flattest transmission curve of any ND filter, guaranteed.
- 25 years support
- SCHOTT Superwhite B270 optical glass made in Germany
- Nano coating layer technology, called nanotec®
- Durable weather-sealed traction frame
- 1 x 77mm X4 6-Stop ND Filter
- Plastic Storage Case
- 1 x Lens Cloth
25 Year Guarantee
We stand behind all our products 100%. Each and every filter is guaranteed to be free of craftsmanship defects for a period of 25 years.
- USA-based customer service
- phone support
- email support
- live chat support
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Know up front that this is a 'Kickstarter' company. In general they have the wrong attitude about starting and running a company - business in general - and that doesn't usually lead to a company that will be around long term or be able to maintain production of quality products. If you expect to be able to buy more or replacements in five years, or that they won't be produced in some backwater of China out of defective plastic and used bubblegum, that's probably unrealistic.
On the other hand, I hope they're successful and stick around. The products I've used so far are of very good quality, well thought out and well built. When they say their Neutral Density filters are neutral, they're not kidding. I know some people don't care about color cast and some even use it to good effect, and, yes, I KNOW you can get rid of it in post, but I really, REALLY hate spending more time in post just because I couldn't be bothered to purchased a decent filter.
The other thing I really like about these filters is the clarity. I can't speak for whether these are good enough for professionals, but personally I can't tell the quality between images taken on a Sony a99MK2 with Zeiss glass with or without one of these ND filters (and I've really tried).
The other thing I really like - mostly because I'm old - is the serrations on the ring. They're easier to hold on to and much easier to install and remove than filters with the tiny micro grooves that pass for serrations.
Overall I'm very happy with the product. I don't know if they're good enough to convince me to stop buying Hoya filters all together, but I certainly don't regret buying these. :)
As for picture quality, I am amazed at the corner sharpness I'm getting from this filter. I had been using mid-grade filters (~$50 each) from Hoya and Tiffen, and these are a noticeable step up (not that a $50 filter is bad, but a discerning eye can notice the reduced sharpness). I would be hard pressed to notice any degradation in real-world sharpness when using this filter. Colors remained neutral in the scene I was shooting; I can't see any color difference between my shots with and without the filter.
Overall I am very impressed. I will be adding more of these to my kit in the future.
The attached picture is a 2-frame panorama from Great Falls Park near Washington DC. The 6-stop filter let me extend the exposure to blur the water. A sharp image across the individual frame results in a stitched panorama that is sharp everywhere; I am glad that I can now do panoramas like this without worrying about a sharpness-robbing ND filter.