Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on October 23, 2017
Every hospital should buy this book in bulk and hand them out for free.

I was expecting a biographical story of this and that but discovered while some of that existed, other peoples' stories were added. The truth was not hidden. Fluff was not added. Honest knowledge of what to expect and how to help is all I found.

This book helped me traverse what we never thought we'd have to. I thank you, Mr. Marc Silver, ​for putting this book out there.

The one area it felt to have fallen short was near the end - after "standard chemo treatment and breast augmentation." The book left me hanging for more. But, now that we're continuing with other treatments for my wife, I understand why as each patient is very different at this stage of treatment.
One person found this helpful
on August 5, 2016
To all the husband's with a wife with breast cancer, you should read this book. For all the husbands with a wife without breast cancer, you should read this book too; that way you don't make the mistakes and fumbles that so many of us husbands do when you first those words..."I have cancer." Nothing can prepare you for that moment or the days that follow, but this book gives you a head start and a peak behind the curtain into what so many husbands, boy friends, and fiancés experience weekly when that Doctor reveals your worse fear. It's a great read from what to expect through the various stages of breast cancer.
on June 22, 2015
I needed a book that was clear, understandable, and human. I was diagnosed with breast cancer just one month after becoming engaged. My future husband is not an avid reader, but I needed for him to have a clear picture of what he was taking on.

This author has a great sense of humor while imparting the harsh realities of living with this disease from a partner's perspective. From a patient's perspective, I can tell you that he nailed it, and doesn't shy away from talking about some of the impacts and life-changing realities that your doctors will likely not mention to you or your spouse.

Remember the loved ones in your life who are living the nightmare with you. They need care and understanding support on this journey too. This book pays tribute to that and gives them another weapon in their arsenal to help you fight.
on May 12, 2016
This book is very helpful to any man who's wife as been diagnosed with breast cancer. It focuses on managing your new roles as a breast cancer husband. While a few of the anecdotes are somewhat dated, people (and our emotions) remain very much the same. For the most up to date technical information look elsewhere. But for solid, practical advice on how to support your wife in this unwanted battle against breast cancer, this book is highly recommended.
3 people found this helpful
on April 5, 2013
I read this before giving it to my Dad who needed a little help in the caretaker position! My mom needed more help than him going to work to provide the insurance!(He thought that was what she needed) Poor guy didnt have a clue what she was going through, but NOW he does, thanks to his lovely, helpful daughter and this BOOK! LOL lets just say there where a few hundred sticky notes hanging out of it when he got it, just little notes of where I thought he needed to read to help her out! :) It wasnt his fault, she has just been taking care of everybody her whole life and he didnt know what to do, but I loved the book because it hits all types of personalities of the women that are going through this and yet gently lets the men know that their women need them in alot more ways than one at this point in their life!
on September 4, 2016
The book details how a man should act to get his spouse through her cancer. As a survivor, I feel that it is a great guide to what I would have liked my husband to do. It validated how I felt and it was an objective reference that helped me to understand where a man is coming from. Lastly, it spelled out what a husband's role is during the process.
3 people found this helpful
on July 8, 2016
This was one of the BEST books and was a huge help to us as I went thru a year of cancer treatments. We both read the book often and the way it's structured it's easy to read a chapter and put it down to come back to later. Things were explained very well!
I recommend it to everyone I know that faces a breast cancer diagnosis.
One person found this helpful
on January 2, 2018
This is an excellent book for a Husband going through this challenge with his wife. I struggled to find a guys support group with no luck. I read other books, no good. This guy was "me." I promised that whenever I had a friend or a friend of a friend going through this with his wife I would buy this book for them.
on December 29, 2012
It is devastating to get the news for the first time, and you want answers now! When my wife was diagnosed with stage IV metastatic breast cancer, and I did not know what to do, who to believe, or how to help my wife. Please get this book, it helped a lot. Things move very fast after the first diagnosis, and you need the information now.

NOTE: I ordered this on Kindle to get instant response. I messed up my Kindle order (never used kindle before) but they were kind enough to help me out until I got it.
NOTE: [...] helps a lot too!
NOTE: be carefull about who you tell at work. You may want to tell only you boss with confidentiality. Work is about competition and performance, not so much about empathy.

I pray that you and your wife get the response you need, and the peace that only God can provide.
5 people found this helpful
on March 31, 2018
Bought it for my brother ... my SIL was diagnosed in December. He said, "I haven't read a book in 30 years, but this one I read." It really helped him.