Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Breast Men [VHS]
Top Customer Reviews
If all of that doesn't make it clear enough, Breast Men is about a lot more than just breast implants. It tells the true (though the facts of the story are obviously given a rather broad interpetation) story of the two Houston doctors who, in 1962, first perfected the silicon breast implant.Read more ›
This is not a sexual romp, nor a light-hearted comedy. It is, rather, a formulaic drama containing the following elements:
* The overly-conservative doctor who sees his peers enjoying medical successes and eventually siezes upon the original work of his protege to allow him to realize that success.
* The stumbling, bumbling, about-to-fail student who comes up with an original idea that is eventually embraced and promoted, and who eventually resents his mentor for "stealing" his idea.
* The uncaring scientific company that promotes its own solution rather that the safer solution originally presented.
* A capricious society that overreacts in a number of ways to every turn of events.
* The loving and supportive wife who sticks by her man despite his total disregard for her wishes.
All of this lessens the film tremendously. But, to the film's credit, where we see the obvious clash of "good" and "evil" represented by the two doctors' post-split polar stances, I'm gratified to see that neither stance is presented as an absolute - there is bad in the "good" stance and there is good in the "bad" stance.
The acting is generally good. Schwimmer shows more range that we're used to seeing, and Cooper steps somewhat (though not too far) out of his normal character.Read more ›
As a slightly titillating drama made in 1997 based around the history of a somewhat squalid industry, in which a comic strand early on is crowded out by darker, more troubling themes as things progress, it has quite a lot in common with "Boogie Nights". But "Boogie Nights" is a much better movie.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very interesting, as a documentary and how it became a concern to the medical profession as well as to some women.Published 4 months ago by VICTOR GAEDE
If your teenage son likes big boobs, this is a great story of the two plastic surgeons who started the big-boob fad decades ago and made strip-clubs as commonplace as they are... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Dr. P
Look for Similar Items by Category