Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Jon Batiste PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on September 18, 2012
Firstly, I received the wrong size (smartphone as opposed to tablet) despite the receipt and a sticker--slapped on a picture of an iPhone--telling me that I did indeed receive the tablet sized podium. Next, this is an obvious counterfeit. On Breffo's website, there are pictures of spiderpodia that look nothing like the one I received. The central "hub" where the legs meet has a hole through it, and doesn't carry the Breffo logo as those in the official images do.
22 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 21, 2015
Why 1 star? This thing breaks and becomes unusable too easily. The "joints" for two of the main "legs" broke after about a month of use -- right where they connect to the body.

The use I subjected this thing to was not harsh by any stretch of the imagination -- inserted and removed my device a few times a day.

I like the idea...to bad it can't stand up to a basic level of usage
on February 5, 2013
I got this to use as a stand for my ipad...in a case. It barely fit. Why people dont make tablet stands adjustable and large enough to hold a tablet with a case is beyond me.

Legs started breaking on it pretty soon, too. I'll take one as my fault for making it fit a tablet with a case, but the other 2? Just in moving them around they broke pretty quick. $35 is a lot to have something fit poorly and break easily. I expected more because I have one for my phone and love it, but I dont bend it around as often as I do this one to put the tablet here, there and everywhere.

Might be good if you want to put it in one place and leave it. I use it in the car for the kids and it still works ok, but it is a little annoying.
on August 5, 2017
What I assume to be metal legs inside the rubber outer cover broke at the joint connecting them to the spine block after two weeks of use. The product is worthless now. The rubber shell stays intact but the rod inside snaps.
on November 4, 2012
This is a review of my order experience, not a review of the product.

From what I can tell there are two sizes, the original SpiderPodium, for Cellphones, and the SpiderPodium Tablet, for ipads and the like. I wanted this to attach ipad to my exercise bike. I confirmed the different sizes on Breffo website.

When ordering, I clicked the "Amazon Fullfillment" designated vendor. When I received the item, it was the smaller version, not the larger Tablet version. The vendor had stuck a "Tablet" label over the original labeling, which of course doesn't change what it is any more than putting a "Mercedes Benz C280" label on it. In fact, it strikes me as deceptive, although of course I have no way of knowing that. Definitely frustrating. According to Amazon chat:

Kimberly:It looks like Warehouse Deals, which is a part of Amazon.com.
on May 12, 2012
I did buy this item for travel purpose. I fly a lot and I never could find a solution for holding my Ipad in the plane. So I use the Breffo because I started with campings sticks that I wrap around the edges of the ipad and hang it on the top of the seat in front of me. With this spider it is more convenient. Still it is a little bulky and when you put it back to its original position it does go back exactly like suppose to. I would say for the time being it is a great tool for people who use their ipads in planes or in fitness clubs. If a slimmer version comes then it would be time to change.
on January 12, 2016
I have two of these (the first one I have used for over a year) and they are great. Good lmaterials, prompt delivery and I have found so many places to use them that I had never thought of. Had to buy the second one as I usually wanted it in the "other room". llm
on September 2, 2014
I have searched the stand or holder for the ipad for a long time and accidentally found this and I am using this all the time in my car or in my office. There are two kinds of it, one for the tablet and another for the phone, you better have two because the tablet one is too big for the phone. If you see the video for how to use it, but it seems like little bit small for ipad but still fit
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I went with an iPad Mini case that doesn't have its own stand and decided to try out the Spiderpodium. It is very unique and can be used in so many different ways, at different angles. It takes a little getting used to, figuring out what works for you, but once you do get the hang of it, you can make it work on most surfaces, at most angles. Plus, it's really unique looking.

Highly recommended.
on July 29, 2014
i got this for my dad who drives a lot. even though he has navigation built into his car, and on his phone, he prefers to follow the gps on his ipad because it's bigger and easier to use than the others. he hangs it from his ac vents. and he said when he's parked and has time to kill, he hangs it from his steering wheel and reads ebooks.

he says it's great and he loves it.