Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Brentwood KT1785 Stainless Steel Electric Tea Kettle, 1.5-Liter, Red
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc  Trolls Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Halloween Amazon Cash Back Offer Transparent Transparent Transparent  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition GNO Shop Now STEM

on January 2, 2013
The kettle worked fine for the first 2 weeks. Then corrosion began to appear around the spout. A week later, rust began appearing inside the kettle on the bottom plate which is supposed to be "stainless steel". We were very disappointed with this product.
on May 17, 2013
Update: I've used this kettle about three times a day for the past 16 months. It's still works like it did the first time. This little guy has turned out to be the best purchase I've ever made on Amazon. I really can't imagine life without it.

I've used this about 15 times in the past week and so far so good.
The only gripes I have are
A)Cord could be longer.
B)It would be nice to have a fill line outside.
C)Boy does calcium build up fast in this thing I use only filtered water in this thing and it gets that cloudy calcium film after every use, but as I'm typing this it occurs to me that maybe it's because I leave leftover water in it. I'll stop doing that and see what happens.
*Just a little heads up - don't let calcium build up or you'll never get rid of it. Also with anything stainless steel it would be a worth while investment to purchase some 'Barkeepers friend'. That stuff rocks!

Also I wish it boiled water a little bit hotter. Don't get me wrong it works fine for tea but I put honey in my tea and the water that comes out of this isn't quite hot enough to dissolve the honey in the water 100%, I'd say 85-90%. But I think it's a fair trade off for the speed and convenience.

The pluses are -
A)the water has very minimal contact with the plastic lid. The only part of the water that touches it is the moisture produced by the steam.
B)speed
C)small footprint
D)Color is cool
E)price - under $20, no brainier, really. If it lasts a year great, if not oh well. But it seems better built then most appliances made today so I have no reason to suspect it won't last.

I just recently started drinking tea and as such this is my first electric tea kettle so I really have no point of reference other then stove top tea pots. When I first opened the box I was surprised how small it was. I guess I thought it would be fatter and taller. But looks can be a little deceiving, I guess, as this will easily heat enough water to fill three standard size travel mugs, but not anymore.

To sum it up - I like it!

All The Best
on June 14, 2015
I waited about six months before writing this review to make sure I was still just as happy with it now as I was when I purchased it. Three things I like best about this kettle is that it shuts off when the water starts boiling, if the pot boils dry, and if it over heats. I am forever putting on a pot of water with the intention of making a French press coffee and then going about my business and completely forgetting I put the water on. This kettle has never failed me and had a meltdown. And not only does it shut off once the water starts boiling but it keeps the water hot for a very long time. If I've forgotten it and come back 45 minutes later the water is still hot enough that all I have to do is flip it back on and it boils again in about one minute. Also my husband has a scary habit of turning it on without actually checking to see if there's any water in the pot, and after barely heating up the pot immediately shuts off after detecting that there is no water in it with no damage to the pot whatsoever. I can't even begin to count how many other kettle's he's ruined by doing this. We do live in an area where the water is very hard so we do have calcium buildup every few weeks, but this is easily remedied by boiling a pot of half water/half vinegar, then rinsing and boiling two pots of plain water to get rid of the vinegar taste. All calcium and hard water spots will be 100% gone. My only negative is that I would like the cord to be longer. Other than that I absolutely love the color, the design of the handle making it very easy to grip, the design of the spout making it splash resistant so that you don't get burned, and the ease with which the kettle clicks onto the base. I would definitely buy this kettle again.
on October 11, 2014
This has worked great for about a year. We use it for our french press and tea. Some spots appear inside and on the spout so I boil vinegar water and they completely disappear (then boil a couple pots of water to get rid of the vinegar smell and any possible taste).
on January 12, 2015
I love my electric tea kettle! I use it in my office at work and love having it available to make cocoa or tea. Heats up quickly (about 2 minutes - same as a cup in the microwave) and is easy to pour. The lid does need to snap shut, but I've never had an issue with it. Also I love that the switch flips off as soon as it's boiling so that I don't have to worry about over boiling. Another great thing is that there isn't a whistle, so I don't have to worry about bothering my co-workers. I haven't had any taste issues, and the only down side is that if you use tap water it does cause scaling. I'm going to have to give my kettle a vinegar bath soon to get rid of it.
on August 13, 2016
Well, it worked for a year. We used it maybe 1-2 times a week, if that. A couple of months ago, it started tripping the circuit breaker occasionally when we used it. Today, it tripped the breaker AND quit working. I couldn't remember how long we had the kettle, and realized it was purchased almost exactly a year ago. Oh well. It worked great before it died. RIP.
on March 8, 2015
This water kettle is perfect for my apartment. It's a really nice color too! As far as the rusting that some reviews complained about, you really should be dumping the water out once you are done with it. I've been using it for a couple months now with dumping out the extra water once I make my drink and I don't have a single spot of rust. Everything about this kettle has been perfect for me.
on August 3, 2016
I don't know what other reviewers were thinking because I LOVE this teapot!!!! I bought 2! I wanted one for our 5th wheel, and I ended up buying an extra one for our home too. I love how it is stainless steel so no plastic, it totally shuts off so that is a huge plus! and the color is fabulous. You can order it in traditional stainless finish as well if it matches your look also. I ordered red! And I saw posts about the cord length not being long enough.... seriously, the cord is longer than my Hamilton Beach coffee pot - so again I don't know what people were negative about. . I did NOT get this pot free, so I am putting an honest review and if you are looking for a little electric water kettle, get this one!!!
review image review image review image review image
on October 17, 2013
I like the way that this heats so fast. Its also portable plugging into any plug. I gave this product 4 stars because you have to be careful when pouring the water out. It does leak a bit.
on June 29, 2014
I've been using this kettle for a couple of months now. Unlike some reviewers, I haven't had any problem with build-up or taste (we do have soft municipal water, though.) I don't have a problem with the short cord -- a longer cord could pose a risk of being accidentally pulled or caught, and dumping boiling water on somebody. The cord winds up neatly in the base, so you can leave it out on the counter without it dangling. Some folks have complained that it takes too long to boil -- compared to what? Certainly not a stove top kettle! I find it comes to a boil quickly, and shuts off promptly. The spout directs the steam away, so it doesn't rise up and hit my hand as I pour. The handle is wide enough to accommodate a large man's hand, yet a small woman can grab it securely. There's minimal contact with plastic -- the steam does condense on the plastic lid though, and could fall back into the pot. The red is a little darker than some of the popular red appliances like Kitchen Aid, but it's a pretty red and works and blends well with others!