Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Foo Fighters PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 105 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 108 reviews
on May 13, 2010
I've had this bedrest for 2 months now and am sorry to report that the stitching of the seams is very poorly done and just isn't holding up over time. While I don't use this backrest every single night, when I do use it I tend to use it for extended periods of time (2 to 4 hours). There are holes starting in the stitching where the arms meet the back of the pillow and the "handle" is basically unusable unless you want to risk tearing it off completely. The pillow is is fairly heavy and none of the seaming seems to have been reinforced to accommodate its intended use. I have downgraded my review as a result of these holes forming in the seams. While I only paid about $20 for this item I still feel let down as I think that getting only 2 months of use out of it before it started falling part is a little ridiculous. I have not downgraded it to a 1 because it is attractive, the fabric is soft and the pocket is a good idea. It would be pretty sitting on a bed that doesn't get used often - like a guest room. (Also, my cat likes it.) My original review follows.

________________

I read a lot in bed and purchased this bed rest in hopes that it would help eliminate back fatigue. It provides nice solid support for my back though I often need to wedge a pillow behind my head for better neck support during extended use. Otherwise, I find myself slouching and scooting down the bed and using it as an over sized pillow instead. The handle is not stitched on very well and I try not to use it much - it won't take much to rip it off as the backrest is fairly heavy. I also find myself wishing that the "arms" were a little bit bigger to better support my elbow as I often notice that I have bunched up my blanket under my arm to support it while I'm reading.
on March 1, 2014
I have a 50" flat screen in front of my king sized bed. No I'm not a fat couch potato, I just love beds and tv's, mk?
I bought two of these pillow seat things (one for me, one for girlfriend) and it's effectively transformed my situation into a couch bed, which is awesome.
I have no idea where these people are coming up with half of this s*** when they say their handles are coming off and its poor quality and blah blah blah. I THROW mine across the room by its handle when its time to make squeaky and mine are still completely comfy and intact.
The only complaint you might have, which is a non-issue for me since my headboard and my sheets are black, is that the color kind of rubs off until you wash it the first time. I can confirm this because my iphone charger cable USED to be white... Is now red on one half :) . BTW hand wash these babies and air dry if you have a fan or something of the sort.
on February 16, 2015
I've had this for over a year now and absolutely love it. It's still holding it's shape and looks brand new. I use it all the time in bed to read or use my computer. The only negative is the red dye rubbed off on the white windowsill next to my bed so I'd recommend washing it alone before using it.

September 2016 UPDATE: I'm still loving this pillow! I bought it in February of 2013 and it's still going strong. This pillow got me through all of my all nighters in college. It hasn't lost it's shape even a little and it looks like new still. As for the dye issue, it came off the windowsill easily but I'd still recommend wiping it down with an old wash cloth or something before using it. Definitely recommend this product!
on October 26, 2015
I love this bedrest. It is so useful. The color is exactly what I wanted and is true to the picture. It is so soft but always keeps its shape. It is so comfortable. It really came in handy when I had surgery and couldn't sleep on my right side. As I am a right side sleeper, it was difficult for me to find a comfortable position or get any real rest at all. I used this to prop myself up a bit and was finally able to sleep. This is a great product and I recommend to everyone. It has so many uses and the pockets on the side for your remote or glasses or whatever are a really nice touch.
on November 17, 2010
This review is pretty straight forward. After all, we are talking about a pillow.

This backrest pillow comes in very nice color selections, which means you are bound to find a color you will like, if you wish to match it up with your bed.

This bedrest pillow is firm enough to support your back while in bed- yet not so stiff as to be uncomfortable.

It has handle at the top of the pillow, which makes it easy to transport to another room.

The company is offering a practical price, for a practical product.

For anyone looking for a little bit more in support for their back while reading,watching tv or using a laptop in bed, this pillow should do the job.

The quality of appearance is pleasing.

I, personally think the Faux Suede option is nicer than a basic fabric covering.

It lends a bit of class and the pillow does not look like the usual blah type bedrest pillows that we see in so many discount stores.

Overall: Comfortable- nice color selection( at least when I purchased it), the fake suede option lends a touch of class(but that is just my opinion)-and lastly, the price of about 20 bucks makes it a worthwhile, inexpensive investment for a back support.

Btw- This pillow was delivered to me faster than estimated so that was another plus.
on September 15, 2013
I love my bedrest. The color is warm, the fabric is very suede like in feel (soft) and most importantly it is strong, sturdy, and comfortable for my back and body. I do not find that the fabric bleeds onto to my sheets, comforters, or backboard of my bed. It helps me sit more comfortable in bed to read, use the computer and some times sleep when I need to keep my head elevated due to medical conditions. It is easy to move around so if I change sheets, comforters, or just reposition where I am sitting in my bed, it is easy to do so and I have not had any problems. Even my young grandson uses it with my assistance at first to sit up in comfort and now to pull himself up and walk along my bed. So I would say it was one of the best presents to myself, that I have bought in a long time. And Amazon shipped it well and quickly.
on February 12, 2011
I had to return this item, due to its strong, rather unpleasant odor. I noticed it right away, after taking it out of the plastic bag it came in. So I set it outside in the sun for 2 days, thinking that would help. Nope. Had it in my bedroom on the third day, with the door closed and when I came home that night, the whole room had a distinctly chemical smell. Not super strong, mind you. But definitely there and definitely not something I'd want to be leaning against on a nightly basis. I'm just glad it wasn't a couch or something that would have been an even bigger hassle to return.
on September 9, 2012
I bought this bedrest after looking around at a few others. I was hesitant to buy the Mulberry color since I would normally go with a chocolate, beige/taupe or neutral color. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The color, the feel of the fabric, and even the cute little pocket is wonderful! I haven't had issues lifting it from the handle, however most of the time I just pick it up and place it on my bed. The arm rest are a bit short so if you're looking for something with a more comfortable arm rest this is not the bedrest for you. My sister has bought two previous bedrest and neither has been as cute/lovely as this one (she fell in love with this one when she saw it). I believe it looks nicer in person and the color is a little darker than in the picture. I would definitely recommend this.
on August 9, 2013
My back was killing me from sitting up on the bed or propping myself using my iPad for hours or watching TV etc. so I gave this a shot since I had one years ago and thought of it. This is great. Sadly, I keep finding it missing because my teens keep taking it while I'm at work, or even when I'm sleeping! I'm going to have to order more. It's held up nicely despite all this use for a couple of months - no pilling, ripping, fading. I was a little worried ordering something this big on line, but it came fast and well packaged in a big box. Excellent buy.
on November 13, 2012
I almost didn't buy this because the review that shows up first right now says that there was a problem with the stitching and it was basically falling apart. Actually a few people said that. So maybe it's true.

But in my case, I bought this 7 months ago and haven't had any trouble with it at all. It seems very well made. It looks very attractive, and feels nice as well. And it's very comfortable... especially if you put a nice soft pillow between you and it to kind of fill in the empty space.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.