Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,420 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,578 reviews
on November 26, 2014
I have severe ME/CFS and I have been housebound, often bedridden, for many years now. I am young and I deal with an invisible disease which causes intense chemical sensitivity along with extreme weakness, pain and chronic fatigue. My life is very challenging. But I do the best that I can to be as positive as possible within these constrains. …That said, I have very little money due to the fact that I cannot work and I have no family support. This mattress was a huge purchase for me. Even still, it is much less than most mattresses.

I think that I am the ultimate tester of a bed. That is one good thing about being bedridden for so long; I can test mattresses! Well, this mattress, is by far, the BEST BEST BEST mattress that I have ever slept on. I have had so many different mattresses throughout the years, including a Tempurpedic mattress. Honestly honestly, this bed is so comfortable and light. At first I was nervous that it would not hold up after a while, if at all. I am physically a big guy, about 250 pounds. But the bed has not had any sagging or odd spots in any way. It is not hot, as many other foam mattresses are. It is not too cool, for that matter either. I have NO problem with smell / odor or any chemical issues whatsoever. -And let me tell you, I aaalways do! MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity) is common with this illness, and I get really sick from almost everything in this world that is not totally natural.

This mattress has quite honestly helped my entire life. I am so so grateful to have found this. Perfect size, too. I recommend this to every single person I know and care about. Love it!!!
66 comments| 170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2014
I cannot say enough good about this bed. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I'm always in pain, but on this bed I can sleep on my sorest parts and, not only does it not hurt, it actually makes it feel better! It gives my poor body the support it needs without any pressure points. I was terrified of switching to memory foam after researching for months, but I slept on it for the first time last night and I am completely hooked. I got up at 7:30 and feel like I slept until 11:00. Do not hesitate to buy this!!!!!
33 comments| 205 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2015
I've only had this for a month but so far so good!!

So comfy!! It's firm but I sleep better with firm mattresses.
on July 20, 2015
I took a gamble & decided to try out another mattress from Amazon and the brand seemed to be getting good reviews so I went ahead and got myself this 10 inch gel memory foam mattress.

The packaging upon arrival was less than spectacular; dented, ripped and tape not all securely holding together but the manufacturer did a good job with all the plastic inside. The bed was quite heavier than I expected and we needed two people to remove it from the box.

The instructions are self explanatory, just cut it out of the plastic and let it expand. From my past experience, it wouldn't expand no where close to what was described initially but it was 10 inches right out of the plastic so kudos to Brentwood Homes for keeping it real.

The bed is a quite comfortable, a good medium between soft and firm. I'll update the review if anything changes about how I feel about the comfort of sleeping on it. But so far it was a great investment for not a lot of money.
review image review image
on July 2, 2014
I am a student on a budget, so I figured I had two options for buying a mattress: sneaking the air mattress out of my parent's house, or buying a used one. Now, while the upfront cost is appealing for both options, given that I have no money for neither continuous chiropractic appointments for the next 15 years nor long-course antibiotics to treat the plethora of fungal infections and MRSA sores I would doubtlessly end up with, I realized I needed to look for an alternative.

So I walk into a mattress store, and ask to see their cheapest mattress. Turns out, they're selling sheets of plywood for about 500 bucks now. As the commission-hungry saleswoman begins to educate me about their payment plans and reasonable delivery fee (as low as only 70 bucks!), I began to envision myself on the streets, a well equipped Fantine, if you will, with nothing to comfort me in the morning but a dewey, overpriced mattress.

No! I thought. Never! There must be a better option. But what?

And suddenly, I discovered this. It had "gel infused" parts, "bamboo" parts, "HD" parts and other marketing gimmicks that really mean nothing to me. But wait- "Made in the USA?" These were 4 words I'd rarely seen together before. It was as if some patriotic dock worker had scratched out "China" for his own personal warm fuzzies. For less than $240?!? Sorcery, I thought.

I was right. This thing is a full-sized cuboid of angel butts and the laughter of children. Not to mention, anyone who has seen this thing fluff up when you cut off the plastic KNOWS it has to be sorcery. Brentwood needs to change their logo to a pentagon with an Ouija board because we all know what's really going on.

So I let it fluff for a day, like the magic people said. There was a very, very faint chemical smell that disappeared after 24 hours, which I marked down to some sort of supernatural substance evaporating. Then I slept on it.

What an absolute delight. Now, I'm used to a firm mattress, and I like this. Think of it as an angel butt, but belonging to an angel who works out their glutes a fair amount. Very pleasant: not too firm, not too soft. Goldilocks. I haven't found it to be too warm to sleep on either; maybe the marketing gimmicks actually work? Who knows. Sorcery.

All I know, is that I do not regret this purchase one bit: it is worth every penny. Considering you can get two of these for the price of a very awful piece of plywood at your pushy local mattress chain, it's worth the "risk" of not being able to try it out beforehand. Plus, if a company will ship angel butts for free, you know they're going to be good to work with (which they have been).

TL;DR: If you want an expensive piece of upholstered plywood, by all means go to the the mattress place across from that Chinese place you like. If you want a good quality product, shipped to your door, that is a joy to behold and supports domestic industry? Don't bother going anywhere else: you're looking at the right product.
1414 comments| 206 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2016
This is described by the manufacturer and customer reviews as being "firm", but just look at the attached pic. When I sit on it, a full 6-8" of the 13" sags instantly! If you can, I recommend mattress shopping at a store where you can try them out, but I'm disabled & that is very hard for me, so I gave this a shot. IF the mattress had performed for me the way these reviews had claimed (two of them by similarly disabled people), then this would have been fine. I'm getting very frustrated with Amazon reviews not meeting my experience too frequently. I hate to think these reviews are fake, but there's no possible way one could mistake this for a firm matress!

The Good News: Amazon gave me a no-hassle full refund, and they don't even want the mattress back! So, hopefully I can donate this to a needy person. LOVE Amazon for taking such good care of customers!
review image
44 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2014
At 46, I’ve never owned a brand new bed in my life. Always had a 2nd hand mattress, and for the most part it’s been fine. But in the past few months, my mattress, which dates back to 1993, and been through two owners (and the box spring & frame dates to 1985), was finally giving away to the brawn of being a guy. I have intermittent back pain anyway, but it was getting worse on my old mattress . Who wants to wake up in pain? Sleep is supposed to be recuperative, not debilitating. I shopped and shopped and shopped and then shopped some more, for a new mattress. I started eyeballing memory foam mattresses. I soon learned that I didn’t need to save thousands of dollars for a good mattress. (Why pay for a name, when a small company can offer the same quality?) I narrowed my Amazon search for a few memory foam mattresses. Even found a few made in the USA. I read reviews, I went to mattress stores in my area and compared features and prices.

On April 16, 2014, I had enough money in my Amazon account to make the purchase. I was a bit nervous making such a huge purchase like that online, but I knew I’d done my research, and felt confident in clicking “Confirm Order”. I ordered an 11″ memory foam mattress with a gel topper, in a natural bamboo cover, made in the USA. On April 28, FedEx rang my doorbell, and I was like a kid in a candy store! The mattress comes shrink wrapped and is about 3″ thick. You have to open it up and let it expand.

Some notes:
1) The bed is very firm, but not uncomfortable. I was surprised at how firm a memory foam can be, especially for a big guy like me. I never feel like I've sunken so far down in it, that I'm uncomfortable.

2) It bounces right back after a night's sleep. By the time I come back from my morning routine, the bed is back to normal.

3) Regular sheets fit it nicely, and I didn't need any special sheets for it. However, I also normally buy flat sheets one size up to use for my mattress anyway, but right now I do have a regular queen size fitted sheet on it.

4) It'll sit on any regular box spring & frame, or platform type bed.

5) Some memory foam mattresses give off a terrible "new paint" type odor. With this one, there absolutely ZERO smell. I put it on my box springs & frame, and shut the bedroom door (to keep the cats off of it) for 12 hours. The windows were closed (it was still cold outside here), and when I opened the door that evening, there was no smell whatsoever. Normally you're supposed to let it expand for 48 hours but mine had a good 15 hours before I was on it, and it was fine the first night. It will expand better in a warmer temperature, than a cooler one.

6) I tend "sleep warmer" normally, always kicking off covers, even in winter (sometimes). The gel topper on this is great, and keeps me at a great temperature. The secret to the idea of memory foams being hot is that people don't get the right firmness. They sink into it to much, and as the mattress "hugs" them, they get hot. With a firmer mattress (for me), I don't feel overly hot at all in this mattress.

7) I had a 3" memory foam topper for my old mattress, and put it on this mattress at first. It was fine, but was a bit too "squishy", and also defeated the purpose of the gel topper. I'd recommend not putting any other sort of topper on it. It really is layered and made extremely well to hold many body types.

It's pretty incredibly how much spring mattresses, stitching, tufting, and all those mattress-y type things can never quite get you as comfortable as you want to be. The memory foam is a blank canvas every night, and you get great sleep on it. No divets, no wearing down or breaking down in the fabric, etc. My first night’s sleep on it was AMAZING! I still had some back pain the next morning over the first few days, but I realize sleeping on a memory foam is new territory. I don’t need all those extra body pillows, etc., that I'm used to. (I still use one, but haven't bothered with the others.) Just laying on the mattress, with a good pillow, is enough. Let the mattress do the job it's intended to do. Over the next few nights, I did sleep better though, tossed and turned much less, woke up less throughout the night, and felt 100% better the next morning. After a month, I wake up maybe once in the night to turn over, but others might not wake up at all.

I can't recommend this mattress enough!
1717 comments| 285 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2016
This is an excellent memory foam for an affordable price. I got a full size mattress for a little less than $500. An equivalent mattress from a brick and mortar will cost at least $1000, and more likely around $1500. One disadvantage of buying a mattress online is that you will not able to test its comfort and support. That was a chance I took, and it worked out greatly for me. By the way, the full size mattress is ~80 lb, not the 43 lb listed here.

This is a medium comfort mattress with:

Bamboo zipper cover
Natural wool layer
3.5-inch gel memory foam layer
2-inch ventilated airflow layer
7.5-inch therapeutic support base

(I have unzipped the cover and saw these 3 major layers: Gel memory, Ventilated, Support)

A little background knowledge. Memory foam mattresses been getting popular. Their biggest attractiveness is the memory foam ability to mold/contour to your body shape better than other materials, therefore yielding greater comfort and translating to better support. Its biggest and most common complaints are: (1) getting too heat (heat trap) and (2) body sunk in too deep, and not able to move around. Gel memory foam is the newer form of memory foam to mitigate the heat trap problem and the second ventilated airflow layer here is also to reduce the heat trap problem The final 7.5 inch support base is to do exactly that: support.

I will address a few important point here.
First, a few people here complained that their mattresses did not expand to the proper thickness. Mine did. The moment I opened the package the mattress immediately expanded to 12.5 inch in thickness. *I am not disputing their experience. I am just saying that mine is fine*
Second, it is summer now, and I set air conditioning at 80oF (not that cold). I have not once felt hot on the mattress. The mattress simply didn't feel any hotter than the rest of the room. So it seems the gel memory foam and the ventilated foam are working for me
Third, I have never felt trapped into the mattress. Moving and rolling on the mattress has been easy.
Fourth, it took me about 2 days to get used to this mattress. I was waking up in the middle of the night during my first 2 nights. I don't know if it is this mattress or that this is my first memory foam mattress. However, after 3 nights or so, I have been feeling great.
Fifth, I chose the medium support because I knew my comfort level is around medium to plush-medium. Since I could not test the mattress in person, I took the conservative choice and chose a mattress which *could* have been slightly firmer than my preference. Had the mattress been too hard for my liking, I can always put on a thin layer of mattress padding to increase the comfort level to make it feels softer. However, I believe it will be more difficult to make a mattress to feel firmer. This may be something for you to consider as well.
on January 2, 2016
Well...after a few months of trying to contact the company with no replies I'm leaving my review.

We bought 2 mattresses from them, both Twin XL. We are a military family, move a lot and are on a strict budget. We figured 2 would be easier to move than 1 King, especially for my wife when changing sheets and turning the mattresses (as recommended). Also knew that if we moved to a smaller home, we could separate the mattresses so each of our daughters would have their own bed and we cold go back to our Queen size bed.

We gave them a few months trial per the recommendations. One mattress is great, Medium/Firm the other is horrible! The sides collapse and you feel like you're going to fall out of the bed. I've resorted to having to put a pool noodle under the outside edge just to hold it up. Hoping the company will still come through as one of the mattresses is really comfortable.
on January 28, 2017
And still happy with the purchase.

We have had this mattress two years as of this month, guess it is time to review it.
It's firm without being stiff. The foam is soft enough to have some give and not cause numb/sore spots if we stay in one position for a while, but firm enough to offer good support to hips and lower back. We don't "sink into it" and it returns to a full state of level and firm within minutes of getting out of the bed.

I'll admit I am amazed we are two years into owning this mattress and it is still as firm, without sags as it was the day we took it out of the box.

My husband is 6ft and weighs about 235, I'm 5'3 weigh 140ish. The mattress hasn't developed any "sag" in it at all. We turn it head to foot every three or so month and when we do this I can feel a bit of an indent where my husband hips would be, but it firms back up a couple of days when he isn't on what is "my side" of the bed.
We slept on the second night we had it in our home. slept fine and neither of us noticed any kind of odor when we took it out of the box.

The frame we used is the STRUCTURES by Malouf HIGHRISE Folding Metal Bed Frame 14 Inch High Bi-Fold Platform Bed Base and Box Spring for a Cal king, the mattress fits perfect on the frame.

I figure we have a few more years use in the mattress and if it was used in a guest room and used only now and then, it would last years.