Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 747 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 770 reviews
on April 3, 2012
The kettle was a replacement for a plastic kind that I had used previously. After my "old" kettle broke down (the water level window popped off) I had decided to aim for something a bit better built without any windows or weaknesses where water could eventually find its way through.

Picked this kettle as it seemed to fit the criteria. No plastic cheap viewing window, won't break easily if dropped (not tested) unlike the glass kettle(s) and reviews seem favorable. Bought the kettle and put it to use as soon as it arrived on June 23rd 2011 (literally minutes after it arrived I had washed it, boiled one max fill and poured it down the drain to prep the kettle).

It has been used on daily bases (multiple times) up until about 3 days ago when I noticed that kettle is displaying curious symptoms, namely I will turn the kettle on and it would not boil water until I turn it off and then on again. Also sometimes it will start to boil the water but then cut out half way through or turn on and off in random cycles. It is still usable, simple turn off and on usually fixes the problem and kettle boils the water as expected.

It has lasted Almost 10 months without any issues, no spills, no leaks and nothing broke off (yet!). For the price I'd say it served it's purpose well enough although product life expectancy might be something to be longed for in this case. Having said that I am giving this product 4 stars out of 5. Others might have had better luck with their orders of this product however, so I would recommend basing your decision on more than one review.

UPDATE (December 3rd 2012): It has been almost a year and a half since I bought this kettle so I believe I can comment on it's performance and life-expectancy a bit better. Since the kettle is still operational (with occasional glitches described above) I have upgraded the rating to full 5 stars.

The kettle still works as well as it did when I wrote the original review. An occasional mishap when the kettle fails to turn on or cuts out during the use before it finishes the job it has survived through is not enough of an issue. It's more of a nuisance that I have learnt to accept. The kettle works as well as expected for a product that was designed by an imperfect being (a human I hope?).

The upgrade of the rating is due to the simple fact that the kettle has not developed any additional issues (no leaks, no broken parts or bits missing) ,it looks exactly as it did when it arrived 12.5 months ago (maybe not as clean I'll admit, since I can never get into little nooks an crannies around the handle).

UPDATE (March 15th 2013): A curious development with the kettle. The issue that I had described before where it would fail to turn on or it would turn off too early etc. has now vanished. Kettle is still performing as when it was when we first got it which actually amazes me as I am one of those people that think companies nowadays tend to design their products to fail within a certain period of time and therefore make us buy products more frequently. The kettle did not develop any new issues after being used every day on average about 4 times (sometimes more often). If I HAD to pick one thing to complain about I'd say that the base is too light which means that the heavy duty cable will move it about depending on how you have it positioned. Obviously this is picking at straws so to say, honestly it has lasted longer than any kettle I've used before (and I've used a few back in the UK). This one's definitely recommended if you want something that will last you.

UPDATE (December 26th 2013): Last time when I used this kettle it was still working as previously no new issues had been noted and no new developments or failures. Unfortunately we have moved onto a different device that's a little faster and more convenient (Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System), this will likely be the last update. All in all the kettle performed better than more expensive and cheaper ones that we've used before it. I would definitely recommend it!
66 comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2016
Good: it's smaller than some, but big enough for a couple of cups of french press coffee.

Mixed: it runs on fewer watts, thus takes longer to heat water.

Not good: I've found it sitting empty & hot a a few times. Apparently if you pour the water just before it reaches boiling, and neglect to manually turn the pot off, it doesn't turn itself off. I'd been used to another brand which turns off automatically when you lift the pot from its base, so I wasn't accustomed to having to remember to manually turn it off.

Bottom line: The malfunction/fire potential seems too high to me. I wouldn't buy this again.
on January 5, 2013
Great product but stinks like chemical fumes until used and washed several times. Too bad they don't make them in the USA. Nice that it can be removed from the base for transport. Quick even heating, automatic shutoff works well to prevent over-boiling. This would get 5 stars if it did not stink like chemicals upon opening and first use. Typical for Asian made appliances...
on December 8, 2016
Works very well and quick. I used to boil water for my tea in the microwave, but it just didn't feel right using a mw to just heat water, so I got this. When using the mw it would take a long time, and the cup would get so hot I couldn't touch it. With this kettle the water heats up faster, and after I pour, the tea cup handle doesn't get super hot. It would take forever for the mw heated cup to cool down, so it's nice to have the water cool down quicker and naturally just in time for my steeped tea to be drinkable. The outside of the kettle does get a little too hot to touch, but it has a plastic handle and plastic that runs down the kettle inside the handle, so it's not a problem. I highly recommend this kettle.
on February 10, 2013
I too was looking for a non-plastic kettle to make tea at the office. I was concerned by some of the reviews that mention the carcinogen warnings on the box, but other kettles in this price range were all plastic so I thought I'd try this one.

The inside of the pot is all metal. The lid is plastic, but unless you fill the pot all the way to the top (which you shouldn't do anyway, per instructions) it is a non issue. Also, the lid + handle appear to be made of polypropylene, which does not contain BPA. As some other reviewers have noted, the warning about cancer-causing chemicals likely refers to the plasticizers used to make the electric cord flexible and are present pretty much in all appliances.

The pot boils a liter of water in about 8 minutes. I've had it for over 6 months now and it works great. Also, it is really nice that the base is detachable so you can pour without dragging a cord around or having to unplug the unit. The inside is easy to clean. You can roll the excess cord under the base, to minimize clutter on your counter. It automatically shuts off once the water boils so no safety concerns. Highly recommended.
on May 31, 2013
Like many others I was intimidated by the scary California cancer warning label on the box. I'm glad it didn't stop me from buying it. I'm a US Soldier and am deployed right now. My guys and I use the kettle everyday from making soft boiled eggs, Ramon noodles, or most of all, heating water for a good cup of herbal tea. I guess it is made with something that might give you cancer though, so I have to give it 4 out of 5 stars.
review image review image review image
33 comments| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2017
Good size for small spaces. The downside is it takes longer than other tea kettles to boil. If you lift it before it finishes the peak boil temperature and return it to the stand it doesn't not automatically turn off. So you have to be sure to push the button yourself. The stand element is a bit awkward as it sticks up a bit so you have to land the kettle onto it with extra care. After about 2 months use, it now has a burning smell to it. I've used electric kettles for years and this one is a lower quality compared to the other brands.
on December 4, 2015
This kettle feels solid & well made. It reminds me of a similar coffee pot I had years ago which refused to die. The inside is all metal with the exception of the lid - not an issue for me. I'm still getting used to the ability to just set the kettle on its base to make the electrical connection but that works fine. The on/off switch is located on the top of the handle and snaps off with an obvious click once the water has boiled. Just be aware this kettle does not maintain heat to the water once the switch snaps off.
on December 20, 2013
My life was an empty vessel needing to be filled with boiling hot water. For a brief time I thought of ending it all,but along comes the Brentwood 1.2 litre Stainless , I repeat STAINLESS, steel tea kettle. Now I am filled to the brim with hot liquid any time I want and the sport of trying to stain this kettle has become a family obsession! So you may want to spend the rest of your life in cold water with a stained kettle to keep you company as you complain about the temperature or you can order the Brentwood 1.2 litre STAINREJECTING , make my life a boiling success, steel kettle. It only cost money , not your faith, not the blood of children mere money. The choice is yours ....but we both know what you are going to do.
on March 26, 2016
This is a great little electric kettle. I have been using it almost every day for just about two months now and it works flawlessly. I usually use it to heat two 17-oz bottles of room-temperature Poland Spring water at a time-34 ounces total for use in my French press-and it brings that amount of water to a hard boil in about 7 minutes.
The kettle shuts off automatically after the water boils. The handle never gets even warm and part of it is a thick, molded piece of plastic where it attaches to the kettle body so you won't burn your knuckles when pouring. The lid works properly and the spout pours flawlessly with absolutely no drip at all. And the entire inside is extremely smooth, highly polished stainless steel with a mirror finish. So far this kettle has performed perfectly and I feel it's a bargain at the price.